POLL : Does it help or hurt Sen. Obama...

What do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it helps because more people are going to be watching the Mohamed Ali treatment of John Mccain.

Obama's only strong point will be on Pakistan.

Other than that

McCain will get him on his flip flopping over Iraq...the surge...his response to Russian aggression, and Iran.

McCain will take the debate.

obama-ali.png

In looking at how people voted, I'm thinking that perhaps it does nothing to entrenched voters... but nothing's going to change those votes anyway.

And I'm not sure if the undecideds really understand it or care.

And I'm not sure if the undecideds really understand it or care.

I think your right. But it's going to be interesting. The Reagan/Carter 1980 debate had the highest viewership of any Presidential Debate with 80 million. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see that record not just broken, but shattered on friday.

I think your right. But it's going to be interesting. The Reagan/Carter 1980 debate had the highest viewership of any Presidential Debate with 80 million. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see that record not just broken, but shattered on friday.

I agree. It's going to be shattered on Friday....and then again when Biden and Palin debate. You know, though, I think that's a good thing. One of my favorite political types ever used to tell me that politics are a full contact team sport. I think it's only fair that they should be a spectator sport, too.

Obama's only strong point will be on Pakistan.

Other than that

McCain will get him on his flip flopping over Iraq...the surge...his response to Russian aggression, and Iran.

Obama was right about Iraq before we invaded. I think you are underestimating or ignoring how powerful that is going to play in the foreign policy debate.

141 million people watched the Super Bowl. 80 million should be easy, but it IS on a Friday. So, we'll see.

I have my doubts too ...

Friday + the uncertainty of it even happening = not sure 80 million watch

Obama was right about Iraq before we invaded. I think you are underestimating or ignoring how powerful that is going to play in the foreign policy debate.

No, Obama wasn't right. Obama, like the rest of the country, thought they had nuclear capabilities, and he STILL didn't want to invade. That tells me he doesn't care about national security.

Originally Posted by Barack Obama
Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity.

He’s a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.

I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a US occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda.

I am not opposed to all wars. I’m opposed to dumb wars.

Sounds pretty spot on to me.

And I'm now off to work.

Obama will get to explain that paying the sunnis and shiite for a truce also helped lower violence, and some of those truces are ending, and we are running out of money.

Were paying $20 billion a month in iraq and mccain wants to stay 4 yrs longer than obama. And you think he wins that?

Mccain also helped in borrowing $1 billion from china, IN TODAYS WORLD MARKET! and sent it to Georgia. And not the one in the USA, and you think that's a winner?

You're gonna say mccain won no matter what.

Obama will get to explain that paying the sunnis and shiite for a truce also helped lower violence, and some of those truces are ending, and we are running out of money.

Were paying $20 billion a month in iraq and mccain wants to stay 4 yrs longer than obama. And you think he wins that?

Mccain also helped in borrowing $1 billion from china, IN TODAYS WORLD MARKET! and sent it to Georgia. And not the one in the USA, and you think that's a winner?

You're gonna say mccain won no matter what.

I think if Obama gets bogged down in ^ that quagmire during the debate, he can join Gore and Kerry, the three democrats who almost became president.

I'm going to be at a debate party with the Doeton if the event happens. I think we'll take a drink every time mccain says "my friends" and "now" & Obama says "Uhm" and "change"

i'm gonna get so HAMMERED!

I think if Obama gets bogged down in ^ that quagmire during the debate, he can join Gore and Kerry, the three democrats who almost became president.

Just keep pounding it into everyone's head that McCain's ideas are going to cost us a lot more.

Staying in Iraq for 5 more years, sending a billion to Georgia, not capturing or killing Bin Ladin.

I don't know how Obama can lose anything. Just don't say the solution is above your pay grade Barrack :eusa_pray:

neither helps nor hurts him

He said he was ready to debate... he wasn't trying to back out...

He's got a firm grasp on foreign policy issues and knows where he wants to take the country.

the bigger question is does it help or hurt McCain? I'd be interested to know what people think of that...

Sorry guys but you are missing the point of the debate Friday Night
The American People were not fully represented. Yes there are many of us who would like to hear the views of the other candidates.

Why would anyone want to oppose an Open debate? If Exon were replacing their CEO do you think they would limit themselves to just 2 candidates. No! They would seek many applicants. Why would we not want the same choice.

I often ask people what corporations are they voting for. Mobil or Bank of America

Sadly but as the Kings and Queens go by the wayside replacing them are the Kings and Queens of the media and corporate worlds. Oh the media is a corporate world. HMMMM now it makes more sense!

Sorry but if we don't open up the debates like CANADA AND AUSTRALIA WE ARE DOOMED TO BECOME SLAVES OF THE CORPORATE WORLD. Oh I think it has already happened.

So if you want corporate dictatorship to end. You had better start posting
OPEN THE DEBATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back