Poll: 51% agree with Obama's endorsement of gay marriage

Romney has never changed and if you think he has, please post some evidence of that. obama on the other hand will say anything that will get him a vote.

So you agree that most Americans support gay marriage? That would put you, Romney, and most conservatives on the wrong side of history.

Like my sigline used to say, the history of conservatism is a history of being on the wrong side of history.

This is what I was talking about.

Most Americans oppose same sex marriage which gets proven every time they get to vote on it. Opposition to same sex marriage is on the right side of history because historically many cultures have accepted same sex marriages and relationships yet the value has never survived. Marriage has survived, same sex marriage has not, and acceptance of homosexuality has not. Opposition is on the right side of history and in fact, the ONLY side of history! How is it that something as minor as a wedding ring on the third finger of the left hand can survive from the time of Dynastic Egypt, yet same sex marriages not? Same sex marriages have not survived any civilization anywhere in the world. Otherwise we would have had it for centuries.

Those who say opposition is on the wrong side of history just doesn't have a clue as to history.

So if you're right, then Obama couldn't have possibly done this to GAIN votes; his having done it, if anything, if you're right,

will cost him votes.

You need to get your talking points straightened out. You're arguing with yourself.:lol:

It looks like Mitt is still behind the curve.

More than half of Americans say they approve of President Obama's stance that same-sex couples should be allowed to marry legally, but 60% say that his shift in position will have no bearing on how they vote in the November election, according to a new USA TODAY/Gallup poll.

Funny how polls always deliver the desired results. Unfortunately when voters have the choice they contradict these scientific polls, must be hanging chads or fraud, right?

Why is it morality must be forced upon us by the government? That seems like a religious issue and as such, not subject to government input. I don't think a single state that has had a one man, one woman marriage amendment has lost. Enjoy your polls, the ones that count have already spoken.

Thou shalt not kill is a religious commandment. You want government out of the murder as a crime business?

Society can determine what penalty a crime must be paid with. The Lutheran Church accepts the death penalty for example. An individual may not take a life on their own.

Yet, in every state where the people exercise a vote, gay marriage fails usually like it did in North Carolina in double digits. In Colorado which was expected to be a democrat stronghold, not only marriage, but even civil unions were voted down. In no state has the issue been passed by vote. Not one. In Iowa where gay marriage was imposed by activist judges, those judges were successfully voted out of office.

How can BOTH, that the public supports gay marriage, and consistently votes it down, be true? obama and Romney were neck and neck in swing states until obama voiced his support. Overnight Romney took the lead.

To continue to believe in the strength of this position is delusional. It flies in the face of reality, and uses bizarre "polls" to support a proposition that has clearly, clearly lost.
The largest turn out at elections, particular for ballot initiatives and amendments are older voters. Younger voters who strongly support gay marriage, don't turn out. Polls show the support for gay marriage has been steadily gaining ground for over ten years. Unless this trend reverses, it's inevitable that gay marriage will win at both the polls as well as the courts and legislatures. Us old farts don't live forever and we haven't done a very good job of passing along our prejudices to our kids.

So what? That man would sell his own mother for a vote.

By standing up, and taking a political risky decision, and trying to give equal protection to people? I suggest that you look at Romney's flip-flop on same sex unions. He did a complete 180. If anyone is selling their soul, it's your man Mr. Etch-a-Sketch.

Obama was for gay marriage in 1996. I don't beleive he has ever been against it. He just found it politically expedient to say so when he was running for the US Senate and for the Presidency.

And in 1996 he is even quoted as saying he would fight against civil unions. Full marriage was his motto in '96.

More than half of Americans say they approve of President Obama's stance that same-sex couples should be allowed to marry legally, but 60% say that his shift in position will have no bearing on how they vote in the November election, according to a new USA TODAY/Gallup poll.

Obama is a real Profile In Courage, isn't he.

He waits till it's popular enough before he takes the plunge.

You must be so proud of him. :gives:

All I can say is I supported it before Obama did.....so I'm not impressed.

