Poll: Angry with economy, youth vote to jump 50%

they watched their families lose their homes after Bush crashed the world economy.

why would they vote for the republicans?

so it's bush's fault they couldnt pay for their loans?

Yes.

Bush fvcked up this economy so bad with the tax cuts and deregulation that created that huge housing bubble and jobs getting outsourced.

This led to state governments getting less revenue.

This led universities to raise tuition and cut scholarships and put it on the students. Then you have for profit universities who are suppose to teach for a trade yet give student no practical experience to land a good job and only create huge student loan debt that keeps accruing interest and make payments late into retirement.

So now you have kids who were made to go into manfacturing jobs and other trade that have been shipped overseas. So now they almost all go to some post secondary education and get training for jobs that aren't going to get them paid well enough to support themselves or a family, now have huge debt and we have a consumption base economy that is horrible because we don't create anything.

We gave the rich lower taxes and they went on to destroy our economy in the process. They had their chance and these "smart people" really were quite stupid and don't deserve the praise they get from the right. Its time to make them start investing in America instead of India with no strings attached.

Bush merely continued the housing policies put in place by the Clinton administration although he warned the Congress a number of times, starting in 2003 that Freddie Mac and Fannie May were in trouble. Frank and Dodd assured him and the American people that they were OK. They weren't!

The people saddled with student loans in their retirement is due to the fact that they took out the loans for their college kids, not for themselves. You didn't know that did you? YUK!

The education problem is real, but it sure as hell wasn't caused by Bush. College staff and educators are 90% liberals, and unchecked spending on new sports stadiums, Professors salaries and other nice to have buildings and programs that are not essential to learning add to the high cost of tuition. The only thing some of the majors offered in some Universities are good for is teaching that subject at the University.

Last edited:

Yes.

Bush fvcked up this economy so bad with the tax cuts and deregulation that created that huge housing bubble and jobs getting outsourced.

This led universities to raise tuition and cut scholarships and put it on the students. Then you have for profit universities who are suppose to teach for a trade yet give student no practical experience to land a good job and only create huge student loan debt that keeps accruing interest and make payments late into retirement.

So now you have kids who were made to go into manfacturing jobs and other trade that have been shipped overseas. So now they almost all go to some post secondary education and get training for jobs that aren't going to get them paid well enough to support themselves or a family, now have huge debt and we have a consumption base economy that is horrible because we don't create anything.

We gave the rich lower taxes and they went on to destroy our economy in the process. They had their chance and these "smart people" really were quite stupid and don't deserve the praise they get from the right. Its time to make them start investing in America instead of India with no strings attached.

LOL

Stoner.

Stoner_Bob.jpg

Okay thanks for proving my point. You can't beat the argument.

I hope this is a good thing. Obviously they are mad at Obama for not doing anything to help the economy. I don't think they would go to Romney as I see him as an elitist,egotistical,flip flopper who doesn't understand what its like to be poor. I hope they turn to write in Dr Paul or Gary Johnson.Johnson is pro marijuana legalize,anti war,he has business experience,that is who I would think they would turn to...

Maybe you are correct, then again just perhaps they are bright enough to realize that Paul or Johnson have zero possibility of becoming President. A vote for either one of them is the same as a vote for Obama, and you already said they were mad at him.

1. 76% of the youth age, 18-29 plan to vote this year, up from 51% in 2008.

2. 51% declared their entertainment budget has been cut; 49% skipped a vacation 26% had to change living arrangement like taking in roommates or going back home.

3. 84% said the economy has made them change life altering life events like marriage or buying a home,

4. 76% said the failure of the economy to produce jobs is shrinking the middle class.

Poll: Angry with economy, youth vote to jump 50% | WashingtonExaminer.com

This is an important base that put Obama over the top in 2008. Does this mean he’s in trouble?

Obama just has to rap a bit to get the young's vote.
Try and imagine Romney rappin :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln5RD9BhcCo]Rapping Rove - YouTube[/ame]

I hope this is a good thing. Obviously they are mad at Obama for not doing anything to help the economy. I don't think they would go to Romney as I see him as an elitist,egotistical,flip flopper who doesn't understand what its like to be poor. I hope they turn to write in Dr Paul or Gary Johnson.Johnson is pro marijuana legalize,anti war,he has business experience,that is who I would think they would turn to...

Maybe you are correct, then again just perhaps they are bright enough to realize that Paul or Johnson have zero possibility of becoming President. A vote for either one of them is the same as a vote for Obama, and you already said they were mad at him.

