Poll: Do you want the Federal governemnt running all healthcare?

Do you want single payer healthcare run by the Federal government?

• No. I'd rather work and pay for my own healthcare

Votes: 56 83.6%
  • Yes. I trust the government to provide world class healthcare to everyone

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
I remember Obama's promise that Obamacare would save all families about $2,500 a year, it actually cost them about $10,000 a year in deductibles, meaning that they basically pay premiums AND pay deductibles to see a doctor. McCain really screwed up not killing Obamacare when he had the chance.

The democrats are running on "single payer" Medicare for all, where the government pays for all healthcare, and its FREE when needed. I can't imagine the lines of people waiting to see doctors. I wonder what GS pay grade doctors would get?

These two links basically prove two main points:
1. About 20% of the population uses 80% of the healthcare system. Can you say "pre-existing conditions"?

Does 20% of the population really use 80% of health care dollars?
2. The bottom 50% of the population by income pays basically nothing for healthcare
How do health expenditures vary across the population? - Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker

How can we improve the US healthcare system?
1. The bottom half of the population needs to work to get healthcare, medicaid needs to be cut
2. The 20% of the sickest need top pay more for healthcare since they use most of the resource

Any better ideas??
Dems are running on single payer where our taxes pay for everyone care. That would eliminate the cost and complications of Insurance Companies. It would allow us to take VA , Medicare and Medicaid money and fold them into a national system. It would eliminate the discussion of pre-existing conditions. National healthcare costs about half as much as our terrible system that leaves millions with no healthcare.

I remember Obama's promise that Obamacare would save all families about $2,500 a year, it actually cost them about $10,000 a year in deductibles, meaning that they basically pay premiums AND pay deductibles to see a doctor. McCain really screwed up not killing Obamacare when he had the chance.

The democrats are running on "single payer" Medicare for all, where the government pays for all healthcare, and its FREE when needed. I can't imagine the lines of people waiting to see doctors. I wonder what GS pay grade doctors would get?

These two links basically prove two main points:
1. About 20% of the population uses 80% of the healthcare system. Can you say "pre-existing conditions"?

Does 20% of the population really use 80% of health care dollars?
2. The bottom 50% of the population by income pays basically nothing for healthcare
How do health expenditures vary across the population? - Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker

How can we improve the US healthcare system?
1. The bottom half of the population needs to work to get healthcare, medicaid needs to be cut
2. The 20% of the sickest need top pay more for healthcare since they use most of the resource

Any better ideas??
Dems are running on single payer where our taxes pay for everyone care. That would eliminate the cost and complications of Insurance Companies. It would allow us to take VA , Medicare and Medicaid money and fold them into a national system. It would eliminate the discussion of pre-existing conditions. National healthcare costs about half as much as our terrible system that leaves millions with no healthcare.

Yeah, because government anything is soooo much less expensive and complicated than private . . . said no one ever.

There are not "millions with no health care" in this country. You mistake "no insurance" with "no healthcare". There are, apparently, lots of people in countries with national single-payer systems who STILL don't get healthcare they need.

Last edited:
Honest people know that Social security never missed a payment and costs under 1 percent of incoming revenue. The idea that the government cannot run things is utterly false. It was started by Reagan and sold to Americans by inculcation.
There are 44 million without healthcare in America. another 37 with inadequate care. Nearly 1 in 3 . PBS- Healthcare Crisis: The Uninsured

The government runs Social security and it has not missed a check in 70 years while it is run on 1 percent of its revenue. It runs Medicare which is an excellent health system.
Private insurance is a guarantee that your costs will increase and so will co-pays. Your coverage will drop steadily though.That is hardly a system I want to promote. You have to fight the insurance company to pay for the procedures you have paid for when you are ill and weak. For profit health insurance is fundamentally wrong. It adds cost and complexity while providing less and less coverage.
Post of the thread!

giphy.gif

Nobody wants the government to run healthcare.

Yet, another false statement by a radical rightwinger.

The OP is a fraud and a liar.

The thread should have been closed before it was opened.

