POLL: Conservatives & Progressives: What is your goal here?

What is the point of personally attacking the other "side"?

• No real reason, it's just fun, I'm not serious, they're okay

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • They are evil and I want them to hurt in any way possible

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • One day my side will win, so I'm fucking with them now

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I have severe self esteem issues and this provides temporary comfort

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I think I'm supposed to because other members of my tribe do it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mango, big time, seriously, holy shit.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
So a winger from one end shoots a Congressman from the other end, and we on USMB take that serious and thought-provoking occasion to keep right on attacking, mocking & insulting each other. Pretty much immediately.

Tell me, what is the goal of non-stop attacks on the other side?

Their goal is to silence our side. We see this in the streets, at college campuses and classrooms, here on USMB by saying anybody that disagrees with liberalism is racist, sexist homophobe.......

The left has very little in the way of common sense. Pragmatism is a theme of the right. To allow conservatives to speak freely or enact legislation to steer our country in the proper direction is a huge threat to the left and they know it. Letting us run the show for a while would prove successful and people may leave the left and join the right which has been happening the last decade.

The only way to keep their constituents is to build a wall. They use any and all tools to do this. They use the media, they use Hollywood, they use the unions, they use indoctrination of our children, they use the internet.......
I certainly agree about the Left and its attempts to shut down opposing speech. As I say all the time, these people are not liberals. But the right is just as rigid when it comes to cooperation, to bending on ANYTHING. Cooperation to the Right is abject capitulation.

So what we are left with is two immovable objects and zero communication. Once communication is 100% gone, it's fucking OVER. And we're not far from that right now.

SOMEBODY has re-open lines of communication. Do you agree with that, and if so, who will that be?

No, I don't agree with that at all. Neither side wants to listen to what the other side has to say. Speaking as a righty who listens to talk radio all day, our side has been complaining (for years) that we are not aggressive enough; that we give in to the left too often.

Trump wanted to build a wall--we wanted him to build a wall. We elected him for that reason. So WTF is the wall? Trump gave into the lefts demand of no wall. We wanted an end to sanctuary cities, we wanted them defunded. Are sanctuary cities defunded today? No, the left has sent their commie judges to stop our political process, and I don't see much in the way of resistance from the right. We wanted an end to planned parenthood funding, we voted to eliminate any and all unnecessary spending--especially spending on leftist agendas. Are we still funding planned parenthood or not?

It's the right that gives in all the time or becomes subdued by crooked politics of the left. We even gave into the lefts demand that we have our very own President investigated without an ounce of evidence that he did anything wrong. Do you think DumBama would have done that to himself after we sold Russia our uranium or after Benghazi?

So you can't say there are two immovable objects--we only have one, and that is the left.

I have learned over the course of two decades of forum participation, that an open and honest debate with progressives is a pipe dream. They are, hands down, the single most close-minded people on the planet. So, you ask after My goals for participation on sites like this and that is simple.

There may actually be people who first show up on forums like this one, actually looking to express their ideas and have a meaningful conversation. Of course, after a week of seeing what really happens, many of them just leave to continue their search for what it is they were looking for. My purpose, is to provide a counter-point to anything the progressives on this or any site have to say. People need to view, read, and think about all aspects of an issue. A person who considers other points of view without feeling threatened by them is a well rounded individual and it is My goal to put My views out their for them to consider.

I have long given up on the idiots on the left and in truth, though I do try to fight the urge, they really don't deserve much more than ridicule and mocking.

I didn't vote as none of the options fit My goals, though I think mango ir probably closest.
Yeah, I'm all about the mango.

Anyway, I appreciate your response. Tell me this: Do you feel that when the left wing and the right wing are butting heads with their views of things, that between the two the whole picture is being presented? I think that a more accurate picture would include a larger piece, a middle that has both elements of each wing and its own elements as well.
On this forum or forums in general?

