Poll: Do you think Osama Bin Laden will be Captured?

Do you think Osama Bin Laden will be Captured?

• Total voters

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Got this idea from a <a href="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186460,00.html" target=_blank">Fox News Story</a> I was reading and am curious to see the opinions here at USMB.

I'm all about wishful thinking, but I just don't realistically expect it will happen, not when he can camp out in sympathetic countries. My bet is he dies of his own accord before we get the chance. I like the idea, though, if captured, of putting him in the stockades in Times Square. :thup:

No, I don't believe he will be found or captured because I believe he is already dead--and may have been for quite some time. I think the militants are using every trick in their house of cards to make us think he is still alive. Using the technology that is available today, you can produce some amazing results.

The second in command has been on TV far too many times as mouth for Al Quada for me to believe Bin laden, with his big ego, would have permitted that if he had still been alive.

Just too much area. Iran, Syria, the entire Hindu Kush. It's just not realistic or worthwile to spend too many resources on it. He's been pretty well marginalized already, and it's not like his capture will end or even slow down the Islamist movement at all.

Since it is pretty much established that Osama is hiding out within Pakistan and that Musharref has to treat lightly between the US and his extremist populus
it seems unlikely that they ll get him ever alive.

Maybe one day a commando/ airattack will rid us of that asshole.

Well, wasn't that Bush's main plan for stopping in Afghanistan? To re-assure the troops there, that the hunt is still on?

I mean, does it really matter anymore? After bin Laden's last tape, bascilly saying na, na, nanny poo, you can't find me. Is he really that "hot" anymore?

If he's alive, he's still the "boogy man" Bush wants us to believe he is.....and still is a hero to his followers. If he's dead, he was the "boogy man" and a martyr to his followers.

I mean........come on...........we can't find the tallest man in Afghainstan?

welcome to the board.

In Pakistan Osama has many sympathizers and the government is not at all
in control of the border regions. 250 Pakistani soldiers got killed by the tribal
militias in the fist incursion. Pakistan politically has a population that does not
like the US. Thats why major operations against the Islamist cant be done without threatening the stability of the regime.

So the US prefers a dictator pro America in power over getting Bin Laden.
Wise choice imo.

If the boogy man is more an asset then Bin Laden dead. I doubt that.

Personally, I would like to envision Bin Laden being watched and listened to by our intelligence. Compromising him in the eyes of muslims may be way more valuable to us then his death.

nosarcasm

welcome to the board.

First of all thank you for the welcome. I've been searching for a new forum, since one of the ones I visit, has turned into, well for lack of a better word.....a pissing contest. I'll tell you...it's a jungle out there. Good forums are hard to find. I'll prorbably take it slow here at first.

In Pakistan Osama has many sympathizers and the government is not at all
in control of the border regions. 250 Pakistani soldiers got killed by the tribal
militias in the fist incursion. Pakistan politically has a population that does not
like the US. Thats why major operations against the Islamist cant be done without threatening the stability of the regime.
I've found that most are pretty solid in their beliefs of where he is. I think he's still in Afghanistan. You say Pakistan's population doesn't not really like us...........well.......stop and think about it, not many countries do, nowadays. But Musharif (sp) is one of our closets allies.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/06/20030624-3.html
Quote:

Since September 11th attacks, Pakistan has apprehended more than 500 al
Qaeda and Taliban terrorists -- thanks to the effective border security
measures and law enforcement cooperation throughout the country, and thanks
to the leadership of President Musharraf.

gop_jeff said:
I think we'll find him and kill him.

If that's the case then why'd you vote that you think we'll find him dead? :)

-Cp said:
If that's the case then why'd you vote that you think we'll find him dead? :)

By the time the American soldiers get to his body, they'll have shot enough lead through him to plumb the Pentagon with. :firing: :terror:

has been dead for a couple of years now...no government seems that interested in finding the corpse or a fictional alive person...so I can't contribute to the poll as posted...N/A IMO!

Forum List

Back