Poll: Don’t Extend Bush Cuts for Wealthy

When Ronnie gave the country Trickle Down. The wealth started concentrating at the top. Instead of letting the money trickle down, they used it to buy the politicians and the tax code, so they don't have to let the money trickle down. Worked out great for them, why are you babies crying anyway?

The unnatural concentration of wealth which has and is occurring has virtually nothing to do with the tax code. That is a serious correlation fallacy that persists.

Unnatural???

In a country where even the poor can get a cell-phone I don't see a legitimate beef here.

I've been in countries where they can't afford fucken shoes.

When this country gets to the point that air-conditioning is a luxury instead of a necessity then there's a problem.

Last edited:
Abolish the income tax completely. It's unconstitutional. User taxes, like sales tax, etc...is how the federal govt. should obtain its revenue. Though, the entire federal government is way too big. WAY. Therefore, the size and scope needs to be chopped way down. Until I see real solutions, I see no reason to tax anyone a single dollar more. Because guess what? It will not cure the deficit, it will not cut the debt. It's a talking point fueled by ignorance and envy and nothing more.

People are so gullible.

How do you figure?
Easy:
There's nothing the Dems want to do that doesn't involve spending money we don't have and growing the govermnet past what we need.
Apparently the entire Bush presidency flew over your head
Red Herring - we're discussing why I think its a great thing that the GOP has obstrcuted the Dems whenever possible. Whatever GWB may or may not have done is irrelevant to that issue.

Fact of the matter is that there's nothing the Dems want to do that doesn't involve spending money we don't have and growing the govermnet past what we need, so we're all better off that the GOP acts to obstruct the Dem agenda.

Please feel free to tell me how I am wrong.

Not to mention the Bush tax cuts for the rich extension added 858 billion in new spending.
You have no one to blame for this but The Obama, who forced the Dems to extend the cuts, and the Dems who did so.

If the GOP/teabaggers were really for getting the budget back in order, they...
... would have refused to raise the debt ceiling.

Last edited:
An income of 250K a year does not make one wealthy.

Neither is an extra 2% to their tax rate going to put them in the poor house. Cracks me up to see people thinking that someone bringing in 250K is barely scraping by, but teachers, cops, and firemen making 50 - 60K are grossly overpaid leeches.

So... are you or are you not for equal treatment by government under law??

And if not... when it comes down that something YOU stand for personally gets held back on subjective whim, you're not going to argue it, right??

The government is not here, nor is it empowered, to equalize outcome

Neither is an extra 2% to their tax rate going to put them in the poor house. Cracks me up to see people thinking that someone bringing in 250K is barely scraping by, but teachers, cops, and firemen making 50 - 60K are grossly overpaid leeches.

So... are you or are you not for equal treatment by government under law??

And if not... when it comes down that something YOU stand for personally gets held back on subjective whim, you're not going to argue it, right??

The government is not here, nor is it empowered, to equalize outcome
Those that live in and contribute to a free society almost always have more, and better, stuff than those that do not.

Liberals see this as a problem and look to fix it.

For the Obamabots in the thread, how many years of Obama using Bush's tax policy will it take for you to put any marginal shred of blame on Obama?

Obviously 4 years hasn't been near enough, 8? Would he have to be declared king and maybe after 20 years of ruling he'd deserve a whisper of criticism for going by Bush's tax plan?

When Ronnie gave the country Trickle Down. The wealth started concentrating at the top. Instead of letting the money trickle down, they used it to buy the politicians and the tax code, so they don't have to let the money trickle down. Worked out great for them, why are you babies crying anyway?

The unnatural concentration of wealth which has and is occurring has virtually nothing to do with the tax code. That is a serious correlation fallacy that persists.

Right paying a flat rate of 15% on all long term capital gains has done nothing to help the wealthy keep more wealth.