Honest people know that Social security never missed a payment and costs under 1 percent of incoming revenue. The idea that the government cannot run things is utterly false. It was started by Reagan and sold to Americans by inculcation.
There are 44 million without healthcare in America. another 37 with inadequate care. Nearly 1 in 3 . PBS- Healthcare Crisis: The Uninsured

Honest people know that Social Security makes up more than a third of mandatory spending in the federal budget, and around 23% of the entire federal budget. I have no idea where you get this "1 percent of incoming revenue" you keep asserting that "everyone knows", but MY source is the Office of Management and Budget.

Honest people ALSO know that "never missed a payment" has not one fucking thing to do with whether or not they can CONTINUE to make those payments. Again, I have no idea who YOUR source is, but MINE is the Social Security and Medicare Board of Trustees:

"Social Security as a whole as well as Medicare cannot sustain projected long-run program costs...", and that the government should be "giving the public adequate time to prepare."

Don't waste my time linking op-eds and pretending they're news, especially when you can't be bothered providing links for the "facts" you want to assert.

Nobody wants the government to run healthcare.

Yet, another false statement by a radical rightwinger.

The OP is a fraud and a liar.

The thread should have been closed before it was opened.

The OP is 100% correct, and has documented links proving the claims.
Your posts are whiny and unsubstantiated, one might even call them uninformed "opinions".

It should not be mandatory, but insurance lobbyists bribed congressmen.

Now insurance companies have government laws backing them, not a good situation.
For example, in the UK, national healthcare is not required of all as far as using it; everyone pays for it in their taxes, but people who can afford it may go to private physicians as much as they want. We cannot pick and choose what programs our taxes go for. If we followed one of Warren's plans, we would be getting far more back in corporate taxes than we'd need to pay for Medicare for all. Too many Americans prefer to let the rich get richer and the poor die from lack of proper healthcare benefits. One percent of the population owns 80% of the money. And Republicans want to keep it that way.

For example, the UK and Canada have long since been debunked as being anything Americans would want or would tolerate. I get that you're not very bright and extremely behind on the news, as well as out of touch with anyone who isn't your tiny group of leftist friends and family, so I'm letting you know now that you're wasting everyone's time championing something that has already been dissected and rejected long since.
No such debunking has occurred. You obviously don't have a clue about reality. I have lived and worked in the EU and have experienced having universal health care for several years. You are wrong about it. Totally and completely wrong. What you believe is based on ignorance an having been brainwashed by such idiots as Rush Limbaugh and the like.

What fucking rock have you been living under for the last few years, Mensa Girl? There's a difference between "I didn't pay any attention" and "It didn't happen". The UK's failing NHS has been an open scandal in the news for ages. Ditto the downsides to the Canadian healthcare system.

You obviously don't have a clue about reality, because you're stupid, self-aggrandizing ass thinks "I personally experienced THIS and thought THIS about, therefore that is reality for every single human on Earth."

This isn't your group therapy session, ass napkin, which means no one asked about your personal life. And for damned sure literally NO ONE is interested in hearing your anecdotal, supported-by-not-a-fucking-thing-except-your-word-for-it assertions as to how things are.

And "You disagree with me, so it MUST be that you listen to Rush Limbaugh!" argument is just another form of total surrender in my book.

Let me bottom line this for you, shitbrain: you're an idiot. No one here would take your word for it if you told us water runs downhill. This country doesn't want what you insist it have, and we aren't convinced to agree with you by you calling us stupid for not doing so.

Until you bestir your lazy, greedy leftist ass to actually read some of the MULTIPLE threads on the subject of healthcare and on your specific assertions, you are not worthy to speak on my screen, much less to actually be responded to as though you were an actual person.

Begone until you prove you can do better.

FLUSH!

Notice....working in Europe is not being a citizen of Europe......getting treated as a foreigner and walking away is not the same as living in the country, getting too old to meet the equation for treatment, and putting on wait lists...
If you work in Europe, you are part of the system. You pay taxes and you receive universal health care. You don't have to be a citizen. If you just live there w/o working, then you are not eligible for universal health care. Each country is a separate entity, but this is how it is, essentially, in all of the EU. If you live and work there for many years (at least 10) you are eligible for retirement benefits, just like anyone else who has lived and worked there for many years because you have paid taxes into the system. Your benefits will be based on your input into the system during your working years, just like our Social Security system. You don't have to be a citizen.

Forum List

Back