Poll: 22% of Latinos have favorable view of GOP

Prop 8? WTF? That proves nothing with being very conservative, and liberal with politics. Sheesh :cuckoo:

Do you know what Prop 8 is? It most certainly shows whether one is Conservative or Liberal.

New Survey Shows Hispanic Americans Want Abortion Illegal, Confirms Other Polls

A new survey conducted by a popular Latino social networking web site finds a plurality of Hispanic Americans believe abortions should be illegal. The informal poll confirms others which show a majority of Hispanics do not support abortion, would back limits and want most abortions made illegal.

Asked whether they think abortion should be illegal, 47% of the members of the SusOpinions web site said yes, 38 percent disagreed and 15 percent had no opinion.

The Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute polled Hispanic immigrants in the Washington metropolitan area in September 2007. The study consisted of 279 one-on-one interviews among immigrants of Hispanic descent.

In total, 83 percent of the Hispanics in the survey oppose abortion CHLI said and, even among liberals, 60% oppose abortion.

More specifically, 52 percent said they strongly opposed abortion and 28 percent said they were somewhat opposed to abortion. Only 15 percent said they support legal abortions.

Conducted by Miami-based Encuesta Inc., an independent market research and opinion polling firm, a November 2006 poll asked both Hispanic and non-Hispanic voters to consider which political issues were important in deciding their vote.

Some 64 percent of Hispanics said abortion was very important while 40 percent of non-Hispanic voters said abortion was important, a difference of 24 percent.

Harris Poll Shows Strong Shift to Pro-Life Position on Abortion, Roe v. Wade

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A new national Harris poll finds a strong shift towards the pro-life position on abortion and reveals the shift is seen among members of both political parties. The poll also finds a majority of African-Americans and Hispanics oppose the Roe v. Wade decision that allowed virtually unlimited abortions.

While white Americans favored Roe, blacks opposed it by a 58-35 percent margin and Hispanics opposed it on a 58-40 percent margin.

Now let's see, Anti Gay Marriage and Pro-Life. Why? Their strong religious roots. Both Conservative positions.

I lived in Ca. for 41 years, Dog. Do you think I know about prop 8? You can't take 100 pixels from a television screen and tell what program it is. There are some things that are liberal that I agree with and I would never call myself a liberal. The same thing goes for the Hispanics, sonny. Look at how they vote as a block in election after election, that will tell you if they are liberal , or as you say very conservative. :lol:

I lived in Ca. for 41 years, Dog. Do you think I know about prop 8? You can't take 100 pixels from a television screen and tell what program it is. There are some things that are liberal that I agree with and I would never call myself a liberal. The same thing goes for the Hispanics, sonny. Look at how they vote as a block in election after election, that will tell you if they are liberal , or as you say very conservative. :lol:

You seem to think that Democrats = Liberals and Conservatives = Republicans. Except not many Republicans are Conservative and not many Democrats are Liberal. Most of the politicians in the U.S (including Obama) would probably be seen as leaning to the right in Europe.

GOP back to square one with Hispanics - POLITICO.com Print View

In his run against President Carter, Reagan asked California adman Lionel Sosa to lead his Hispanic outreach, insisting it would not be a difficult task.

“Latinos are Republican,” Reagan told Sosa. “They just don't know it yet."

Sosa, who has since advised both Bushes and McCain, found that Latinos had too poor an image of the GOP to convince them that they were closeted Republicans. Instead, he pitched each candidate as one they could support without backing the party itself.

“We’ve never sold a Republican as a Republican,” Sosa said. “It’s never been about Hispanic voting Republican. It’s always been about Hispanics voting for one Republican.

Bush’s success with Latinos came in part from translating the party's appeal to white religious and values voters to like-minded Hispanics.

In 2004, Bush won 54 percent of Latino Protestants. This year, Obama won 67 percent.

McInturff sees the decline in Hispanic support for the GOP as a result of this election's playing field.

“When you look at the data,” he said, Hispanics “are overwhelmingly negative about the economy, they weren’t supportive of our effort in Iraq, and [they were against the party's stance on] immigration. Those were three very powerful issues.” He added in reference to this year's results that “we shouldn’t assume anything is really fixed.”

Sosa, who says he is done with presidential politics, sees the problem as the same one that Reagan faced in 1980.

“We are not in a very good place again. I think the Republican brand has been highly damaged,” Sosa said. “The Republicans are going to realize how much they need to regain what we have lost.”

Keep spinning, Dogbert, you lousy at it with your bullshit. Your not fooling anyone who is reading these posts. I'll catch up with your BS in another thread, your tiring me with this one.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back