Poll: 91% Approve of Obama's Proposals In SOTU Speech

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Poll: High Marks for Obama's State of the Union Speech

pie_chart_244x.JPG

An overwhelming majority of Americans approved of the overall message in President Obama's State of the Union speech on Tuesday night, according to a CBS News poll of speech watchers.

According to the poll, which was conducted online by Knowledge Networks immediately after the president's address, 91 percent of those who watched the speech approved of the proposals Mr. Obama put forth during his remarks. Only nine percent disapproved.

Last year, 83 percent of viewers approved of Mr. Obama's State of the Union remarks.

I would guess thats because the vast majority of Republicans and conservatives didn't bother listening to the same old bullshit we've heard over and over from him.

pie_chart_244x.JPG

An overwhelming majority of Americans approved of the overall message in President Obama's State of the Union speech on Tuesday night, according to a CBS News poll of speech watchers.

According to the poll, which was conducted online by Knowledge Networks immediately after the president's address, 91 percent of those who watched the speech approved of the proposals Mr. Obama put forth during his remarks. Only nine percent disapproved.

Last year, 83 percent of viewers approved of Mr. Obama's State of the Union remarks.

Do you know what my favorite part of the SOTU speech was? It's when President Obama said that he and many members of congress should pay as high a tax rate as most Americans do, and Republicans sat in their chairs, unmoved at the prospect.

I would guess thats because the vast majority of Republicans and conservatives didn't bother listening to the same old bullshit we've heard over and over from him.

Kids having another tantrum, eh? I guess we shouldn't bother listening to their concerns, either. BTW, if no one was listening, how do you know it was the same old BS? :doubt:

Great speech, unifying and hopeful, except for no compromise, "un-American" (TIME) Pubs and brainwashed hater dittoheads, who are recovering or disappearing. But he showed someone has a plan and intelligence...no drama Obama.

pie_chart_244x.JPG

Do you know what my favorite part of the SOTU speech was? It's when President Obama said that he and many members of congress should pay as high a tax rate as most Americans do, and Republicans sat in their chairs, unmoved at the prospect.

Well of course they did that, their Master Grover Norquist was watching them.
What do you expect the puppets to do?
:lol:

A reader adds:

Today at work the response has been surprisingly positive. I live in Central PA, otherwise known as Pennsyltucky. What’s surprising is the reaction from those who have been steadfastly opposed to Obama and everything he stands for. Both an evangelical Christian, who is primarily concerned with the social agenda, and a secular conservative, who is primarily concerned about his guns and his taxes being given to the lazy, enjoyed the speech and even said, “I could possibly see myself voting for him”.

pie_chart_244x.JPG

Why wouldn't they already be paying the same tax rate as "most Americans" do?

I would guess they make more than the average American, so they would be paying at higher tax rate as well.

pie_chart_244x.JPG

Well of course they did that, their Master Grover Norquist was watching them.
What do you expect the puppets to do?
:lol:

Well, I think exposes a conflict of interest. Think about it. The very people who are tasked with developing tax policy to put the nation on a sound financial footing (for now and in the future) don't want their OWN tax obligations to go up. That's understandable since everyone has a vested interest in pursuing their own self-interest. However, how can we expect many of our nation's elected representatives to put America's interest front and center if and when they're always able to use the the institution of Congress to pursue their own interests at the expense of everyone else?

I mean, don't they vote raises for themselves? Can you do that?

Can't they legally use insider information to enrich themselves as was outlined in the book, "Throw Them All Out" by Peter Schweizer? Other Americans go to prison for that as everyone knows.

Haven't Congressmen been enriching themselves for a long time by voting for earmarks that help their own districts, and by extension, their own property values and real estate investments? You can't do that, can you?

Don't they help line the pockets of their campaign contributors for renewed contributions in order to stay in office?

The overwhelming majority of America didn't even bother listening to him.
43 million watch President Obama's State of the Union address

By Lisa de Moraes
[This blog entry has been updated]

About 43 million people tuned in to watch President Barack Obama rally to nation to "win the future" in his State of the Union Address Tuesday night across 11 television networks.

"Sustaining the American dream has never been about standing pat...It has required each generation to sacrifice, and struggle, and meet the demands of a new age. Now it's our turn," Obama said, to a TV audience of about 5 million fewer people than had watched last year's SOTU address.

President Obama's first address to the joint session of Congress, on Feb 24, 2009, remains his record -- attracting 52.4 million people.

pie_chart_244x.JPG

specifics on the demographics? how many identified as R, or D, or I?

The overwhelming majority of America didn't even bother listening to him.
43 million watch President Obama's State of the Union address

By Lisa de Moraes
[This blog entry has been updated]

About 43 million people tuned in to watch President Barack Obama rally to nation to "win the future" in his State of the Union Address Tuesday night across 11 television networks.

"Sustaining the American dream has never been about standing pat...It has required each generation to sacrifice, and struggle, and meet the demands of a new age. Now it's our turn," Obama said, to a TV audience of about 5 million fewer people than had watched last year's SOTU address.

President Obama's first address to the joint session of Congress, on Feb 24, 2009, remains his record -- attracting 52.4 million people.

43 milllion "nobodies", if you listen to the CONS!!! :cuckoo:

pie_chart_244x.JPG

Why wouldn't they already be paying the same tax rate as "most Americans" do?

I would guess they make more than the average American, so they would be paying at higher tax rate as well.

The pay for members of Congress (not including the speaker or majority leaders) is $174,000. That income places Congress in the 28% (just $400 below the $174,400 amount that would place them in the 33% level, oddly enough). That, of course, doesn't take into account various deductions, business related expenses, and any dependent deductions. Keep in mind that they write the tax laws. My guess is that those tax laws favor them quite nicely when April 15th comes around.

US Congress Salaries and Benefits – Salaries and Benefits of US Congress Members

Tax Brackets (Federal Income Tax Rates) 2000 through 2011 and 2012

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

91% approved of the proposals...why didn't they just make it 100%

yet he still has a majority who disapprove of him....funny how that works..

leave it to CBS

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

91% approved of the proposals...why didn't they just make it 100%

yet he still has a majority who disapprove of him....funny how that works..

leave it to CBS

Most people like him, funny how you will write anything that comes into your head.

lol, most people like him..A ,majority DISAPPROVE of him in the polls THAT COUNT.. and don't think he should be re-elected...so you want to call that most people like him..have at it...

Forum List

Back