Poll: 57% support DADT repeal..

I guess more left because they had to serve with blacks.

You are already serving with gay soldiers. Many soldiers probably have friends or family members who are gay. If a gay soldier saved your life....does it still count?

This is getting stupid. I hate stupidity. I retired in 93 I am not serving with anyone. I have a gay family member who agrees with me. If a gay solder saved my life i wouldn't know he was gay. If this administration has it's way future solders will know. I don't like it and i don't believe it will work. At least it will hurt the military for many years before it is widely accepted. And there will be problems forever. Just as (since you morons want to compare them) the occasional race problem.

Is knowing someone is gay really going to freak you out? Is that "shower thing" such a big freaking deal? Would you shower at a local health spa with gays in the locker room?

I haven't been worried about such nonsense since junior high school gym, Are our fighting men that sensitive to their masculinity?

You go serve with them. I've said all I need to.

This is getting stupid. I hate stupidity. I retired in 93 I am not serving with anyone. I have a gay family member who agrees with me. If a gay solder saved my life i wouldn't know he was gay. If this administration has it's way future solders will know. I don't like it and i don't believe it will work. At least it will hurt the military for many years before it is widely accepted. And there will be problems forever. Just as (since you morons want to compare them) the occasional race problem.

Is knowing someone is gay really going to freak you out? Is that "shower thing" such a big freaking deal? Would you shower at a local health spa with gays in the locker room?

I haven't been worried about such nonsense since junior high school gym, Are our fighting men that sensitive to their masculinity?

No problem Ollie...I respect your opinion

I just think that in 5 years it will be an afterthought

Those of you who have never served, and probably never will, should actually just keep your noses out of military business. Because it really doesn't affect you or your personal life one bit. It does affect that young troop who may have to live with and share a shower with a homosexual of the same sex.

I wouldn't wish that on any of our troops.

You can call me a bigot but I'm sorry it just isn't right.

And since I have been there, and since i do have a gay family member. I can take any stance on the subject i want. And hey, I guess I'm more qualified than you are. Unless of course you are coming out of the closet. Then you got me on that one.

I'm a veteran of the military. I'm a retired veteran of the military. I retired as an O-5...that means you would have had to salute me. That means that you might have had to take orders from me....a Gay Officer. So, I guess I've got one on you.

That's nice, but if you were an openly gay O-5 I would process your discharge. Do all retired O-5's answer for other people?

And as a Legal officer, I processed people for being gay who I knew and they knew I knew they were not gay...they just wanted out without having to fulfill their obligation. Even the CO knew they weren't really gay...but had to go by the silly rules. There's training and $$$ right down the toilet. And I've served with many people who knew I was gay...and I've served with other gays who were excellent sailors and officers....and some pretty shitty straight officers and enlisted who I would not want to be in the same ocean with.

And you wouldn't process my discharge...how laughable is that? :lol::lol::lol:

Go ahead and make the attempt. It will be interesting to see who blames who when the ass kicking and maybe even murders start. And I already know it where most of the fools will place the blame and it won't be on the policy.

And here we have it folks....blaming the future victims because those straight soldiers/sailors cannot help beating the crap out of gays....or even killing them.

Oh I have no doubt it will be, and a lot of good solders will leave the military because of it.

I guess more left because they had to serve with blacks.

You are already serving with gay soldiers. Many soldiers probably have friends or family members who are gay. If a gay soldier saved your life....does it still count?

I'm quite sure that your gay family member knows better than to disagree with you to your face. I have straight family members (who served...some retired...who agree with me). So, I guess my anecdotes trump your anecdote.

If I were putting my life on the line for my country, I would be more concerned about the quality of the soldier serving next to me than his or her sexuality. What about the bottom 5% of soldiers in terms of aptitude and intelligence? What about soldiers with questionable ethical and criminal backgrounds?
There are many soldiers I'd like to see kicked out before I kicked out a homosexual

Military "experts" claimed:

- Allowing blacks to serve with whites would destroy morale
- Allowing women to serve with males would destroy morale

now:
- Allowing gays to openly serve will hurt morale

Have you noticed the right is against, not only gays, but health care for the average American? They are against education. So "pro corporations" it's sickening. They want to turn over our Social Security, which they are against anyway, to the very people who caused the economic meltdown. Maybe the right feels those guys aren't getting rich fast enough?

And they call themselves "patriotic"? I'm just not getting it. Are they human? Are they people? What are they? Soviet plants? Pod things?

I'm a veteran of the military. I'm a retired veteran of the military. I retired as an O-5...that means you would have had to salute me. That means that you might have had to take orders from me....a Gay Officer. So, I guess I've got one on you.

That's nice, but if you were an openly gay O-5 I would process your discharge. Do all retired O-5's answer for other people?

And as a Legal officer, I processed people for being gay who I knew and they knew I knew they were not gay...they just wanted out without having to fulfill their obligation. Even the CO knew they weren't really gay...but had to go by the silly rules. There's training and $$$ right down the toilet. And I've served with many people who knew I was gay...and I've served with other gays who were excellent sailors and officers....and some pretty shitty straight officers and enlisted who I would not want to be in the same ocean with.

You are laughable actually. And not very believable at times.

You are laughable actually. And not very believable at times.

Actually, gays consistently graduate at the top of their classes. Of course they aren't so stupid that they get "caught" over and over again. Pleading gay is the "coward's" way out. We need to make everyone "honest". Let the cowards say they are cowards and leave the gays alone. I prefer the "felons" left out of the service.

Forum List

Back