Poll: Do You Have a Problem with NFL Players Locking Arms During National Anthem?

Do you have a problem with NFL players locking arms during National Anthem? Why?

• Total voters
Let's see. We have 3 1/2 million Americans in a catastrophic situation in Puerto Rico, we have many more millions in dire situations in Texas and Houston. We have crazies coming out of the woodwork, injuring hundreds of Americans, killing half a hundred more. Am I worried about what a bunch of professional athletes are doing? Not at all. As long as it is not illegal, it is their business, and that of their fans. That you fuckers think this is important is simply an indication of your room temperature IQ's.

Let's see. We have 3 1/2 million Americans in a catastrophic situation in Puerto Rico, we have many more millions in dire situations in Texas and Houston. We have crazies coming out of the woodwork, injuring hundreds of Americans, killing half a hundred more. Am I worried about what a bunch of professional athletes are doing? Not at all. As long as it is not illegal, it is their business, and that of their fans. That you fuckers think this is important is simply an indication of your room temperature IQ's.

Institutional racism, which is what these players are protesting, is also in exercise in Trump and the Conservatives pathetic response to what is happening in Puerto Rico. It's institutional racism that is the reason Trump thinks the people in PR are lazy.

As stated in another thread, it isn't even a conscious decision. It's not like I've said 'well, screw em, I'm not watching because of this', it's more, I think, that I start to interpret this as a loss of focus on the sport, but instead on these other issues, which in turn, I think, causes me to also begin to lose that focus, which results in my not caring as much, which results in my not watching as much...although, again, it's not even a conscious thing....

What your caterwauling boils down to is that you think you're entitled to not be discomforted by what you see on your television.

I am telling you that such an entitlement doesn't exist.

Get over yourself.

nonsense.

this logical fallacy: circular reasoning.

try again, but please try harder. I've again tried to talk with you in a rational fashion and explain my reasoning on this, but again am getting nothing but your utter preconceptions crap.

you are bordering on vacuous. again, I don't think you're stupid, but I'm starting to question that conclusion.

How is this circular? I think you're just spitting out words now for the sake of not shutting up and getting the last word in.

try again, but please try harder. I've again tried to talk with you in a rational fashion and explain my reasoning on this, but again am getting nothing but your utter preconceptions crap.

"Utter preconceptions"? What do you mean?

You are saying these guys have no rightt to interrupt your "right" to comfort as you watch football on your television, yes?

I'm telling you that your "right to not be discomforted" doesn't exist, and you should get over yourself.

you are bordering on vacuous. again, I don't think you're stupid, but I'm starting to question that conclusion.

I think you're a whiny little bitch who simply cannot handle anything that discomforts your delicate sensibilities.

How is this circular? I think you're just spitting out words now for the sake of not shutting up and getting the last word in.

"Utter preconceptions"? What do you mean?

You are saying these guys have no rightt to interrupt your "right" to comfort as you watch football on your television, yes?

I'm telling you that your "right to not be discomforted" doesn't exist, and you should get over yourself.

I think you're a whiny little bitch who simply cannot handle anything that discomforts your delicate sensibilities.

it is circular because you assume the outcome of my not watching is the proof of this 'sense of entitlement', said unproven sense of entitlement causing my not watching-- and around and around and around. good gawd, how do you not see that.

jeez, I'm starting to feel like I'm talking to a horse or something. lol.

beyond that, I've given you the reasoning which you have simply ignored, coming right back to this nonsense- as it fits your preconceptions.

let put this in terms maybe even you can understand.

this is the marketplace. I am the consumer in this scenario. I think we can agree on that much.

now, were I to go to a car dealer and pay for a red car, but the dealer decided to try to give me a blue car instead, is my saying 'I don't want that' due to a sense of entitlement? no, it's due to my determining, as does every other consumer, how they choose to allocate their resources of time, money, whatever in the marketplace.

sorry, that's the free market and the right of every consumer. And, again, these guys can do as they please, I have no problem with it, but just as that dealer that tries to sell me something other than what I paid for, I have every right to turn it down if I so choose; and if they're going to turn every Sunday in a political platform instead of a football game, for whatever cause, I'm likely going to drift off as a fan, as that's not what I'm there for.

If you want to paint every free market choice as part of some sort of 'entitlement' schema go right ahead. being wrong, and obviously so, doesn't seem to bother you, so I don't imagine this will either....

It's not my problem that you're just too stupid and too indoctrinated in your own set of self righteous beliefs that you are having problems seeing that you are actually materially, and provably, wrong. lol. gawd what a fucking moron.....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back