POLL: Does the other side of the issues at least have reasonable points?

Does the other side of the issues AT LEAST make some reasonable points?

• Total voters

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Pretty straightforward question here. As our political rhetoric becomes more binary and divided, I wonder how many of us believe that the other side of issues AT LEAST make SOME reasonable, understandable points when they argue their side. At least on the major issues confronting us.

Thoughts?

Pretty straightforward question here. As our political rhetoric becomes more binary and divided, I wonder how many of us believe that the other side of issues AT LEAST make SOME reasonable, understandable points when they argue their side. At least on the major issues confronting us.

Thoughts?

Sure Mac, they make reasonable points, as long as the facts they are using to make them are true!

Thoughts?
Depends on which "other side" you're talking about.

The demented tRumpling harpies who frequent this site, or the nominal adults (no, I'm not referring to Cheeto Jesus) who really participate in the government?

Thoughts?
My typical discussion I land in these days very few resonable points are given.
PS. I find myself less interested in talking politics as time goes on. Much better off fishing. I some times think that the system is so broken it does not matter who we elect we just get the same old shit

Thoughts?
I chose yes, but it DOES depend on the topic, too. I hear some pretty nutty theories out there. As for major policy issues -- I often agree with the "other side" because I pick and choose--I'm an Independent and no party ever gets it quite right imo.

Thoughts?

The demented tRumpling harpies who frequent this site, or the nominal adults (no, I'm not referring to Cheeto Jesus) who really participate in the government?
Well, I'm talking about whichever side is on the other end for you. So yeah, in your case, the Trumpsters.

Broad based poll question.............trying to force you to find something good with the other side........WHICH IS VERY HARD TO DO.

The only one over there until Bloomberg with a sense of sanity was Gabbard........even though I disagree with her left policies on the Green money making machine...............She would have probably been the best choice to just GET OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST........but since she is not in the Establishments pockets..............BYE BYE.

Bloomberg is a flip flopper..............Dem to GOP to Independent to Dem...........Frankly I don't think he cares which party he belongs to as long as it has HIS BEST INTEREST IN MIND............But given that............HE IS THERE TO STOP THE BERN..........and I agree with that................The Bern is off the charts Lunacy.....and Bloomberg is only running to STOP IT. ...............I agree with that even though I'd never vote for him.

Thoughts?

Well, I'm talking about whichever side is on the other end for you. So yeah, in your case, the Trumpsters.
Then no. The local tRumplings rarely even try to make a point, it's mostly a barrage of "liberals suck" hatred and "our great president tRump" sucking up.

Thoughts?

Then no. The local tRumplings rarely even try to make a point, it's mostly a barrage of "liberals suck" hatred and "our great president tRump" sucking up.
Well................we do THINK YOU SUCK............so we are speaking our minds...........same as you.

That just sucks now doesn't it.
images

Thoughts?

I don't think Mac is talking about the peanut gallery at USMB.

Thoughts?

Sure. Liberals have a lot of bad ideas. As do conservatives. The good ideas liberals have are much better than the conservative good ideas. Those being universal healthcare, expanding college, keeping Corp America honest.

Thoughts?

Do you feel you could argue the other side effectively if you had to?

Thoughts?

Yes. However it is pointless here. As soon as a liberal/Democrat posts a rebuttle of a conservative position the tRumplings all jump in to post a barrage of insults and deflections. I have stopped even trying.

Thoughts?

Yes. However it is pointless here. As soon as a liberal/Democrat posts a rebuttle of a conservative position the tRumplings all jump in to post a barrage of insults and deflections. I have stopped even trying.
Oh, I agree. My point is that there usually ARE some reasonable points on both ends of an issue, even if those trying to MAKE them are shitty at it.

Bloomberg is a flip flopper..............Dem to GOP to Independent to Dem...........Frankly I don't think he cares which party he belongs to as long as it has HIS BEST INTEREST IN MIND............

Not to derail the thread, but you just described our current president to the T.

There used to be some commonality before Trump and his Trumpbots came along. Since they mainly seem bent on letting Trump rule by edict rather than having actual coherent policies I can't see supporting anything they do.

Zero helped facilitate the chasm between the productive half of the country and the non-productive half..... aka the half that works for a living vs the half that votes for a living. We gave the keys to an anonymous muslim lawn jockey and now it's going to take generations to unfuck this country. Trump is a good start.

Thoughts?
There are some that do but they are getting harder and harder to find far to many have discovered it’s much easier to just trash and label those they disagree with.

Forum List

Back