POLL: Conservatives/Republicans: Should the Tea Party secede?

Should the Tea Party secede from the GOP?

• Yes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
The tea party is not an organization and certainly is not a political party. It is a movement or way of thinking.
Do you think that's its image nationally, or do you not care?

Thats the image that the media and the dems are trying to protray. But its not based on any facts, its based on lies. Looks like you have bought into the lies.

The TP needs to be more vocal as to who it is and what it stands for.

Well, we can agree that the TP needs to be more vocal as to who it is and what it stands for.

Because I'm trying to pay attention, and here's what I'm seeing: People who simplistically and automatically refuse to consider any cooperative effort with Democrats as if working together equals abject capitulation; people who scream "RINO" at any Republican politician who dares to disagree with them on pretty much anything while threatening to "primary" them; people who attack other Republicans with at least as much passion as they attack Democrats; people who automatically kneejerk against virtually any government involvement clearly without thinking through the possible ramifications.

If that's wrong, then yeah, it's time for the TP to set the record straight. I'd like to see it.

Well, we can agree that the TP needs to be more vocal as to who it is and what it stands for.

Because I'm trying to pay attention, and here's what I'm seeing: People who simplistically and automatically refuse to consider any cooperative effort with Democrats as if working together equals abject capitulation; people who scream "RINO" at any Republican politician who dares to disagree with them on pretty much anything while threatening to "primary" them; people who attack other Republicans with at least as much passion as they attack Democrats; people who automatically kneejerk against virtually any government involvement clearly without thinking through the possible ramifications.

If that's wrong, then yeah, it's time for the TP to set the record straight. I'd like to see it.

what exactly have obama and the dems done to cooperate with the GOP? Rammed ACA through on dems only votes with no open debate and no GOP allowed to offer amendments or ask questions? Was that your idea of cooperation?

what exactly have obama and the dems done to cooperate with the GOP? Rammed ACA through on dems only votes with no open debate and no GOP allowed to offer amendments or ask questions? Was that your idea of cooperation?
That would be a different subject. At some point in every deadlocked situation, somebody has to be the adult in the room and be first. Pointing at the other guy is done enough, dontcha think?

You brought up Perot, not me. If you didn't think it was applicable to you, then bringing him up wasn't very bright.

So let me repeat it once again. The party isn't going to change for you. Ever. If you think it will, you are a fool. So go out on your own and act like you have a pair, rather than sucking off the GOP teat and complaining that nobody listens to you. Go... we don't need you, we don't want you. It's our party and you can stick your complaints up your collective backsides. And we sincerely hope you don't like it.

Is that clear enough? I tried not to use big words.

The fact is, both parties have changed over time and I am sure they will continue to do so.

History proves you are wrong about the party never changing.

How the Democratic and Republican Parties Have Changed in 8 Charts - NationalJournal.com

I'm not wrong. Take another look at those charts. The darkest shades are what you call the "true conservatives". It remains a minority group and that isn't going to change. Most people are not ideologues and are not attracted by either end of the political spectrum. In fact, I expect there are people who are being counted in that "very conservative" category who people here would call a RINO. This is because, while incessantly talking about liberty, they attack anyone who varies from the ideological line to any extent at all.

The GOP is never going to be what you want it to be. The large majority of republicans don't want it to be what you want it to be. So go.... create something more to your liking. We are not going to roll over for you.

So the chart shows NO changes?

Dude you are in denial!!

But if you want to admit that the Democratic party, the party that supported or tolerated slavery and opposed civil rights reforms after the Civil War in order to retain the support of Southern voters is still the same party, then go ahead.

I'm not a democrat. I could not care less about the democrats. I'm a republican. This is my party. If you want to be in the party, great. But be in the party. If all you want to do is attack anyone who doesn't kowtow to your every whim, hit the bricks. Because we republicans, the real republicans, have had just about enough of this crap.

You don't sound more like a liberal than a conservative in some of your rants. I'm attacking? HAHAHAHAHAHA I've shown that the parties have and do change which flies in the face of your claim that they don't.

I have more conservatism in my little finger than you do your entire body.

