Poll 50% Don't Like The SCOTUS Ruling

600 people. I'm not inclined to be convinced by a poll of 600 people, even if it was run by a Democrat leaning organization.

Voters are reacting in broadly negative ways to the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the legislation known as Obamacare, a new Newsweek/Daily Beast poll finds, with a majority disapproving of the ruling, fearing health-care costs and taxes will rise, and preferring Mitt Romney to President Obama on the issue.

At the same time, voters scored the ruling a short-term political win for the president by a huge margin.

Overall, 50 percent of those polled said they disapprove of the court’s 5–4 decision, while 45 percent said they support it. Consistently, a majority of voters said that they oppose the individual mandate (53 percent); believe taxes will increase (52 percent); believe their personal health-care costs will increase (56 percent); and disapprove of Obama’s handling of health care in general (58 percent). Only 24 percent of those polled said that they believe the ruling will make the country better off.

New Poll: Voters Dislike Supreme Court

Not that it matters to me because justices don't vote to be popular....unless you listen to Charles Krautwhatever....who think Roberts only did this to preserve the integrity of the court (and if he did...boy did he blow that one).

However, it does have some thought provoking information with regards to how people might vote come November.

Romney needs to ram this up Obama/Axelrod/Jarrett's asses.

So why did Roberts blow it? Because the mandate is not a tax?

600 people. I'm not inclined to be convinced by a poll of 600 people, even if it was run by a Democrat leaning organization.

Hell no!
The poll I saw was one thousand people!!!

The poll quoted in this thread is 600 people. 600, 1000... nowhere near enough to stand on as accurate. It never ceases to amaze me that people don't bother to interrogate their source before they get all excited about the result.

• Thanks
Reactions: idb
Certainly does. We get to listen to you 'Conservatives' tell us what a great thing it is to have 750,000 families a year go bankrupt because of medical bills. And the rate in other industrial nations is zero.

We get to listen to you 'Conservatives' state how much cheaper it is to have people visit the emergency room than have preventive care.

And, most of all, we get to listen to you 'Conservatives' chant "Let him die, let him die".

how can you stop a family from going bankrupt without bleeding monies from other people?
How can you STOP people from visisting a emergency room with this monster of a bill, post armed guards at them?
How are you high horse riding people going to stop people from dying by stealing money off the back of the working people in this country

you all are full of shit, but you do have the commie talking points down

Hell no!
The poll I saw was one thousand people!!!

The poll quoted in this thread is 600 people. 600, 1000... nowhere near enough to stand on as accurate. It never ceases to amaze me that people don't bother to interrogate their source before they get all excited about the result.

I'm sure there's a poll somewhere disagreeing with you.

Certainly does. We get to listen to you 'Conservatives' tell us what a great thing it is to have 750,000 families a year go bankrupt because of medical bills. And the rate in other industrial nations is zero.

We get to listen to you 'Conservatives' state how much cheaper it is to have people visit the emergency room than have preventive care.

And, most of all, we get to listen to you 'Conservatives' chant "Let him die, let him die".

how can you stop a family from going bankrupt without bleeding monies from other people?
How can you STOP people from visisting a emergency room with this monster of a bill, post armed guards at them?
How are you high horse riding people going to stop people from dying by stealing money off the back of the working people in this country

Youch!
Turn the telly and talk radio off...quick!
You must have real trouble sleeping at night with all that on your mind!

Youch!

you should talk

Heath-Care Repeal May Not Be Great Politics, Poll Finds

In the heat of Thursday’s Supreme Court decision upholding the administration’s health-care law, Mitt Romney and his fellow Republicans vowed to make repealing the law a central plank of their campaigns heading into November. The vote, they said, could hinge on Americans’ views on the health-care law.

Early polling suggests the issue might be less potent than they think.

A USA Today/Gallup poll of 1,012 Americans, taken as a snapshot right after the court’s ruling, found the country evenly split on the decision, 46%-46%, but with independents marginally favoring it. Only a third of Americans, and less than a quarter of independents, favored scrapping the law altogether.

Perhaps even more significant is that more than seven in 10 Americans called health-care overhaul either “not a major issue” or “just one of many issues,” suggesting there is little taste for a revival of the 2009-2010 wars over how best to improve the health-care system. Just 18% of independents said it was important for them that the candidate they voted for also share their views on health care.

Heath-Care Repeal May Not Be Great Politics, Poll Finds - Washington Wire - WSJ

You Republicans need to keep your tempers in check. It's what the voters want, not what you want. Your leadership in the House really need to start working on things that matter most to Americans if they want to win.

Youch!

you should talk

Oh, OK, I'll just shut up then....

In the heat of Thursday’s Supreme Court decision upholding the administration’s health-care law, Mitt Romney and his fellow Republicans vowed to make repealing the law a central plank of their campaigns heading into November. The vote, they said, could hinge on Americans’ views on the health-care law.

A USA Today/Gallup poll of 1,012 Americans, taken as a snapshot right after the court’s ruling, found the country evenly split on the decision, 46%-46%, but with independents marginally favoring it. Only a third of Americans, and less than a quarter of independents, favored scrapping the law altogether.

Perhaps even more significant is that more than seven in 10 Americans called health-care overhaul either “not a major issue” or “just one of many issues,” suggesting there is little taste for a revival of the 2009-2010 wars over how best to improve the health-care system. Just 18% of independents said it was important for them that the candidate they voted for also share their views on health care.