Yet, in every state where the people exercise a vote, gay marriage fails usually like it did in North Carolina in double digits. In Colorado which was expected to be a democrat stronghold, not only marriage, but even civil unions were voted down. In no state has the issue been passed by vote. Not one. In Iowa where gay marriage was imposed by activist judges, those judges were successfully voted out of office.

How can BOTH, that the public supports gay marriage, and consistently votes it down, be true? obama and Romney were neck and neck in swing states until obama voiced his support. Overnight Romney took the lead.

To continue to believe in the strength of this position is delusional. It flies in the face of reality, and uses bizarre "polls" to support a proposition that has clearly, clearly lost.
The largest turn out at elections, particular for ballot initiatives and amendments are older voters. Younger voters who strongly support gay marriage, don't turn out. Polls show the support for gay marriage has been steadily gaining ground for over ten years. Unless this trend reverses, it's inevitable that gay marriage will win at both the polls as well as the courts and legislatures. Us old farts don't live forever and we haven't done a very good job of passing along our prejudices to our kids.

Why don't they vote?? Could it be because they are not compelled to?? Didn't the young voters turn out in record numbers in 2008???

Somewhere in the near future those younger folks are going to say, why the heck are things like this..........I think the government needs to stay out of my bedroom, period. :cool:

May I correct you. Your information is slightly out of date. It isn't 30 states, it's 38 states. Six states have had same sex marriage imposed either by activist judges or an activist legislature.

how many states needed to be desegregated?

same diff...

Not to mention, interracial marriage required a SCOTUS ruling...:eek:
And Ted Olson will see that same sex marriage gets to the Supreme Court, as well.

Why don't they vote?? Could it be because they are not compelled to?? Didn't the young voters turn out in record numbers in 2008???

Somewhere in the near future those younger folks are going to say, why the heck are things like this..........I think the government needs to stay out of my bedroom, period. :cool:

As we saw in 2008 elections, young voters turned out if they were highly motivated. Although the vast majority of young people support same sex marriage, their support is not nearly as strong as the older voter's opposition. However the trend toward increasing support for gay marriage is pretty clear.

ljidpw36ceqh7xm50bwyzg.gif

2012-05-09-Blumenthal-postabcSameSexMarriage.png

Also:

//http:huffingtonpost.com/2012-05-09-Blumenthal-pewsamesexmarriage.png

Last edited:
Why is it morality must be forced upon us by the government? That seems like a religious issue and as such, not subject to government input. I don't think a single state that has had a one man, one woman marriage amendment has lost. Enjoy your polls, the ones that count have already spoken.

Thou shalt not kill is a religious commandment. You want government out of the murder as a crime business?

Society can determine what penalty a crime must be paid with. The Lutheran Church accepts the death penalty for example. An individual may not take a life on their own.

So despite your statement above to the contrary, you do support government imposing morality on us.

Obama is a real Profile In Courage, isn't he.

He waits till it's popular enough before he takes the plunge.

You must be so proud of him. :gives:

All I can say is I supported it before Obama did.....so I'm not impressed.

So you concede that most Americans support same sex marriage.

That puts Romney out of the mainstream and on the wrong side of history.

It remains to be seen whether this will hurt the President going into the fall. I'm thinking it won't, especially among the independents he is courting (who overwhelmingly support marriage equality).

It will indeed help the president. Voters support politicians who take a stand of conscience on an issue.

What they can’t stand are politicians like Romney, a mealy-mouthed, indecisive weakling who has no convictions or positions of conscience, or is too much a political coward to express those convictions.

Why is it morality must be forced upon us by the government?

Good question.

When a government defies the 14th Amendment, refusing same-sex couples access to its marriage law for ‘moral’ reasons, it indeed is forcing morality on everyone.

That seems like a religious issue and as such, not subject to government input.

One would think.

Unfortunately governments are enacting un-Constitutional legislation predicated on religious dogma.

I don't think a single state that has had a one man, one woman marriage amendment has lost. Enjoy your polls, the ones that count have already spoken.
Which is legally irrelevant.

As we know Constitutional rights are not subject to popular vote; the Constitution and rule of law exists to ensure citizens’ rights are not violated by the tyranny of the majority.

Forum List

Back