You don't even know what a conservative is.

More fantasy. The leadership of the party didn't walk into their office one day, put up a sign and everyone just assumed they belonged there. They were voted in by the membership. Do you think the membership didn't know who they were? And when they finally leave those positions, they are not going to be replaced by any "true conservatives". If you want to control your party, you need to form your own party. You will never control the GOP.
A group within the party who challenges the status quo is already in effect a third party.
A third party would put a third candidate in many elections and sway the advantage to the left.

Ross Perot a prime example. It must be done from within................Unless we ditch the 2 party system all together.

Then ditch the 2 party system. That is not written in stone, it just happened. If you all believe that you constitute a majority in the country then the result will be a win. Ross Perot clearly did not represent a majority. If you compare yourselves to him, then you must think you also do not represent a majority and aren't capable of standing on your own.

The real problem I guess is in these terms you keep tossing out. You all call yourselves "true conservatives" and the rest of us "RINOs". However, given that it was our party in the first place and you are late comers, it is actually the opposite. We are the true conservatives and you all are the RINOs. If you think we are going to just roll over and let you have our party, you are out of your minds. You are a minority in our party and you will always be a minority in our party. A loud minority, I'll grant, but a minority nonetheless. If you ever want to be more than that, then get off your backsides and start your own party. In other words, grow up, get a job and move out of our basement.
Ross Perot was an example of how a third party candidate lost the election to Clinton. I never compared myself to him. YOU DID THAT.

To the Status Quo................If you support McLame, Bone Head, and Graham Nuts.............................then you aren't a Conservative...............and all this talk.........HOW YOU MADE THE GOP...............who they hell are you and do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Conservative Movements helped the GOP time and time again........but you would say the Conservatives are the problem.................How about 18 TRILLION reasons why we shouldn't listen to you..........................If that is Conservatism then I have some Ocean Front Property for you in Arizona................that is if we get the illegals off the land there first...................................

Your GRAND OLE PARTY didn't even have the BALLS to stand up to Obama on funding AMNESTY.................It's illegal yet the GOP gave the Green Light..............

When the status quo GOP grows a freaking spine let me know..................

3rd Party would be a direct challenge to the GOP STATUS QUO................and would be a godsend to the Dems......

You brought up Perot, not me. If you didn't think it was applicable to you, then bringing him up wasn't very bright.

So let me repeat it once again. The party isn't going to change for you. Ever. If you think it will, you are a fool. So go out on your own and act like you have a pair, rather than sucking off the GOP teat and complaining that nobody listens to you. Go... we don't need you, we don't want you. It's our party and you can stick your complaints up your collective backsides. And we sincerely hope you don't like it.

Who appointed you the God of the party. Ross Perot was an example of what happens when you get a third ticket. If you support the freaking RINO's then you are the problem and not the solution. If you support McLame and Bone Head you might as well call youselves Democraps instead of Republican.

How about this. Grow a fucking spine as the people of this country are tired of Jellyfish. Use the power of the purse to force change...................and Grow a set of Gonads your damned self. We are 18 Trillion in the hole and still those of the GOP haven't made a real stand. Which is why others want to hunt your asses down. We don't need another party to do so. Just take the trash out one at a time via elections....................

Have a nice day RINO supporter...........

Yep. You damn straight I support them. As does the bulk of the party you seem to hate. You don't like it, get out.

Why don't the centrists form their own coalition in the Republican party?

By the way, I don't think it is wise for the very conservative Republicans(Tea party?) to be excessively pushy towards the regular conservatives and moderates. It is possible to push yourselves into a third party whether you like it or not.

Politically, Moderates are necessarily for victory.

We don't need to form a coalition. We are the party. We are the leadership. We are the membership. The only mistake we have been making is trying to appease these children on the extreme right. Screw them.

A group within the party who challenges the status quo is already in effect a third party.
A third party would put a third candidate in many elections and sway the advantage to the left.

Ross Perot a prime example. It must be done from within................Unless we ditch the 2 party system all together.

