CDZ POLL: Are you proud of your party right now?

Are you proud of your party right now?

• Total voters
I think it's pretty funny that, on a board as partisan as USMB, that no one has voted Yes yet.
Well, have you ever seen any of the extreme partisans with enough honesty to admit their partisanship?
That's the scam, and you even got rabid centrist now to, which are just as bad, maybe alittle worse.
Examples?

Well, for democrats I would point to that guy Chris Koons. Think I spelled his name wrong, but the balled red head dude. He doesn't get much press anymore. For the republicans there are many. John McTumor was one, Lindaey Gram another, Will Hurd is, and it will cost him, and the Jef Flake wannabe, Mitt Romney. Of all those Chris Koons is I believe the only genuine person in the group. By genuine I mean, gos to work to work, while they other only do it for vanitys sake.
How about Joe Manchin, John Kasich, Tim Ryan, Bill Weld, John Hickenlooper? They piss people off now and then, which I enjoy.

I think it's pretty funny that, on a board as partisan as USMB, that no one has voted Yes yet.
Well, have you ever seen any of the extreme partisans with enough honesty to admit their partisanship?
That's the scam, and you even got rabid centrist now to, which are just as bad, maybe alittle worse.
Examples?

Well, for democrats I would point to that guy Chris Koons. Think I spelled his name wrong, but the balled red head dude. He doesn't get much press anymore. For the republicans there are many. John McTumor was one, Lindaey Gram another, Will Hurd is, and it will cost him, and the Jef Flake wannabe, Mitt Romney. Of all those Chris Koons is I believe the only genuine person in the group. By genuine I mean, gos to work to work, while they other only do it for vanitys sake.
How about Joe Manchin, John Kasich, Tim Ryan, Bill Weld, John Hickenlooper? They piss people off now and then, which I enjoy.

All hacks and fakes. Especially Hickenlooper. The rest are nobody's. Nothing but opportunist.

I'm not proud of people who sit their behinds on Swiss mountains and act superior to the rest of us. Where's that selection in your poll, Mac?
I guess that's a "yes". Please vote, I'd like to see how this goes. Trolling really isn't helpful in the CDZ. Thanks.

My vote would be, and I'm dead serious:

I wish DC would break away from the mainland, float out to sea, and take all the politicians and lobbyists with them. Because I'm a Christian and not totally heartless, we could airlift supplies out to their little Politician Island, where they could continue to do their thing not knowing that their thing would have no effect on the rest of us.

That's my vote.

More fantasy. Another worthless opinion from a reality-detached deplorable who's entire contribution to the country is stupid memes to 'own da libz'. Thanks for your contribution, now drop dead.

Simple, clear, direct question: Are you proud of your party right now?

I was going to list some of things being said and done by both parties right now, but I really don't think I need to.

In all seriousness, are you proud of your party's general behaviors right now?

Independents/Moderates, please vote and comment too.

I vote No, I don't see or understand what this stuff is supposed to accomplish for the long run.

I don't have a party. America can have it's failing 'democratic experiment'. Both parties need a good, old fashioned scorched earth style purge. I feel there's waaaaaaay too many people currently in the country with over inflated senses of entitlement. These sorts need a spiritual, intellectual and physical lesson in humility.

I was going to list some of things being said and done by both parties right now, but I really don't think I need to.

I vote No, I don't see or understand what this stuff is supposed to accomplish for the long run.

I don't have a party. America can have it's failing 'democratic experiment'. Both parties need a good, old fashioned scorched earth style purge. I feel there's waaaaaaay too many people currently in the country with over inflated senses of entitlement. These sorts need a spiritual, intellectual and physical lesson in humility.
I can't argue, but I'm not sure how that is really carried out.

I'm beginning to warm to the possibility/hope that this could actually happen from within the system. I have to believe that, if given the right opening, there are politicians who are willing to say "Enough is enough. We can't do this any more". There have been little cracks from both parties, and maybe we can reach a point at which momentum can take over.

Or maybe I'm just engaging in psychosis-level wishful thinking. :laugh2:

I can't argue, but I'm not sure how that is really carried out.

I'm beginning to warm to the possibility/hope that this could actually happen from within the system. I have to believe that, if given the right opening, there are politicians who are willing to say "Enough is enough. We can't do this any more". There have been little cracks from both parties, and maybe we can reach a point at which momentum can take over.

