Poll: Bush still blamed for economy

What Conservative Congress? We had Tom Fucking Delay, we didn't have any Conservatives. We got Prescription drugs plan and that fat fucking murderer Kennedy writing the "Legions of undereducated people to vote Democrat" education Bill

The GOP controlled Congress under Bush for 6 of his 8 years in office. You DO know this, right?

So you don't know what a Conservative is, OK, that makes sense.

Seems most in the GOP don't either. Which makes even more sense...

As a conservative, I believe that everyone has the right to live their lives anyway they wish. A conservative congress will cater to only conservatives. We certainly see who a liberal congress serves.

One thiong I can say for sure. A one sided congress creates hate and divide amongst the people.

Is that what America is supposed to be about? I mean, jeez. Look at some of the threads on here. We have conservatives making fun of President Obama becuase he was ridiculed by a dictator (I cant spell that Achmadinejads name).

We, as Americans, should have be united BEHIND our President when a foreign leader ridiculed him.
Instead, we fought with each other.

Real good, America. Real good.

While I agree that a one party Congress is not necessarily good for all of America, just to play devil's advocate, look what a divided Congress gets us. Gridlock and a government that gets little to nothing accomplished for the people that sent them to Washington on their behalf.

Sometimes, no action is the best action.
I may have an open mind. I amy not be a hypocrite. But I am a conservative and I bleieve the less action of congress, the better off we are as a country.
But I respect your side of that argument. And no, I do not have the answers. But I am now and always was, proud to be an American. No one will ever take that away from me.

My apologies, if you felt I was questioing your patriotism in any way, shape or form. That was never my intent.

While I agree that a one party Congress is not necessarily good for all of America, just to play devil's advocate, look what a divided Congress gets us. Gridlock and a government that gets little to nothing accomplished for the people that sent them to Washington on their behalf.

I may have an open mind. I amy not be a hypocrite. But I am a conservative and I bleieve the less action of congress, the better off we are as a country.
But I respect your side of that argument. And no, I do not have the answers. But I am now and always was, proud to be an American. No one will ever take that away from me.

My apologies, if you felt I was questioing your patriotism in any way, shape or form. That was never my intent.

I never thought you did.
I went on a rant and went off topic.
I thought that was the rules of this forum. Seems most go on a rant and off topic.
Is it not one of the rules? :lol:

I never thought you did.
I thought that was the rules of this forum. Seems most go on a rant and off topic.

Are you playing drama/drag queen again?

What happened to that conservative Congress under Bush?

What Conservative Congress? We had Tom Fucking Delay, we didn't have any Conservatives. We got Prescription drugs plan and that fat fucking murderer Kennedy writing the "Legions of undereducated people to vote Democrat" education Bill

The GOP controlled Congress under Bush for 6 of his 8 years in office. You DO know this, right?

And unemployment was very low during this time. It was once the congress became democrat that unemployment started going high.

Thanks democrats :clap2:

Dont really care who to blame for it. I just dont like the fact that rather than promoting policies to fix it, the current administration is making things worse.

Unlike alot of people, blame games just really dont have a point to me.

Making things worse? Maybe you ought to point out how you came to this conclusion and provide evidence (facts and figures) both in real time and with historical perspective.
Likely not, to do so might require more than spewing out talking points, something you are capable of doing ad nausea.

I never thought you did.

As I said yesterday. What I do in front of my mirror is my buisiness and no one elses.

And I do look quite pretty today if I must say so myself.

My wife is gonna kill me. It is quite obvious that a size "petite" panty does not translate to a mens large boxer.

How much of the tiny recession early in Bush term was caused by his buddies at ENRON?
I think that and the fact that tech was done dealing with Y2K were the reasons for that recession.
And for some time the right even denied it was a recession.
Same as they did during the beginning of this one.

Who is to blame for economic crisis?

Barney Frank

Barney Frank and Chuck Schumer?s Role the Fannie Mae Failure - Freddie Mac - Zimbio

"In fact, Frank & Co. made matters worse by pushing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to take on greater risk. They wanted more loans to people who might not qualify for traditional bank financing. And, as The Wall Street Journal has pointed out, Frank “pressured regulators to ease up on their capital requirements — which now means taxpayers will have to make up that capital shortfall.”

Poll: George W. Bush still blamed for economy - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Former President George W. Bush gets more blame for the country’s economic troubles than his successor or the Democrats who control Congress, according to a Harris poll out Wednesday.

Thirty-one percent of the 2,344 adults surveyed said Bush deserves the most blame for a rough economy, leading the second-place Wall Street by 6 percentage points.

Democrats in Congress were blamed by 16 percent of those polled, while President Barack Obama was blamed by 14 percent. Republicans in Congress were blamed by 9 percent of respondents, and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke was blamed by 4 percent.

A majority of Democrats — 53 percent — blamed Bush for the economy. Republicans, meanwhile, blamed Democrats in Congress more than Obama.