Then ditch the 2 party system. That is not written in stone, it just happened. If you all believe that you constitute a majority in the country then the result will be a win. Ross Perot clearly did not represent a majority. If you compare yourselves to him, then you must think you also do not represent a majority and aren't capable of standing on your own.

The real problem I guess is in these terms you keep tossing out. You all call yourselves "true conservatives" and the rest of us "RINOs". However, given that it was our party in the first place and you are late comers, it is actually the opposite. We are the true conservatives and you all are the RINOs. If you think we are going to just roll over and let you have our party, you are out of your minds. You are a minority in our party and you will always be a minority in our party. A loud minority, I'll grant, but a minority nonetheless. If you ever want to be more than that, then get off your backsides and start your own party. In other words, grow up, get a job and move out of our basement.
Ross Perot was an example of how a third party candidate lost the election to Clinton. I never compared myself to him. YOU DID THAT.

To the Status Quo................If you support McLame, Bone Head, and Graham Nuts.............................then you aren't a Conservative...............and all this talk.........HOW YOU MADE THE GOP...............who they hell are you and do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Conservative Movements helped the GOP time and time again........but you would say the Conservatives are the problem.................How about 18 TRILLION reasons why we shouldn't listen to you..........................If that is Conservatism then I have some Ocean Front Property for you in Arizona................that is if we get the illegals off the land there first...................................

Your GRAND OLE PARTY didn't even have the BALLS to stand up to Obama on funding AMNESTY.................It's illegal yet the GOP gave the Green Light..............

When the status quo GOP grows a freaking spine let me know..................

3rd Party would be a direct challenge to the GOP STATUS QUO................and would be a godsend to the Dems......

Who appointed you the God of the party. Ross Perot was an example of what happens when you get a third ticket. If you support the freaking RINO's then you are the problem and not the solution. If you support McLame and Bone Head you might as well call youselves Democraps instead of Republican.

How about this. Grow a fucking spine as the people of this country are tired of Jellyfish. Use the power of the purse to force change...................and Grow a set of Gonads your damned self. We are 18 Trillion in the hole and still those of the GOP haven't made a real stand. Which is why others want to hunt your asses down. We don't need another party to do so. Just take the trash out one at a time via elections....................

Have a nice day RINO supporter...........

Yep. You damn straight I support them. As does the bulk of the party you seem to hate. You don't like it, get out.
Again.............who appointed you god.........................

When I tell you guys that we broke from the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada formed our own albeit different factions and came back and formed the Conservative Party of Canada now DO you guys think I'm lying?

I'm telling you it can be done. What can I tell you to make you believe that you can become a ruling party and govern with solid conservative principles and not cave to anyone?

Absolutely not.

What needs to happen is that the RINO element either retire or come out of the closet and enroll in The Democrat Party.

With all due respect Henry not until they die. These bastards are in till the last breath.

Look I faced this up here with a man called Joe Clark. Leader of the PC's. Long story but this man had to go. Just like Boehner and McConnell.

By the way, I don't think it is wise for the very conservative Republicans(Tea party?) to be excessively pushy towards the regular conservatives and moderates. It is possible to push yourselves into a third party whether you like it or not.

We don't need to form a coalition. We are the party. We are the leadership. We are the membership. The only mistake we have been making is trying to appease these children on the extreme right. Screw them.

Why don't you explain to all of us how the fuck you got elected mother trucker if not for conservatives beating the shit out of the liberal vote?

By all means show me the numbers or shut the fuck up. I know the numbers.

Moderates stayed home like liberals did. Consequently we swept to mega power.

Appease the children on the extreme right? I can show you by stats the only reason you have won is by the conservative vote in 2010 2012 NS 2014.

Why don't you explain to all of us how the fuck you got elected mother trucker if not for conservatives beating the shit out of the liberal vote?

By all means show me the numbers or shut the fuck up. I know the numbers.

Moderates stayed home like liberals did. Consequently we swept to mega power.

It is true there are more conservatives than liberals, so that is why conservatives look for and promote highly divisive issues. All to keep the moderates home and not voting!!

HAHA--Well, that is a simple formula for conservative victory.

New Topics

Forum List

Back