Poll 50% Don't Like The SCOTUS Ruling

Really?

“Because it is not known whether the Affordable Care Act will remain, in whole or in part, it would be imprudent for New Jersey now to create an exchange before these critical threshold issues are decided with finality by the court,” he added.

Mr. Christie was the second governor to veto such a law, following Gov. Susana Martinez of New Mexico, who is also a Republican. In New York, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, a Democrat, took the opposite tack last month: after the Legislature declined to create an exchange, he established one by executive order.

Ultimately, Mr. Christie’s veto is largely symbolic. The federal law requires states to offer health care exchanges by January 2014, but provides that Washington will step in to administer them in states that fail to make progress by January 2013. In either case, the state pays to set up the health care exchange, but states that fail to create the exchanges lose the ability to oversee them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/11/n...health-insurance-exchange-for-new-jersey.html

Under the law as it was proposed.

Now that Roberts had to essentially rewrite the law.....and especially because of the question about medicaid, that might not be the case.

The law has not been rewritten and medicaid and healthcare exchanges are separate issues, with different funding methods. Did you study the topic?

If the Law had been interpreted as it was written, as a mandate under the Commerce Clause, is was unconstitutional, but is legal as a tax. The court changed that to a tax, so yes they did rewrite the law.

Voters are reacting in broadly negative ways to the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the legislation known as Obamacare, a new Newsweek/Daily Beast poll finds, with a majority disapproving of the ruling, fearing health-care costs and taxes will rise, and preferring Mitt Romney to President Obama on the issue.

At the same time, voters scored the ruling a short-term political win for the president by a huge margin.

Overall, 50 percent of those polled said they disapprove of the court’s 5–4 decision, while 45 percent said they support it. Consistently, a majority of voters said that they oppose the individual mandate (53 percent); believe taxes will increase (52 percent); believe their personal health-care costs will increase (56 percent); and disapprove of Obama’s handling of health care in general (58 percent). Only 24 percent of those polled said that they believe the ruling will make the country better off.

New Poll: Voters Dislike Supreme Court

Not that it matters to me because justices don't vote to be popular....unless you listen to Charles Krautwhatever....who think Roberts only did this to preserve the integrity of the court (and if he did...boy did he blow that one).

However, it does have some thought provoking information with regards to how people might vote come November.

Romney needs to ram this up Obama/Axelrod/Jarrett's asses.

The other 50% love it because they don't have to pay for it.

The law has not been rewritten and medicaid and healthcare exchanges are separate issues, with different funding methods. Did you study the topic?

Keep on that thought, junior.

Roberts reformed the entire basis for the law. It was rewritten.....even if the wording hasn't changed.

The other pieces might not be as separte as you want to believe.

So you agree with President Obama, that the mandate was not a tax.

I'm surprised you're not going after your conservatives pals who are calling you and the president LIARS.

So you are taking the side that Obama was wrong? If so, was what he said about this not being a tax, based on what? After all the law had in it that this was an excise tax yet Obama said exactly the opposite and got indignant when questioned. The reason I think he stuck to his guns in claiming it wasn't a tax is because he made another promise. The promise that taxes would not increase one dime for anyone making less then 250,000 dollars. Obviously that ain't gonna happen. So no matter how it is sliced Obama didn't say what was true. But considering we got to the point with the administration that we just shrug off whatever they say does it really matter if what he claims is true or not?

Roberts reformed the entire basis for the law. It was rewritten.....even if the wording hasn't changed.

I'm surprised you're not going after your conservatives pals who are calling you and the president LIARS.

So you are taking the side that Obama was wrong? If so, was what he said about this not being a tax, based on what? After all the law had in it that this was an excise tax yet Obama said exactly the opposite and got indignant when questioned. The reason I think he stuck to his guns in claiming it wasn't a tax is because he made another promise. The promise that taxes would not increase one dime for anyone making less then 250,000 dollars. Obviously that ain't gonna happen. So no matter how it is sliced Obama didn't say what was true. But considering we got to the point with the administration that we just shrug off whatever they say does it really matter if what he claims is true or not?

Scalia, Alito, Kennedy, and Thomas STILL insist it's not a tax. Are they lying too?

Scalia, Alito, Kennedy, and Thomas STILL insist it's not a tax. Are they lying too?

No but they're wrong. IT IS A GARGANTUAN TAX.. ASK the MAJORITY vote on the COURT.. THE losers don't get to say it's not a tax because it has been RULED A TAX. now stop looking so damn foolish. IT"S a fucking TAX.

It's ironic, and even funnier than it is ironic,

that conservatives, in order to turn this into another attack on Obama,

have to concede that the conservative wing of the Supreme Court was dead wrong on the mandate.

have to concede that the conservative wing of the Supreme Court was dead wrong on the mandate.

exactly, they were dead wrong, the liberals prevailed and announced it was a tax and a tax it is. a mandated tax.

No but they're wrong. IT IS A GARGANTUAN TAX.. ASK the MAJORITY vote on the COURT.. THE losers don't get to say it's not a tax because it has been RULED A TAX. now stop looking so damn foolish. IT"S a fucking TAX.

I said it was a tax months ago. In fact I just spent 15 minutes trying to find my post. So shut up.

exactly, they were dead wrong, the liberals prevailed and announced it was a tax and a tax it is. a mandated tax. [/SIZE

So if Roberts had gone with those 4, as the conventional wisdom predicted,

then the law would have been overturned because of a HUGE MISTAKE by the conservative wing of the Supreme Court?

Yes?

well we know you all would be laughing if the decision went the other way..

but again it's we won get over it

I said it was a tax months ago. I can't find my post because I can't remember a keyword that would locate it for me.

I said in effect that it's either or tax or it isn't based on what it is, not what someone calls it.

You could call it a pumpkin but if de facto it's a tax, it's a tax.

I said it was a tax months ago. In fact I just spent 15 minutes trying to find my post. So shut up.

but the dude you voted for lied to you and said it wasn't a tax. did you believe him? gonna vote for him again. he looked right into your face and lied to you. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

What's funny is watching the democrats try to run away from the TAX! Even insisting that SCOTUS was WRONG.

If obamatax is not a tax, it is unconstitutional, that's what the ruling was.

The reason is, because, if they had said it was a tax, they would not have gotten the votes in the Democratic party to pass the new Health Care Bill.

Congress would never have agreed to hike taxes. The Supremes did it for them.

:badgrin:
What's funny is watching the democrats try to run away from the TAX! Even insisting that SCOTUS was WRONG.

these taxes are their albatross'

The conservative wing of the Supreme Court, i.e., the one that people like you like to worship and like to claim are the true protectors of the Constitution,

THEY WERE WRONG. THEY said it was not a tax.

In fact, if Roberts had made that same mistake, the healthcare bill would have been overturned on a grievous constitutional error by the conservatives on the court,

and btw idiots like you would be then defending that erroneous decision to the death.

Forum List

Back