“The memory of President George W. Bush and the state of the economy he left as part of his legacy still sticks in the craw of Americans,” wrote pollster Louis Harris in his analysis.

Republicans were also split when asked to identify the most powerful figure in the GOP.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney rated highest with 14 percent, but he was swamped by the 44 percent of respondents who were either “not sure” or would have picked someone other than the eight Republicans listed.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin finished second among Republicans with 13 percent. She was trailed by Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former Vice President Dick Cheney, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, House Minority Leader John Boehner and House Minority Whip Eric Cantor.

Read more: Poll: George W. Bush still blamed for economy - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Yeah, let's see - Bush was in power for 8 years. President Obama has been in there for a little over 1 year and 3 months.

How could anyone think that Bush's messup would still be hanging around now?

Clinton was Pres for 8 years and 9-11 happened with Bush in office 9 months and you blamed Bush.

Partisan hack idiot.

Who is to blame for economic crisis?

Barney Frank

Barney Frank and Chuck Schumer?s Role the Fannie Mae Failure - Freddie Mac - Zimbio

"In fact, Frank & Co. made matters worse by pushing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to take on greater risk. They wanted more loans to people who might not qualify for traditional bank financing. And, as The Wall Street Journal has pointed out, Frank “pressured regulators to ease up on their capital requirements — which now means taxpayers will have to make up that capital shortfall.”

And we, the American People did not voice our opposition to it loud enough. We werew complacent as we reaped the immediate rewards of such congressional actions.

So I blame the American People.

Like it or not, we are responsible for what our lawmakers do.

If and when healthcare fails to meet the standards projected at the costs projected, I will blame the American people. Many spoke out, but not enough did. And not loud enough. And most certainly, many that did speak out, used the wrong approach.

I will always blame the people for our failures, and credit the people with our successes.

All of us should.

And unemployment was very low during this time. It was once the congress became democrat that unemployment started going high.

Thanks democrats :clap2:

And specifically what did this Democratic controlled Congress to do spike unemployment?

Americans will never put the blame the real cause of this recession on the parties that are actually responsible.

Ourselves.

While you can blame Bush you have to remember the CONGRESS controls the purse strings.

Durinig Bush's days in office both parties were spending like drunken sailors. Don't beleive Bush vetoed anything during his tenure.

Obama inherited a mess and has added to it big time.

They both suck in my estimation but the Congress sucks even more as they control the purse strings.

While you can blame Bush you have to remember the CONGRESS controls the purse strings.

Durinig Bush's days in office both parties were spending like drunken sailors. Don't beleive Bush vetoed anything during his tenure.

Obama inherited a mess and has added to it big time.

They both suck in my estimation but the Congress sucks even more as they control the purse strings.

And we pretty much kept re-electing the same assholes to congress....

I never thought you did.

As I said yesterday. What I do in front of my mirror is my buisiness and no one elses.

And I do look quite pretty today if I must say so myself.

My wife is gonna kill me. It is quite obvious that a size "petite" panty does not translate to a mens large boxer.

Now THAT is a mental image I simply did not need. Things that make you go "Bleueah"!:eek:

Poll: George W. Bush still blamed for economy - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Former President George W. Bush gets more blame for the country’s economic troubles than his successor or the Democrats who control Congress, according to a Harris poll out Wednesday.

Thirty-one percent of the 2,344 adults surveyed said Bush deserves the most blame for a rough economy, leading the second-place Wall Street by 6 percentage points.

Democrats in Congress were blamed by 16 percent of those polled, while President Barack Obama was blamed by 14 percent. Republicans in Congress were blamed by 9 percent of respondents, and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke was blamed by 4 percent.

A majority of Democrats — 53 percent — blamed Bush for the economy. Republicans, meanwhile, blamed Democrats in Congress more than Obama.

“The memory of President George W. Bush and the state of the economy he left as part of his legacy still sticks in the craw of Americans,” wrote pollster Louis Harris in his analysis.

Republicans were also split when asked to identify the most powerful figure in the GOP.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney rated highest with 14 percent, but he was swamped by the 44 percent of respondents who were either “not sure” or would have picked someone other than the eight Republicans listed.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin finished second among Republicans with 13 percent. She was trailed by Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former Vice President Dick Cheney, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, House Minority Leader John Boehner and House Minority Whip Eric Cantor.

Read more: Poll: George W. Bush still blamed for economy - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Yeah, let's see - Bush was in power for 8 years. President Obama has been in there for a little over 1 year and 3 months.

How could anyone think that Bush's messup would still be hanging around now?

Because it's Obama who brought the unemployment up to double digits.

Also, over a year is some time now. It's about time he take responsibility for his own fuck ups.
For 2 months and St Ronnie gave us 10 consecutive months of double digit unemployment peaking at 10.8% in Nov and Dec of 1982, 2 full years into his first term. So Obama is doing much better than Reagan so far.

Forum List

Back