The young have three choices, Obama, Romney, or stay home. As angry as they are and the promises they depended upon not coming through, I don't see them staying home. I also don't think they would buy the promises they once heard from Obama, but listen to what went wrong. The young are usually a restless bunch and want answers right away. I see them finding the answers from someone else. Someone with a history of success.

I don't hate women, but I don't think the taxpayer should be paying for free birth control. There's a balance between respecting life and making sure our woman get the best healthcare.

I don't hate gays, but value marriage as it has been for thousands of years.

I don't hate blacks, but I do expect them not to destroy our communities and to be held to the same standard as anyone else. Everyone loves to point out how bigoted whites are, but they don't point out just how bigoted many blacks are that really do go around beating whites up out of racial hatred.

I don't hate Meso, but I expect them to respect this country. What other country on earth allows another nations nationals to spit on it.

yes you do hate them.

its all in your post

lair

2. 51% declared their entertainment budget has been cut; 49% skipped a vacation 26% had to change living arrangement like taking in roommates or going back home.

3. 84% said the economy has made them change life altering life events like marriage or buying a home,

4. 76% said the failure of the economy to produce jobs is shrinking the middle class.

This is an important base that put Obama over the top in 2008. Does this mean he’s in trouble?

Young people are getting fucked by this economy (as is anyone) - their jobs are going to illegal aliens and older folks who have no choice but to jock a cash register to get by....

Hell, even kids with 4-year college degrees or those that partook in a training program cant find work.....

Those 22-32 probably feel stupid now having voted for Obama....

Newsflash for you...Romney's policies are Bush's (on steroids). Romney's advisers were Bush's.

Newsflash for you... Obama continued many Bush policies...
Top 10 Bush Terror Policies Continued by Obama

Why Obama Continues Bush’s Foreign Policy

Obama effectively continues Bush's Gitmo policy

How many were by choice and how many were forced by Congress? We know the GITMO one isn't by choice.

It was Bush's economic policies that destroyed the economy...the ones that Romney wants to double down on.

Nice deflection though. Boy, I could just imagine the posts you would come up with if it were President Obama with offshore accounts. :eusa_whistle:

Then explain to me why the last 2 polls we had done showed Paul within 7 points and 4 points respectively of Obama? He is strikingly different from Obama that's less than I can say for willard.

Young people are getting fucked by this economy (as is anyone) - their jobs are going to illegal aliens and older folks who have no choice but to jock a cash register to get by....

Hell, even kids with 4-year college degrees or those that partook in a training program cant find work.....

Those 22-32 probably feel stupid now having voted for Obama....

they are not as stupid as you

Yes.

Bush merely continued the housing policies put in place by the Clinton administration although he warned the Congress a number of times, starting in 2003 that Freddie Mac and Fannie May were in trouble. Frank and Dodd assured him and the American people that they were OK. They weren't!

The people saddled with student loans in their retirement is due to the fact that they took out the loans for their college kids, not for themselves. You didn't know that did you? YUK!

The education problem is real, but it sure as hell wasn't caused by Bush. College staff and educators are 90% liberals, and unchecked spending on new sports stadiums, Professors salaries and other nice to have buildings and programs that are not essential to learning add to the high cost of tuition. The only thing some of the majors offered in some Universities are good for is teaching that subject at the University.

Clinton's CRA amendments were the beginning of this mess.... Clinton dumped federal welfare at the request of republicans and forced banks to lend regardless of credit "to pick up the slack".... Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton were big supporters of the amendments made by Clinton....

What do you think happens when credit turns into a "right" instead of a privilege?

The people robbed the banks - the banks didn't rob the people.... Well many good people did pay the price for those who basically maxed out credit cards until there were no more they were "entitled" to... They were stuck paying higher interest rates in order to cover for those who defaulted on their credit....

All people had to do is put 10% down on a home and it was theirs under Clinton - they could get a 100k house for 10k - then they could turn around and use the house as a means of credit - so they put 10k down but now have 3 credit cards with 5k limits which amount to 15k in credit....

The entitled learned how to scam banks - then played victim when the bank came looking for their property........

For some reason people believe high interest rates are the result of greed - no they're the result of you picking up the slack for others who default and forced high risk loans...

I think the problem is that when interest rates are raised, people (who actually do pay the bills) cant afford the interest then everything collapses...

I suppose my point is - our economy collapsed and we have a housing crisis because Clinton made credit a "right" via his CRA amendments...

Last edited:
The youth are basically telling Obama and the Dems to stick their Neo-Marxists "New Normal" of debt, poverty and loss of opportunity up their ass

Forum List

Back