Or maybe I'm just engaging in psychosis-level wishful thinking. :laugh2:

I appreciate the optimism, Mac. I really do. But the Orange Virus, Pelousi and McConnell have all become power hungry partisan demagogues at this point. Their endgame has become more about distraction, division and total annihilation of 'the other tribe' then fixing our country. All this tells me is that the 1% are still, more than ever, running the show. One side is doubling down on equating skin color with immigration and saying they're definitely not racists, the other wants to spend more of the money we don't have to reform failed ideas. It's insanity in action, and yet the arrogance, piss-poor competence and aptitude of our politicritters is just enough to keep them employed and living in the elite tax brackets most Americans will never see. These people will fight to the death to retain their power, so we Americans consider ourselves lucky if the people we elect to represent us get anything accomplished in a term besides endless campaigning. It's business as usual and has gone on too long this way.

The party of morality and states rights continues to nominate and elect the most immoral candidates possible and embraces sweeping environmental, healthcare and immigration policies that are to be imposed on all states.

The party of limited government and individual rights constantly introduces policy that creates endless bureaucracy and some are even actively attempting to shut down free speech when it suits them.

Any suggestion of cuts to spending to either party is met with crickets. Those promises are rarely, if ever, kept. Apparently, a balanced budget isn't in the cards for the Ds and the Rs either.

There is one giant glaring unexpected synchronization that now exists between extremists from both parties: The leftist extremists, along with the brainwashed unwashed deplorables of Cult45 think stereotyping, using meaningless slogans and generally being loud, obnoxious pricks will fix all the problems of our great nation. Unfortunately, society and media gives these children way more air time than their combined messages are worth. So, until our priorities in this country once again become sane and realistic, I'm out.

I don't have a party because no party represents me or America in fact.

Hard for us who are watching this meltdown and DONT HAVE a party in power to comment on this.. It's like watching a school yard fight..

I think the underlying anxieties about what is still to come are driving this meltdown... The Russia Russia Russia thing is FAR from over. And I think subconsciously, the parties are already re-inventing themselves because the old mainstream leadership is mortally compromised....

Hope I don't get a draft notice to join into this mess.. I'd have to claim "intellectual objector" status... :abgg2q.jpg:

The problem is, you keep pretending partisanship is something new. It really isn't. I'm old enough to remember when Ronnie Reagan was going to BLOW UP THE WORLD!!!! I remember when the hippies were throwing riots that make ANTIFA look like amatuers.

The only difference is that both parties knew enough not to elect a nut. Nominate one - Goldwater, McGovern - yes, but not elect one.

When you have an openly racist president throwing children into concentration camps, this really isn't the time for civility.

Yesterday, the House had a big argument about whether or not Trump's openly racist comments about four women of color was dignified enough to be condemned in the House.

Partisanship isn't new.. What's NEW is that wrong and dirty have been defined downward so far you need an excavator to find them.. In the early days (before my time) there was right and there was wrong. But because of having 2 convenient parties in opposition so long, there's no moral or criminal limit that either hasn't crossed and gotten away with..

80% of what passes for discussion here is just "your party did it first" or "your party did it worse".. Got a fancy new name "whataboutism" -- but it's PLAIN OLD HYPOCRISY on meth and hormones... They've been redeeming their sins by simply pointing in the other direction for DECADES now... There's NO CHANCE of embarrassment, punishment of the guilty or condemnation... They can all be as vile and corrupt as they want..

Because folks vote for "winners"... Not for leaders. And we're ALL losing big time.. I'll keep reminding folks how "we" -- meaning YOU got us here....Tired of watching the hypocrisy and stupidity.. My only hope is that others will also....

:laugh:

Because, no one really has "a party". They vote for lesser of evil. I voted for both breeds for state offices. Registered no party. Nobody owns me. Get off me! You are list bound on general principles. All your polls stink.

I refuse to answer the question.............my opinion is that I agree with specific policies and not always with the party.

So..............I didn't answer the pole.

The vote depends on the day.........

Say today the GOP did something stupid...........well on that day I'm not proud of them.
But another time.......I agree with what they did..........and go I'm proud.

This is all a psychology experiment thread anyways.

