Poll: Americans downgrade Republicans

i'm surprised those numbers aren't lower, frankly. the dems are pretty damn weak and unlikeable, but outside some marginally tolerable people in their libertarian wing the republicans are completely without redeeming values of any kind. the only thing they're running on at this point is ODS and ad campaigns made possible by fat-cat donations.

Why would they believe anything else? The media is telling them its the republicans fault. They don't have time to find and hunt for the truth themselves. Most people don't follow politics so much as to know all the intricacies on and the reasons for things. They listen to the 20 minute soundbytes they hear. So whats your point?

i'm surprised those numbers aren't lower, frankly. the dems are pretty damn weak and unlikeable, but outside some marginally tolerable people in their libertarian wing the republicans are completely without redeeming values of any kind. the only thing they're running on at this point is ODS and ad campaigns made possible by fat-cat donations.
And destroying the economy.

Yes, the Dems are weak but the Reps are destructive. Most people are tired of the destructive.

Interviews with 1,008 adult Americans conducted by telephone

SHOULD WE LAUGH NOW?

if you find the standard methodology of conducting polls funny, sure, have a yuck. but that's how it's typically done, calling about a thousand people.

The sample includes 808 interviews among landline respondents
and 200 interviews among cell phone respondents

Speaker of the House John Boehner
August 5-7, 2011 33% 40% 16% 11%
House Democratic Leader House Nancy Pelosi
August 5-7, 2011 31% 51% 9% 9%
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell
August 5-7, 2011 21% 39% 27% 13%
Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid
August 5-7, 2011 28% 39% 21% 12%
The Democratic Party
August 5-7, 2011 47% 47% * 6%
The Republican Party
August 5-7, 2011 33% 59% 1% 7%
The Tea Party movement
August 5-7, 2011 31% 51% 5% 13%

yep!

People are sick and tired of the borrow - spend - borrow - spend - spend - borrow - spend.

So the media needs to keep up the attack and depend on the unthinking crowd of peons to parrot this failed idea as a good thing.

do you get paid in crackers?

Yes, the Dems are weak but the Reps are destructive. Most people are tired of the destructive.

I put weak and destructive on the same plateau and I'm tired of both.

I put weak and destructive on the same plateau and I'm tired of both.

i dunno, to me the dems are committing manslaughter. the republicans are committing murder. i still think the parties are different, but i'm with you on being sick of both.

What exactly are you rabid liberals hoping for anyway? You actually want to see Dems retake the House and Obama re-elected? You'll be right back at 2008 only with 6 trillion or more debt and a far worse economy.

Dems had complete control of the government and turned it into a train wreck, but this time they might actually do something right?

You people clearly can't face the truth that the Dem Party is destructive to America as long as its being led by the far left. You're just so afraid of admiting you idiots were wrong on every major policy especially on domestic/economic ones. All you care about is winning an election, not seeing our country recover from the absolute disaster called the Obama Administration.

And exactly how many Conservatives watch CNN? Shit, for that matter, who watches CNN period?

What exactly are you rabid liberals hoping for anyway? You actually want to see Dems retake the House and Obama re-elected? You'll be right back at 2008 only with 6 trillion or more debt and a far worse economy.

Dems had complete control of the government and turned it into a train wreck, but this time they might actually do something right?

You people clearly can't face the truth that the Dem Party is destructive to America as long as its being led by the far left. You're just so afraid of admiting you idiots were wrong on every major policy especially on domestic/economic ones. All you care about is winning an election, not seeing our country recover from the absolute disaster called the Obama Administration.
If the Republicans hadn't taken back the house then the Bush tax cuts would have expired and the country would be well on its way to recovery and paying down the debt.

And exactly how many Conservatives watch CNN? Shit, for that matter, who watches CNN period?

I tune it in to get the slightly less crazy liberal view.

To get the true liberal view that's just short of being to honest, I go to MSNBC.

They know how to spread the bullshit on just right, so that the most insane idea isn't called insane.

Like when Kerry called for censorship of opposing ideas, it was just brushed over.

If the Republicans hadn't taken back the house then the Bush tax cuts would have expired and the country would be well on its way to recovery and paying down the debt.

Obama had two years to raise taxes if he wished without needed one Republican vote.

You seem to forget that the Bush tax "cuts"(current tax rates) were extended under the Dem controlled House, not Republican. December 17th, 2010 is when Obama signed them into law, before Republicans you hate so much were sworn into office in Jan 2011.

Obama had two years to raise taxes if he wished without needed one Republican vote.

You seem to forget that the Bush tax "cuts"(current tax rates) were extended under the Dem controlled House, not Republican. December 17th, 2010 is when Obama signed them into law, before Republicans you hate so much were sworn into office in Jan 2011.
It doesn't matter...the Bush tax cuts, extended or not, isn't the reason our economy in near shambles.

People need to realize that our federal government is incapable of creating economic prosperity. They can only affect it plus or minus 10% based on what they do. The American unskilled and semi-skilled worker is not cost effective globally. The hightech bubble of the 90's, and housing bubble of the 00's really hid this horrific trend well.

Americans need to quit blaming each other, and thier elected leaders, and get out there and innovate. Create the next big thing, and learn how to sacrifice, or our grandkids will live in a shit hole that looks like rural Mexico.

Forum List

Back