PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

HIPAA didn't subordinate any state laws which did materially the same things.

Sometimes I think you're serious.

You're really, really bad at attempting to reframe the issue to your advantage.

There's no need to reframe anything here. You've admitted that federal usurpation of state functions is sometimes necessary to achieve the ends we seek. I agree with you. The Commerce Clause is a perfectly legitimate tool for ensuring the federal voice is heard in state insurance markets.

We may disagree on the ends but we clearly agree on the means. And the means happens to be federal authority here.

There's no need to reframe anything here. You've admitted that federal usurpation of state functions is sometimes necessary to achieve the ends we seek. I agree with you. The Commerce Clause is a perfectly legitimate tool for ensuring the federal voice is heard in state insurance markets.

We may disagree on the ends but we clearly agree on the means. And the means happens to be federal authority here.
I've also outlined a just and proper course of federal action, which was envisioned by the framers, while you're an unabashed apologist and pimp for forcing everyone into a gargantuan one-size-fits-all central monopoly.

Huge difference.

I've also outlined a just and proper course of federal action, which was envisioned by the framers, while you're an unabashed apologist and pimp for forcing everyone into a gargantuan one-size-fits-all central monopoly.

Huge difference.

He's pretty much left with word dances and bogus connections diametrically opposed political philosophies, since he can't defend what's being done on its meris.

You want to replace it with a gargantual Federal substitute.

I fully support allowing states to design, build, and operate their own exchanges, as long as they preserve basic consumer protections (e.g. guaranteed issue, adjusted community rating). Granted, the feds are spurring and funding state action--until now only a handful of states had begun planning or actually implemented exchanges--but the bulk of the apparatus itself remains at the state level.

A federal substitute is what the left wanted; that's significantly different than what's happening right now.

I've also outlined a just and proper course of federal action...

Right, rescinding state control over their own health insurance markets. We're on the same page here.
Wrong again...Freeing the marketplace from all monopolists....The marketplace belongs to nobody.

There really is no end to your cynical duplicitousness, is there?

PolitiFact | PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

Should have been called Repug-TeaBastard lie of the year. My X-mas gift to the Repugs.

I would like to thank morons such as yourself that blindly supported this asinine bullshit.

My premium went from ~ $350 a month for my family. to $175 a month.

just for me

to cover my wife, it's an exta $300, for each kid it's another $400 EACH.

I did some math and to cover my whole family I would owe my job money every month.

So congrats, you got what you actually wanted. What, if you can be honest, what you wanted. To keep my kids insured I have to put my kids on Chip, or run the risk that no one gets sick, ever. Of course, I am now adding to the woes of America.

But that is what you wanted.

TRUTH OF THE YEAR. YOU GOT YOUR LIBERAL ASSES KICKED IN MID TERM AND IT'S PISSED YOU OFF MORE THAN YOUR USUAL STATE OF PISSED OFFED NESS. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hmmm........ We are not posting in great big red font. Seems you fruitcakes are angry even when you win. Of course, if you really had any idea of what you want, other than for the rich to get richer at your expense, you might not be so belligerant.

*** I don't think that's being "belligerant" at all -- or a fruit cake.

What I do think, and I say this as a Democrat, is we flat have Democratic officials and Democratic policies, who and that, should have no influence whatsoever over this nation or our people. I sure as heck didn't vote Democratic to get all these ugly and unacceptable and very low caliber surprises. No way.

And an even larger font would be needed before you get it.

The American public continues to confront 2 anomolies -

1. The US government continues to spend greater per capita expenditures on healthcare than many nations that already have a public health system.
The net result is that Americans are in effect funding the equivalent of 2 complete healthcare systems (1 private, 1 public), and not receiving very good value from either.

2. Despite the conservative rhetoric about earmarks and cutting government costs, there is only 1 "red" state in the Union that contributes more federal funds in taxes than it receives in government funds.
At present the federal budget is the economic institution responsible for the most massive redistribution of wealth in America - from "blue" states to the "red" ones!

Footnote: The only "red" state that contributes more taxes, than it receives in benefits from the federal government is Texas.

Last edited:
truth of the year. You got your liberal asses kicked in mid term and it's pissed you off more than your usual state of pissed offed ness. :clap2::clap2::clap2:
Keep in mind that with a majority in the house, the GOP now has a rather inflexible "Tea Party" on one side and an expectation from the American public that Republicans had better produce some positive results in the next 2 years to justify their support
- or else!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back