Partisanship isn't new.. What's NEW is that wrong and dirty have been defined downward so far you need an excavator to find them.. In the early days (before my time) there was right and there was wrong. But because of having 2 convenient parties in opposition so long, there's no moral or criminal limit that either hasn't crossed and gotten away with..

Have to disagree. Nixon did stuff that was as bad as Trump, and the stuff Clinton did and got away with was pretty bad. I often think Trump is the Dem's punishment for going to the mattresses for Clinton the way they did.

What has changed is that Trump hasn't treated his office with the dignity it deserves.

80% of what passes for discussion here is just "your party did it first" or "your party did it worse".. Got a fancy new name "whataboutism" -- but it's PLAIN OLD HYPOCRISY on meth and hormones... They've been redeeming their sins by simply pointing in the other direction for DECADES now... There's NO CHANCE of embarrassment, punishment of the guilty or condemnation... They can all be as vile and corrupt as they want..

That's true to a degree.

Because folks vote for "winners"... Not for leaders. And we're ALL losing big time.. I'll keep reminding folks how "we" -- meaning YOU got us here....Tired of watching the hypocrisy and stupidity.. My only hope is that others will also....

I'll say the same thing I say to Mac that he ignores. We don't elect "Moderates", we elect people with a vision. Hillary, Romney, McCain, Kerry, Gore all ran as "moderates", and they all lost. Nobody gets excited about moderates. The nature of elections is that you are voting for change.

The problem I see is that Trump's vision is openly racist, and we as a country are making excuses for him like we do for Uncle Charlie when he gets drunk at Thanksgiving and starts ranting about "Those people".

The problem is, you keep pretending partisanship is something new. It really isn't. I'm old enough to remember when Ronnie Reagan was going to BLOW UP THE WORLD!!!! I remember when the hippies were throwing riots that make ANTIFA look like amatuers.

The only difference is that both parties knew enough not to elect a nut. Nominate one - Goldwater, McGovern - yes, but not elect one.

When you have an openly racist president throwing children into concentration camps, this really isn't the time for civility.

Yesterday, the House had a big argument about whether or not Trump's openly racist comments about four women of color was dignified enough to be condemned in the House.

I've mentioned before that if there's one thing that concerns me more than anything else, it's something a I read a while back: It's entirely possible that it's been so long since we behaved and communicated like intelligent, highly-functioning adults that we may literally have lost the capacity to do so. Permanently.

The people who are participating in this scoff at those of us who are concerned about it, most likely because their commitment to it has changed their priorities. Their tribal instincts now outweigh their love of country. This is truly a war to them -- if we have to burn it all down, that's what we'll do, and re-build later.

We can enjoy a nervous, cynical laugh over the behaviors and actions we're seeing, as if to say "well, may as well giggle at the absurdity of it all", but what's happening here is profound in its implications.

U dog U.. You made the votes visible.. THat's why !!!
Yeah, I think I overestimate the willingness of many here to stand behind their words. I may have to stop doing that in the future.

The other change I'm going to make in future polls will be to include an option that says: "No comment - I just want to bitch & moan about the poll". That would have gotten SEVERAL votes here. :laugh:

I've mentioned before that if there's one thing that concerns me more than anything else, it's something a I read a while back: It's entirely possible that it's been so long since we behaved and communicated like intelligent, highly-functioning adults that we may literally have lost the capacity to do so. Permanently.

The people who are participating in this scoff at those of us who are concerned about it, most likely because their commitment to it has changed their priorities. Their tribal instincts now outweigh their love of country. This is truly a war to them -- if we have to burn it all down, that's what we'll do, and re-build later.

We can enjoy a nervous, cynical laugh over the behaviors and actions we're seeing, as if to say "well, may as well giggle at the absurdity of it all", but what's happening here is profound in its implications.

One more time, Mac, how do you "reason" with people who look at children in concentration camp and think that is a good thing?

I mean, I really want to know.

Oh, but there I am, being mean by actually COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT THEY SUPPORT.

the way you seem to think Foreign invading kids are worth while while in reality all they are is a ticket to changing the demographics of the USA plus being a ticket for their parents and familia at a later date . Plus there is no shortage to these kids from all around the world as they eat , play , feck around and get healed and cured and who probably never had it so good except for their time being detained in USA Custody . What are you , some silly 'old man bachelor' that has NO kids of your own you emotionally driven lefty JoeB ??

Forum List

Back