Poll: 91% Approve of Obama's Proposals In SOTU Speech

Poll: High Marks for Obama's State of the Union Speech

pie_chart_244x.JPG

An overwhelming majority of Americans approved of the overall message in President Obama's State of the Union speech on Tuesday night, according to a CBS News poll of speech watchers.

According to the poll, which was conducted online by Knowledge Networks immediately after the president's address, 91 percent of those who watched the speech approved of the proposals Mr. Obama put forth during his remarks. Only nine percent disapproved.

Last year, 83 percent of viewers approved of Mr. Obama's State of the Union remarks.

I give him low marks for originality.
Barack Obama‘s SOTU Compares to Theodore Roosevelt’s, Also Scored 8th Grade Reading Level on Flesch-Kincaid Test | Video | TheBlaze.com

He was reaching out to the teabaggers.

The overwhelming majority of America didn't even bother listening to him.
43 million watch President Obama's State of the Union address

By Lisa de Moraes
[This blog entry has been updated]

About 43 million people tuned in to watch President Barack Obama rally to nation to "win the future" in his State of the Union Address Tuesday night across 11 television networks.

I hear it was 37.75 mil, not 43...

Viewership in the tired, old, rehashed bullshit is down, down, down....

Barack Obama's State Of The Union Ratings Continue To Decline, Down 12% From 2011 - Deadline.com

Last edited:
A reader adds:

Today at work the response has been surprisingly positive. I live in Central PA, otherwise known as Pennsyltucky. What’s surprising is the reaction from those who have been steadfastly opposed to Obama and everything he stands for. Both an evangelical Christian, who is primarily concerned with the social agenda, and a secular conservative, who is primarily concerned about his guns and his taxes being given to the lazy, enjoyed the speech and even said, “I could possibly see myself voting for him”.

somehow i think this is bullshit Synth.....the Righties were i work sure as hell were not saying that.....and a black girl who is absolutely for Obama said.....talk is talk.....lets see it happen....
Could be. Anonymous comments on blogs are as worthless as anonymous comments on message boards.

:lol: So you chose the cartoon to respond to instead of my substantive post :lol:

pie_chart_244x.JPG

An overwhelming majority of Americans approved of the overall message in President Obama's State of the Union speech on Tuesday night, according to a CBS News poll of speech watchers.

According to the poll, which was conducted online by Knowledge Networks immediately after the president's address, 91 percent of those who watched the speech approved of the proposals Mr. Obama put forth during his remarks. Only nine percent disapproved.

Last year, 83 percent of viewers approved of Mr. Obama's State of the Union remarks.

Where did that poll come from? Link?

I can't believe that that high of a percentage approved of this:

Bailouts are awesome: "On the day I took office, our auto industry was on the verge of collapse. Some even said we should let it die. With a million jobs at stake, I refused to let that happen. ... Today, General Motors is back on top as the world's number one automaker. Chrysler has grown faster in the U.S. than any major car company. ... We bet on American workers. We bet on American ingenuity. And tonight, the American auto industry is back." --Barack Obama

Bailouts are terrible: "It's time to apply the same rules from top to bottom: No bailouts, no handouts, and no copouts. An America built to last insists on responsibility from everybody." --Barack Obama, later in the same SOTU

Policy based on envy: "We can either settle for a country where a shrinking number of people do really well, while a growing number of Americans barely get by. Or we can restore an economy where everyone gets a fair shot, everyone does their fair share, and everyone plays by the same set of rules." --Barack Obama

Conciliatory blame throwing: "The state of our union is getting stronger. And we've come too far to turn back now. As long as I'm president, I will work with anyone in this chamber to build on this momentum. But I intend to fight obstruction with action, and I will oppose any effort to return to the very same policies that brought on this economic crisis in the first place." --Barack Obama

Deciding how much money you can make: "[W]e need to change our tax code so that people like me, and an awful lot of members of Congress, pay our fair share of taxes. Tax reform should follow the Buffett rule: If you make more than $1 million a year, you should not pay less than 30 percent in taxes. ... On the other hand, if you make under $250,000 a year, like 98 percent of American families, your taxes shouldn't go up." --Barack Obama

The overwhelming majority of America didn't even bother listening to him.
43 million watch President Obama's State of the Union address

By Lisa de Moraes
[This blog entry has been updated]

About 43 million people tuned in to watch President Barack Obama rally to nation to "win the future" in his State of the Union Address Tuesday night across 11 television networks.

I hear it was 37.75 mil, not 43...

Viewership in the tired, old, rehashed bullshit is down, down, down....

Barack Obama's State Of The Union Ratings Continue To Decline, Down 12% From 2011 - Deadline.com
I was using Neilson numbers, which I don't always think are accurate, but they are the de facto standard.

As Mani says: whatcha gonna do?

pie_chart_244x.JPG

Gee who would have thought, the flock wants more government?

BAAAAAA

Talk about yellow journalism and psuedoscience. 500 people polled with 44% of them affiliating themselves as democrats.

Hilarious.
Then shouldn't it be a 44% approval?

FAIL.