On this forum, I would definitively and emphatically say no. I think it was the first reply to this thread that expressed what really goes on here, and typifies what happens. They attend to the flame zone as if it is the be all, end all of this forum. They take the attitudes and meanness to the other topics. So, whenever someone posts a thread, regardless of topics, the replies start right in with the insults. They bypass any attempt at thinking about what is being asked and just go for the throat. The attitudes is pretty much as that poster said. The rest of the forum is nothing and they're just here to laugh and insult their 'target de jour'. for that week or day.
No, what really concerns me is that, at least in my opinion, this forum (and any similar forum) is becoming less and less an anomaly and more and more a microcosm. This kind of behavior is saturating our culture now, everywhere. It infests popular culture, sports, entertainment, everything. I'm seeing/hearing fewer and fewer voices of moderation, and that does worry me.
It sure can seem that way, but I don't really think that our society (USA) as a whole actually live and talk to each other this way. On the few occasions I've heard it happen, usually someone gets a bloodied nose or lip for mouthing off and it wasn't that long ago I thought I was going to do some jail time for punching out a clown who thought he could insult people with impunity. However, 99% of the time, people express their views and then carry on with their day. I do not think that this or any forum is indicative of normal life.

But with the news cycles like they are, I can see where it can look that way.

So you can't say there are two immovable objects--we only have one, and that is the left.
I'm not what you mean here. Do you feel the Right is STILL "giving in to the Left", and that refusing to cooperate is the only answer?

Again, that's why I included the response "one day my side will win" in the poll - is that the goal, and what would that look like?

I have learned over the course of two decades of forum participation, that an open and honest debate with progressives is a pipe dream. They are, hands down, the single most close-minded people on the planet. So, you ask after My goals for participation on sites like this and that is simple.

There may actually be people who first show up on forums like this one, actually looking to express their ideas and have a meaningful conversation. Of course, after a week of seeing what really happens, many of them just leave to continue their search for what it is they were looking for. My purpose, is to provide a counter-point to anything the progressives on this or any site have to say. People need to view, read, and think about all aspects of an issue. A person who considers other points of view without feeling threatened by them is a well rounded individual and it is My goal to put My views out their for them to consider.

I have long given up on the idiots on the left and in truth, though I do try to fight the urge, they really don't deserve much more than ridicule and mocking.

I didn't vote as none of the options fit My goals, though I think mango ir probably closest.

Anyway, I appreciate your response. Tell me this: Do you feel that when the left wing and the right wing are butting heads with their views of things, that between the two the whole picture is being presented? I think that a more accurate picture would include a larger piece, a middle that has both elements of each wing and its own elements as well.

On this forum, I would definitively and emphatically say no. I think it was the first reply to this thread that expressed what really goes on here, and typifies what happens. They attend to the flame zone as if it is the be all, end all of this forum. They take the attitudes and meanness to the other topics. So, whenever someone posts a thread, regardless of topics, the replies start right in with the insults. They bypass any attempt at thinking about what is being asked and just go for the throat. The attitudes is pretty much as that poster said. The rest of the forum is nothing and they're just here to laugh and insult their 'target de jour'. for that week or day.
No, what really concerns me is that, at least in my opinion, this forum (and any similar forum) is becoming less and less an anomaly and more and more a microcosm. This kind of behavior is saturating our culture now, everywhere. It infests popular culture, sports, entertainment, everything. I'm seeing/hearing fewer and fewer voices of moderation, and that does worry me.
It sure can seem that way, but I don't really think that our society (USA) as a whole actually live and talk to each other this way. On the few occasions I've heard it happen, usually someone gets a bloodied nose or lip for mouthing off and it wasn't that long ago I thought I was going to do some jail time for punching out a clown who thought he could insult people with impunity. However, 99% of the time, people express their views and then carry on with their day. I do not think that this or any forum is indicative of normal life.

You would disagree, then, that it's increasingly seeping into our culture?

I'm not what you mean here. Do you feel the Right is STILL "giving in to the Left", and that refusing to cooperate is the only answer?

Again, that's why I included the response "one day my side will win" in the poll - is that the goal, and what would that look like?

That's exactly what I'm saying. We always give in to the lefts demands or otherwise don't fight when they stop us from implementing our agendas. Why do you think Republicans voted for Trump? He came off as a real fighter. He didn't give a shit about anybody or anything. We believed he would go back out into the ring after being knocked out three times. We Republicans are sick of our representatives giving into the left.

That's exactly what I'm saying. We always give in to the lefts demands or otherwise don't fight when they stop us from implementing our agendas. Why do you think Republicans voted for Trump? He came off as a real fighter. He didn't give a shit about anybody or anything. We believed he would go back out into the ring after being knocked out three times. We Republicans are sick of our representatives giving into the left.
Interesting. I appreciate your playing "20 Questions" with me.

