Poll: 92% of Iowans Say...

I still don't understand how you can be a small gov conservative and fight against gay marriage

I still don't understand how you can be a small gov conservative and fight against gay marriage

THIS is the center of the hypocritical core of the social conservative movement. It is IMPOSSIBLE to say "Get the government out of our lives" and to have the government imposing moral laws and bans.

when was the ban implemented?

Which ban? The Federal Marriage Amendment or something like that in the 1990s, the one in California, Florida or countless other states?

Michigan put one into effect in 2004, as I believe Oregon did.

I think Obama is BSing us to say that he believes that there needs to be a ban on gay marriage. I think it's absolute, complete BS and I think if Obama gets re-elected in 2013 he'll pass a federal amendment allowing all gay people to get married.

Which ban? The Federal Marriage Amendment or something like that in the 1990s, the one in California, Florida or countless other states?

I think Obama is BSing us to say that he believes that there needs to be a ban on gay marriage. I think it's absolute, complete BS and I think if Obama gets re-elected in 2013 he'll pass a federal amendment allowing all gay people to get married.

He says he supports civil unions, which is the same position, to the shaggrin of the religious right, that Bush had.

it is sad that such an amendment would be needed

Because marraige has been defined as a civil union between a man and a woman. What part of that don't you homosexuals understand?

Name one homosexual society that has flourished?

Anyone who has studied history knows that homosexuality became rampant whenever a society or culture was in decline or collaspe.

The main question to me is:

Does homosexuality 'cause' the decay and downfall of nations?

Or is it just a 'symptom' of a dying and sick society?

Because marraige has been defined as a civil union between a man and a woman. What part of that don't you homosexuals understand?

First of all, the definition of marriage is incorrect. Marriage has always been a civil union between two people. It should not have anything to do with gender. Why? Because two men or two women have proven that they can love each other just as strongly as a man and a woman. They can raise children and the children flourish. They can do every single thing a heterosexual couple can do. In fact, I would argue that they would do it better because the divorce rate amongst homosexuals is in the single digits while amongst heterosexuals is over 50%.

And #2 - there is no such thing as a homosexual society. Society is too large. Looking at the homosexual demographic of America, they're flourishing -- they're doing great. They're getting bills passed, they have their own cable networks, magazines... they're a flourishing demographic of America and society is becoming more and more accepting of them. So the number of open homosexuals in our society will continue to grow and hopefully with that, the ban will be lifted and the definition of marriage will be changed.

Anyone who has studied history knows that homosexuality became rampant whenever a society or culture was in decline or collaspe.

The main question to me is:

Does homosexuality 'cause' the decay and downfall of nations?

Or is it just a 'symptom' of a dying and sick society?

Trolls like you cause the downfall of society. Begone, troll!

Since gays comprise only between 2 and 10% of the population thru out history, how can we have a homosexual society?

They (homos) can do every single thing a heterosexual couple can do.

They can??

Gays can make babies, 'mud babies'

I guess thay can raise them and love them, and send them to school.

But most people just flush them down the toilet.

I wonder if gays consider that abortion??? :lol:

Forum List

Back