Reaganomics is a boon to the wealthy. Everyone else has suffered a loss in wealth.

the simple fact is the "reconciliation" tax legislation 2003 was passes without a single vote other than Republicans who were themselves the primary beneficiaries. Without any restraints to prevent future spending, their 2003 act was the primary cause of the soaring National Debt associated with the 07-09 Great Recession.

the Republican's believed the debt caused by their initiative would be solved by forcing spending cuts, Austerity that the Democrats would have no choice but to implement. But rather than the Republican objective the dominate Democrats use Keynesian Stimulus to curtail the Great Recession and were successful in June of 09.

now with a mending economy it is the Democrats that are calling on the Republicans that caused the National Debt to soar to pay back for what they caused.

the Republican plan was reversed by the Obama Administration and Democratic Congress and the 2012 elections will determine the final outcome.

the simple fact is the "reconciliation" tax legislation 2003 was passes without a single vote other than Republicans who were themselves the primary beneficiaries. Without any restraints to prevent future spending, their 2003 act was the primary cause of the soaring National Debt associated with the 07-09 Great Recession.
This is a lie.

The Republican's believed the debt caused by their initiative would be solved by forcing spending cuts, Austerity that the Democrats would have no choice but to implement.
This is also a lie -- NO ONE believes the Dems will ever agree to cutting spending on anything other than defense.

Abolish the income tax completely. It's unconstitutional. User taxes, like sales tax, etc...is how the federal govt. should obtain its revenue. Though, the entire federal government is way too big. WAY. Therefore, the size and scope needs to be chopped way down. Until I see real solutions, I see no reason to tax anyone a single dollar more. Because guess what? It will not cure the deficit, it will not cut the debt. It's a talking point fueled by ignorance and envy and nothing more.

People are so gullible.

How do you figure it's unconstitutional since the 16th Amendment grants that power to the feds?

Drop the Bush Tax cuts for everyone, but,

Demand a balanced budet with an amendment that restricts Government spending to a % of the GDP.

Develop a plan to pay off the debt. Perhaps a debt bond program like the war bonds of the past.

After the debt is paid of reduce taxes for everyone.

An income of $250,000 doesn't pay the top tax rate.

Not quite true, a successful young Executive or Sales Person with no Family and paid cash for his House pays 35% Tax.

The same scenario of a person who did not finish school and has no work ethic that works at a mid levels job and has no kids and rents a house, pays 15% tax.

Yup, the hard working person in America always gets screwed!

We need a Flat Tax, everyone pays 10% no deductions for anything, that is fair and equal.

Actually it's quite true. Everyone pays the same rate for the same income level. That is the first 8500 dollars in income is charged 10%, regardless of the total taxable income. Then the next 26,000 is taxed at 15%......and on and on...

2011 Tax Brackets, Rates and Federal Taxable Income Thresholds. Standard Deduction and Exemption Increase | Saving to Inve$t

So in essence the effective tax rate for a person who made 250,000 in 2011 is about 25%.

A flat tax on all income is not fair. Sales tax and user fees would be fairer.

For the Obamabots in the thread, how many years of Obama using Bush's tax policy will it take for you to put any marginal shred of blame on Obama?

To be fair to the Obamabots, extending the Bush tax cuts was not Obama's choice. That is all on the GOP.

An income of $250,000 doesn't pay the top tax rate.

Not quite true, a successful young Executive or Sales Person with no Family and paid cash for his House pays 35% Tax.

The same scenario of a person who did not finish school and has no work ethic that works at a mid levels job and has no kids and rents a house, pays 15% tax.

Yup, the hard working person in America always gets screwed!

We need a Flat Tax, everyone pays 10% no deductions for anything, that is fair and equal.

Actually it's quite true. Everyone pays the same rate for the same income level. That is the first 8500 dollars in income is charged 10%, regardless of the total taxable income. Then the next 26,000 is taxed at 15%......and on and on...

2011 Tax Brackets, Rates and Federal Taxable Income Thresholds. Standard Deduction and Exemption Increase | Saving to Inve$t

So in essence the effective tax rate for a person who made 250,000 in 2011 is about 25%.

A flat tax on all income is not fair. Sales tax and user fees would be fairer.

Again... fair is subjective...

What I and many others seek is nothing more than equal treatment...

If you told me that flat tax would be shot down (and all income tax eliminated) and instead replaced with a flat sales tax that is iron clad across the board, where some cannot squeak out of it and there are no deals for exemptions... I would take that over what we have now

Their pension plans and benefits are what make them too expensive.

And Just because I make more than 250K does not mean I don't have the right to have it safe from the fucking crooks in the government.
The "logic" that one should pay a higher tax rate simply because one makes more money is utterly flawed.

Forum List

Back