:laugh:

Well, I think I would qualify that. It isn't so much as 'seeping' into our culture as being taught wholesale by our institutions of higher learning. Right now, it seems to be limited to the pampered class who feel some kind of guilt for their parents success. It is conceivable that these kids will further the decay of civil discourse, but I think I won't live to see it completely degrade to that. There are still enough mature citizens who simply won't put up with it and will fight back hard enough to either stop it, or end it. By end it, I mean on an individual basis.

Though there is quickly becoming a case for a real shooting civil war.

Well Mac, seeing as how you called a pretty decent conservative politician a "winger, " and lumped him in as though he's the same kind of SHIT that the shooter was is... well... stupid.

So you list yourself in your list of hey look at me everybody as white, and damn proud of it, but expect to be taken seriously, or given any respect all for the rest of the list?

That about sum up your position, as you are calling out the OP?
You got a problem with white people being proud of who they are? Well aren't you just the typical garden variety dumbass progtard racist. GFY, you pathetic leftist turd...

racist_zpsejcstwbq.jpg

Well, I think I would qualify that. It isn't so much as 'seeping' into our culture as being taught wholesale by our institutions of higher learning. Right now, it seems to be limited to the pampered class who feel some kind of guilt for their parents success. It is conceivable that these kids will further the decay of civil discourse, but I think I won't live to see it completely degrade to that. There are still enough mature citizens who simply won't put up with it and will fight back hard enough to either stop it, or end it. By end it, I mean on an individual basis.

Though there is quickly become a case for a real shooting civil war.
Y'know, what got me thinking about this wasn't even a national news item, it was my favorite clients, an incredibly sweet little couple in their late 70's.

We were sitting in my office one day a few months ago, talking about some news item, and out of nowhere Mary fucking WENT OFF about the topic. I mean, it was like having Mark freakin' Levin sitting in front of me. Her husband was agreeing with everything, nodding his head, getting more and more worked up. I had never seen that from them before.

Anyway, that's when it started hitting me that this stuff is really reaching street level to a point I haven't seen before.

Interesting. I appreciate your playing "20 Questions" with me.

:laugh:

That's what I'm here for. :banana::banana::banana:

Well Mac, seeing as how you called a pretty decent conservative politician a "winger, " and lumped him in as though he's the same kind of SHIT that the shooter was is... well... stupid.

So you list yourself in your list of hey look at me everybody as white, and damn proud of it, but expect to be taken seriously, or given any respect all for the rest of the list?

You got a problem with white people being proud of who they are? Well aren't you just the typical garden variety dumbass progtard racist. GFY, you pathetic leftist turd...

racist_zpsejcstwbq.jpg

Then you'll lose that bet. But then, you're an admitted loser.

I am white. I'm also a veteran, as was my father and grandfathers.

My son was wounded in Iraq in '06 in the West Anbhar Province.

We all served with many brave and dedicated people of all races and backgrounds.

You are a disgrace to the uniform.

And who is it that are the trend setters in sports? How about ESPN and this guy, can't get anymore left and anti American than this jackass...

ESPN Host Accuses NFL Of Being Political… The Reason Why Is Insane

And who is it that runs the entertainment industry? Again, the left, who also is responsible for pop culture, and it is ever increasingly, non stop, always pushing the boundaries of liberalism, immorality, hate whitey, anything illegal or perverted is good, and anti Americanism. Then top that off with a massive democrat propaganda trash machine pumping out their lies and bile around the clock on numerous channels and types of media, and the cherry on the cake is always a ripe bloody head of our president being held up ISIS style by some leftist whore, or our president being stabbed in efigy nightly in a bloody knife fest by leftists, and if after all that you still can't understand why NORMAL, patriotic, fly over country Americans that love their country have had a belly full of this trash, then you, Mac, seriously need a wake up call.

Last edited:
In between the name calling and partisan posts...............information is given out..............some real and some BS...........So this site even though it's a cage match fight.............does get information out that isn't being put on the lamestream news...............

And I do it to pass the time.........at times............and piss off the far left.............

racist_zpsejcstwbq.jpg

Then you'll lose that bet. But then, you're an admitted loser.