No, it isn't the approval rating poll results I have a problem with. it is the deliberately misleading yellow journalism lapped up by supporters to make them believe his SOTU was a hit success. While at the same time he re-arranged the words from past SOTU, was granted 8th grade level writing (the lowest in 70+ years) and it was full of half truths and lies.

It is the writers of this piece I take issue with.

Talk about yellow journalism and psuedoscience. 500 people polled with 44% of them affiliating themselves as democrats.

Hilarious.
Then shouldn't it be a 44% approval?

FAIL.

No, it isn't the approval rating poll results I have a problem with. it is the deliberately misleading yellow journalism lapped up by supporters to make them believe his SOTU was a hit success. While at the same time he re-arranged the words from past SOTU, was granted 8th grade level writing (the lowest in 70+ years) and it was full of half truths and lies.

It is the writers of this piece I take issue with.
If less than half of the respondents are Democrats, what is your issue with the poll?

pie_chart_244x.JPG

Do you know what my favorite part of the SOTU speech was? It's when President Obama said that he and many members of congress should pay as high a tax rate as most Americans do, and Republicans sat in their chairs, unmoved at the prospect.

So pandering to the whiners is something to be impressed about?

My favorite part was this sudden conversion regarding the legality of insider trading. Suddenly he's outraged about it. :lol: About fucking time. Why should I be impressed that your President suddenly decides that congress should be held to the same laws as the rest of the country - and the world.

OK...I did watch the whole speach live as I do with ALL SOTU speaches..

I don't get what he said that was bad for America... He is supposed to be upbeat about the country. That is his job. I'm impressed he OK'd the rescue mission at the same time he was about to go in front of the country. If that mission had gone sideways all this talk about his address would be non existant. That took political guts. I sure wish the GOP would start cultivating sane responsible...respectable leaders. Obama will keep playing chess while my parties hacks keep cheating at checkers. Obama can be beaten...but what my party fails to see is that it will take a better man ...not a better bumper sticker to turn the trick.

:lol: So you chose the cartoon to respond to instead of my substantive post :lol:

The post wasn't worth reading, never mind responding to. Just more of the same "OBAMA BAD!!!" that you always post.

its blatantly obvious you didn't read it from the above post....i was quoting obama from his speech :lmao:

So did you have a link to this "survey"?

pie_chart_244x.JPG

Bailouts are awesome: "On the day I took office, our auto industry was on the verge of collapse. Some even said we should let it die. With a million jobs at stake, I refused to let that happen. ... Today, General Motors is back on top as the world's number one automaker. Chrysler has grown faster in the U.S. than any major car company. ... We bet on American workers. We bet on American ingenuity. And tonight, the American auto industry is back." --Barack Obama

Bailouts are terrible: "It's time to apply the same rules from top to bottom: No bailouts, no handouts, and no copouts. An America built to last insists on responsibility from everybody." --Barack Obama, later in the same SOTU

Policy based on envy: "We can either settle for a country where a shrinking number of people do really well, while a growing number of Americans barely get by. Or we can restore an economy where everyone gets a fair shot, everyone does their fair share, and everyone plays by the same set of rules." --Barack Obama

Conciliatory blame throwing: "The state of our union is getting stronger. And we've come too far to turn back now. As long as I'm president, I will work with anyone in this chamber to build on this momentum. But I intend to fight obstruction with action, and I will oppose any effort to return to the very same policies that brought on this economic crisis in the first place." --Barack Obama

Deciding how much money you can make: "[W]e need to change our tax code so that people like me, and an awful lot of members of Congress, pay our fair share of taxes. Tax reform should follow the Buffett rule: If you make more than $1 million a year, you should not pay less than 30 percent in taxes. ... On the other hand, if you make under $250,000 a year, like 98 percent of American families, your taxes shouldn't go up." --Barack Obama

I would guess thats because the vast majority of Republicans and conservatives didn't bother listening to the same old bullshit we've heard over and over from him.

I would guess that your dismissal is a sign of you hearing the sound of your ideological world swirling around a drain.

pie_chart_244x.JPG

Do you know what my favorite part of the SOTU speech was? It's when President Obama said that he and many members of congress should pay as high a tax rate as most Americans do, and Republicans sat in their chairs, unmoved at the prospect.

So pandering to the whiners is something to be impressed about?

My favorite part was this sudden conversion regarding the legality of insider trading. Suddenly he's outraged about it. :lol: About fucking time. Why should I be impressed that your President suddenly decides that congress should be held to the same laws as the rest of the country - and the world.

Very telling.

Why didn't Bush ever say anything about insider trading?

The post wasn't worth reading, never mind responding to. Just more of the same "OBAMA BAD!!!" that you always post.

its blatantly obvious you didn't read it from the above post....i was quoting obama from his speech :lmao:

So did you have a link to this "survey"?

The headline is the link, Einstein.

Ironically, 91% of those polled didnt listen to the State of the Union address.

It was a great speech, and your guys are going to lose.

A millionaire with Swiss bank accounts and a thrice married adulterer.

Good luck with that!

Forum List

Back