Poll: 60 percent of California voters favor a tax hike

Since around 50% of people pay no income taxes this is no surprise. Very troubling.

Poll: 60 percent of California voters favor Brown's tax hike - San Jose Mercury News

God are Californians stupid. They are already seeing an great migration of companies out of CA, with no companies coming in to replace them, now they will push the wealthy out of the state. CA is in a disaster, they are heading towards a 3rd world banana republic status.

And I love the line: "The governor's plan includes some of the most popular ideas for raising taxes -- higher taxes on the wealthy and more money for schools," says Mark Baldassare, PPIC president and CEO. ==> They always use a red herring like this. If it was for the schools then do what Gov Walker did, make teachers contribute for their healthcare and pension plans, stop flooding illegals into the school system, stop the HIGHLY ineffective and HIGHLY expensive English as a 2nd language programs and for god sake quit bowing to everything the Unions demand.

I bet any money they get will be wasted and much of it won't be on education. In fact, I bet in 2013, 2014, 2015 and beyond, CA will still be considered to have one of the worst public schools systems in the country, will still have massive budget deficits and they all continue to take about raising taxes on the rich again!

One point to make if you are "rich" in CA your taxes are 10.1% and they want to raise that even higher! That's immoral!

People in Cali are certified morons. They had the chance to dump Boxer and they blew it. Their economy sucks and they want to make it worse.
The honest headline would be: 60% of Californians favor a tax hike on someone else.

raise 7 billion for schools? what a laugh. I wonder how much money the NEA will be puting into the campaign to get this passed. They already raid the tobacco settlement money to give it to schools and other general fund items to boot.

I have forgotten due to overload how many measures over the years for 'education' have been on the ballots out here.

this is such crap. They have used money grifted form us for decades to hire administrators clerks etc etc, ahead of teachers, and in any event all of that falls away due to the fact that, we have constantly hired ahead of school population growth, and, the scores, achievement etc. of students has basically stood still.

This tax the rich thing will never ever live up to its billing, if they say they think they will raise 7 billion, won't happen, the first year or 2 they will make theirs targets there after, either the people the money or both will leave. Look at NYC or Illinois.

People in Cali are certified morons. They had the chance to dump Boxer and they blew it. Their economy sucks and they want to make it worse.
The honest headline would be: 60% of Californians favor a tax hike on someone else.

"60% of Californians favor a tax hike on someone else."

Exactly!

JB is angry that his temp tax which expired in June didn't get extended.
Gov. Jerry Brown pulls 'trigger': Colleges, schools and services for elderly and disabled hit - San Jose Mercury News

SACRAMENTO -- Gov. Jerry Brown today said he would slash nearly $1 billion in funding for higher education, school buses, MediCal and services for the disabled, but K-12 schools will be largely spared from the devastating cuts many had feared.

School district officials across the state breathed a sigh of relief at averting significant trigger cuts.
Although they'll face a $248 million hit for school bus funding, it will be colleges, MediCal, child care, counties, local libraries and services for the mentally and physically disabled that will be hardest hit.

Yeah for the democrats, long live Cali!

raise 7 billion for schools? what a laugh. I wonder how much money the NEA will be puting into the campaign to get this passed. They already raid the tobacco settlement money to give it to schools and other general fund items to boot.

I have forgotten due to overload how many measures over the years for 'education' have been on the ballots out here.

this is such crap. They have used money grifted form us for decades to hire administrators clerks etc etc, ahead of teachers, and in any event all of that falls away due to the fact that, we have constantly hired ahead of school population growth, and, the scores, achievement etc. of students has basically stood still.

This tax the rich thing will never ever live up to its billing, if they say they think they will raise 7 billion, won't happen, the first year or 2 they will make theirs targets there after, either the people the money or both will leave. Look at NYC or Illinois.

Don't forget the lottery!

Although they'll face a $248 million hit for school bus funding, it will be colleges, MediCal, child care, counties, local libraries and services for the mentally and physically disabled that will be hardest hit.

Yeah, because God forbid he goes after the illegal immigrants and the public employees who are bleeding the state dry, but hey, California gets what California deserves. You'd never get me to live in that loony bin.

Yeah, because God forbid he goes after the illegal immigrants and the public employees who are bleeding the state dry, but hey, California gets what California deserves. You'd never get me to live in that loony bin.

I can certify that not all people who live in California are loony, lol!
It's the CalPERS retirement system that is bleeding the tax dollars out of people from local to state levels.

I have relatives that cannot afford to move out of the state. People are stuck.

Last edited:
Here's the thing: we're being held hostage here in California. Criminals and thugs run the state legislature, and a whacko holds the governorship. Now, I guarantee you most of us have spotted the scam a long time ago and want nothing to do with anymore taxes. What happens though? It dawns on the powers that be their twisted budget is falling short yet again. So, they turn to the most useful tactic: threaten to take money away from the most needy, cut school budgets, layoff police and firemen. In short, these scumbags point a gun at us and say "If you don't give us more tax money, elderly will die, kids will wander the streets with no school, and crime will run rampant--your house will burn down too. Pay up, punks or we're putting our foot up your ass! Bitches!"
Now, I was born and raised here, I don't want to leave. On the other hand it seems like an impossible dream that this criminal state government will ever be reformed. The system is rigged to assure the lawless remain in power.

Last edited:
60 percent of California voters favor a tax hike ....

And what do the Non-Mexicans want? (Down with sanctuary cities,,,)

Since around 50% of people pay no income taxes this is no surprise. Very troubling.

Poll: 60 percent of California voters favor Brown's tax hike - San Jose Mercury News

Make that 55%.

The top 5% don't pay income tax either as most of their wealth come from capital gains. Until recently, they didn't even pay capital gains tax if their wealth was held in off-shore accounts.

The middle class is left shouldering the tax burden. We could try to sqeeze more out of poor people but relatively speaking, that amount would be negligable. An extra 2% on nothing is still nothing.

Forum List

Back