You Republicans need to keep your tempers in check. It's what the voters want, not what you want. Your leadership in the House really need to start working on things that matter most to Americans if they want to win.

no it isn't what the voters want...it's what some of you want

No...it really is what the voters want. Obama got elected by a majority of American voters. He made it clear tha he would reform health care. He did and at the time of it's passage it was strongly supported by the majority of Americans. Since then the GOP and certain PACS have spent over 200 million dollars in an anti health care/anti Obama campaign filled with gross missrepresentation of the Act. It is true NOW after a fortune has been spent to propagandise against it that in general more people don't like it than otherwise. BUT those numbers are not based on factual evidense..meaning..it is all based on speculation not if people KNOW they have had a problem...just that they have been TOLD they have a problem. Remember all that nonsense about "death panels"? Pure bullshit! But many believed it just because it was said.

Me...I don't like to have my enemies picked out for me by folks that have a vested personal interest in doing so. Happens all of the time.. Hell if you interviewed Ted Bundy's mother about if she had a good son she would say YES. It matters who ya ask ...when ya ask em and if they have a bias. Most people do not look past the supeficial into the real what when where and why of any issue.

Last edited:

No...it really is what the voters want. Obama got elected by a majority of American voters. He made it clear tha he would reform health care. He did and at the time of it's passage it was strongly supported by the majority of Americans. Since then the GOP and certain PACS have spent over 200 million dollars in an anti health care/anti Obama campaign filled with gross missrepresentation of the Act. It is true NOW after a fortune has been spent to propagandise against it that in general more people don't like it than otherwise. BUT those numbers are not based on factual evidense..meaning..it is all based on speculation not if people KNOW tey have had a problem...just that they have been TOLD they have a problem.

Me...I don't like to have my enemies picked out for me by folks that have a vested personal interest in doing so. Happens all of the time.. Hell if you interviewed Ted Bundy's mother about if she had a good son she would say YES. It matters who ya ask ...when ya ask em and if they have a bias. Most people do not look past the supeficial into the real what when where and why of any issue.

The major factor in the last election was that Bush was loathed, and by association, so were the GOP. Four years of a left wing hack blaming everyone else for his fuck ups may well have taught the Americans to be a tad more considered in their voting.

You think Americans elected him on his policies? :badgrin::badgrin: They elected him because he wasn't a Republican. We are used to nominees promising the earth and delivering shit... which is exactly what Obama has done. It remains to be seen exactly what 'we, the people' really think of Obama. We will find out in November... until then, I don't think either side should be too confident.

Don't care much about polls on individual issues like this. How have the big-picture polls changed since the announcement? I think I've seen one or two, no change, but is there any clear poll indication that the ruling has made a difference?

Making an announcement on a Thursday didn't give the pollsters much time to get really valid feedback. Sensible people like time to digest information before they make a decision on what they think about it.

Voters are reacting in broadly negative ways to the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the legislation known as Obamacare, a new Newsweek/Daily Beast poll finds, with a majority disapproving of the ruling, fearing health-care costs and taxes will rise, and preferring Mitt Romney to President Obama on the issue.

At the same time, voters scored the ruling a short-term political win for the president by a huge margin.

Overall, 50 percent of those polled said they disapprove of the court’s 5–4 decision, while 45 percent said they support it. Consistently, a majority of voters said that they oppose the individual mandate (53 percent); believe taxes will increase (52 percent); believe their personal health-care costs will increase (56 percent); and disapprove of Obama’s handling of health care in general (58 percent). Only 24 percent of those polled said that they believe the ruling will make the country better off.

New Poll: Voters Dislike Supreme Court

Not that it matters to me because justices don't vote to be popular....unless you listen to Charles Krautwhatever....who think Roberts only did this to preserve the integrity of the court (and if he did...boy did he blow that one).

However, it does have some thought provoking information with regards to how people might vote come November.

Romney needs to ram this up Obama/Axelrod/Jarrett's asses.

I do wonder how the cost of health care can't rise with more people using the medical facilities we have now. Of course it was rising seemingly exponentially before Obamacare but I see nothing in Obamacare to stop that trend. What might happen, and I think this is the idea, is that the cost now will be spread out over all the people therefore the price now will drop to a person. I am thinking that then over time as a ships all rise with the tide every one's rates will increase except for those who obviously do not pay today. We will be paying more and the drug companies and health care complex will be making vastly more profits. What does the health care industry care who comes in, all they care about is being paid and now they are guaranteed payment. So at first I see maybe a decrease but after that it will be little different then we see today. Actually it will be worse because we know that those who get free stuff abuse free stuff. I am seeing getting a doctors visit taking even longer and the service being poorer. Hopefully I am just being pessimistic.

They like everything in the bill. They just don't like the name "Obama".

Under the law as it was proposed.

Now that Roberts had to essentially rewrite the law.....and especially because of the question about medicaid, that might not be the case.

The law has not been rewritten and medicaid and healthcare exchanges are separate issues, with different funding methods. Did you study the topic?

Keep on that thought, junior.

Roberts reformed the entire basis for the law. It was rewritten.....even if the wording hasn't changed.

The other pieces might not be as separte as you want to believe.

So you agree with President Obama, that the mandate was not a tax.

I'm surprised you're not going after your conservatives pals who are calling you and the president LIARS.

No conservative has said it is cheaper to have people pay for those who don't in the emergency rooms.
The New Health Care bill still doesn't address the 12 million of illegals who go to the emergency rooms. We are still paying for them.
What conservatives are saying is that it is better to get the health care services cost down.
When costs of medical care items go down, so do the premiums. When premiums are affordable the majority will buy health insurance.

One person in the audience who said let him die is not all conservatives.

Forum List

Back