I am white. I'm also a veteran, as was my father and grandfathers.

My son was wounded in Iraq in '06 in the West Anbhar Province.

We all served with many brave and dedicated people of all races and backgrounds.

You are a disgrace to the uniform.
............... :lol:

If it wasn't for hyperbole and insipid verbal garbage, you wouldn't have a thing to say.

You're a pathetic brain dead prog, and I suspect massive liar.

Idiot.

And who is it that are the trend setters in sports? How about ESPN and this guy, can't get anymore left and anti American than this jackass...

And who is it that runs the entertainment industry? Again, the left, who also is responsible for pop culture, and it is ever increasingly, non stop, always pushing the boundaries of liberalism, immorality, hate whitey, anything illegal or perverted is good, and anti Americanism. Then top that off with a massive democrat propaganda trash machine pumping out their lies and bile around the clock on numerous channels and types of media, and the cherry on the cake is always a ripe bloody head of our president being held up ISIS style by some leftist whore, or our president being stabbed in efigy nightly in a bloody knife fest by leftist, and if after all that you still can't understand why NORMAL, patriotic, fly over country Americans that love their country have had a belly full of this trash, then you, Mac, seriously need a wake up call.
I actually don't disagree with that for the most part. I'm the guy who started the thread "The Left has completely lost its shit". But the Right has its own faults, and if it thinks it can somehow "beat" the Left, it needs a wakeup call too. Neither the Right nor the Left represent this country. There are more people who don't belong to either tribe.

And who is it that runs the entertainment industry? Again, the left, who also is responsible for pop culture, and it is ever increasingly, non stop, always pushing the boundaries of liberalism, immorality, hate whitey, anything illegal or perverted is good, and anti Americanism. Then top that off with a massive democrat propaganda trash machine pumping out their lies and bile around the clock on numerous channels and types of media, and the cherry on the cake is always a ripe bloody head of our president being held up ISIS style by some leftist whore, or our president being stabbed in efigy nightly in a bloody knife fest by leftist, and if after all that you still can't understand why NORMAL, patriotic, fly over country Americans that love their country have had a belly full of this trash, then you, Mac, seriously need a wake up call.
I actually don't disagree with that for the most part. I'm the guy who started the thread "The Left has completely lost its shit". But the Right has its own faults, and if it thinks it can somehow "beat" the Left, it needs a wakeup call too. Neither the Right nor the Left represent this country. There are more people who don't belong to either tribe.
I disagree again. I think the right does represent what is best about America... patriotism, love of country, tell the truth, obey the law, have some morals, be of good character, work hard and earn what you have, etc... all tenets of the conservative ideology.

The left is just the opposite of all that, and it's un-American. The left identifies more now with illegal aliens and fanatical muslims from half way around world than they do legal American citizens.

Y'know, what got me thinking about this wasn't even a national news item, it was my favorite clients, an incredibly sweet little couple in their late 70's.

We were sitting in my office one day a few months ago, talking about some news item, and out of nowhere Mary fucking WENT OFF about the topic. I mean, it was like having Mark freakin' Levin sitting in front of me. Her husband was agreeing with everything, nodding his head, getting more and more worked up. I had never seen that from them before.

Anyway, that's when it started hitting me that this stuff is really reaching street level to a point I haven't seen before.
Well, hopefully, that is the exception rather than the rule. Incidents like that come from being told your opinion doesn't matter (not addressing you but society in general) and that you are just some kind of 'lemming' for even having the audacity to listen to those who don't follow the mainstream thought. An example would be the way people treat those who listen to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, or Mark Levin. Particularly Limbaugh. The progressives need to marginalize those people, so they make them out to be nothing more than right-wing automatons going

Would you say this was the exception rather than the rule?

I disagree again. I think the right does represent what is best about America... patriotism, love of country, tell the truth, obey the law, have some morals, be of good character... all tenets of the conservative ideology.

The left is just the opposite of all that, and it's un-American. The left identifies more now with illegal aliens and fanatical muslims from half way around world than they do legal American citizens.
By "represent", I mean our current opinions.

My assumption is that, you feel if you can win enough elections and implement enough of your policies, the resulting success would change hearts & minds on the issues in your favor - is that fair?

Forum List

Back