Politifact website examines Trump’s claim that "Hundreds of Thousands" of illegals are in jail

Hey, Taco....

So you say illegals aren't more likely to commit crimes than US citizens???

Criminal Aliens 2012

The criminal alien problem is growing.
Criminal aliens — non-citizens who commit crimes — are a growing threat to public safety and national security, as well as a drain on our scarce criminal justice resources. In 1980, our federal and state prisons housed fewer than 9,000 criminal aliens.1 Today, about 55,000 criminal aliens account for more than one-fourth of prisoners in Federal Bureau of Prisons facilities, and there are about 297,000 criminal aliens incarcerated in state and local prisons. That number represents about 16.4 percent of the state and local prison population compared to the 12.9 percent of the total population comprised of foreign-born residents.2

Those figures are from 2012....

Now look at the stats for the federal prisons, compared to the percentage of the population..

U.S. GAO - Criminal Alien Statistics Information on Incarcerations Arrests and Costs

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) estimated that as of fiscal year 2009 the total alien--non-U.S.-citizen--population was about 25.3 million, including about 10.8 million aliens without lawful immigration status. Some aliens have been convicted and incarcerated (criminal aliens). The federal government bears these incarceration costs for federal prisons and reimburses states and localities for portions of their costs through the Department of Justice's (DOJ) State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP). GAO was asked to update its April and May 2005 reports that contained information on criminal aliens. This report addresses (1) the number and nationalities of incarcerated criminal aliens; (2) the types of offenses for which criminal aliens were arrested and convicted; and (3) the costs associated with incarcerating criminal aliens and the extent to which DOJ's methodology for reimbursing states and localities for incarcerating criminal aliens is current and relevant. GAO analyzed federal and SCAAP incarceration and cost data of criminal aliens from fiscal years 2003 through 2010, and conviction and cost data from five states that account for about 70 percent of the SCAAP criminal alien population in 2008. GAO analyzed a random sample of 1,000 criminal aliens to estimate arrest information due to the large volume of arrests and offenses. GAO also estimated selected costs to incarcerate criminal aliens nationwide using

The number of criminal aliens in federal prisons in fiscal year 2010 was about 55,000, and the number of SCAAP criminal alien incarcerations in state prison systems and local jails was about 296,000 in fiscal year 2009 (the most recent data available), and the majority were from Mexico. The number of criminal aliens in federal prisons increased about 7 percent from about 51,000 in fiscal year 2005 while the number of SCAAP criminal alien incarcerations in state prison systems and local jails increased about 35 percent from about 220,000 in fiscal year 2003. The time period covered by these data vary because they reflect updates since GAO last reported on these issues in 2005. Specifically, in 2005, GAO reported that the percentage of criminal aliens in federal prisons was about 27 percent of the total inmate population from 2001 through 2004.

current us population - Bing

United States Population
318.86 million (2014)

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/09/2...-of-growth-estimates-show.html?_r=0&referrer=

SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

About 11.7 million immigrants are living in the United States illegally, a population that has not varied much over the last three years but may recently be increasing again, according to new estimates published Monday by the Pew Research Center Hispanic Trends Project.

It appears YOU have some explaining to do. Maybe you can start with your Mexican Math....

Last edited:
OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. why don't you people upset over this just move to MEXICO, so we don't have to hear your whining anymore

You can live the good life in places like Tijuana

Politifact is a mega liberal organization spun off from the parent newspaper Tampa Bay Times that has endorsed EVERY SINGLE Dem candidate for President since Truman.

They are no "fact checker". They are bullshit spin artists for the left.

Here's some numbers for you taco.....
There are around two and a quarter million people incarcerated in the U.S.
Over 16.5 percent of them are illegals....do the math.
If you'd like I can do it for you since you dont appear to be to bright.
Link? Are those 25% inmates aliens (who can be legal or illegal) or...are they illegal?

The problem with the Trumpthink, is that it is based upon hysteria, and while there may be reason for hysteria, Trump misplaces it to get attention.

From a really good link that another poster put up.

This same problem exists with incarceration rates. The nation’s incarceration rate has increased almost proportionately with the level of immigration for nearly four decades. Figure 2 shows that from 1970 to 2007 the increase in the immigrant share of the overall population paralleled the increase in the share of the incarcerated population.
Immigration and Crime Assessing a Conflicted Issue Center for Immigration Studies

There's nothing to show that immigrants, or illegal immigrants, are OVERALL more inclined to crime. But, it's irrefutable that for some reason we are jailing about 600% more of the population than we did in 1970. I think that's pretty hysterical. But it has nothing to do with immigration.

However, I think it's irrefutable as well that the Mexican narco gangs have surged. But, that would argue for secure borders and registering illegal aliens, and expediting deportation for unregistered aliens. None of which Trump, or anyone else other that Jeb, truly supports.

Hey, Perez...

Don't know what you're putting in your tacos, but it must be some good shit!!!

Check these figures out...

Crime and illegal aliens in the U.S. colorado immigration law resources reference

BTW, thanks for admitting that some illegals are repeat offenders, too!!!!!

Well there it is --- thread over...

• In 2004, the federal government reimbursed states and counties almost $300 million for over 200,000 illegal aliens in custody in jails and prisons. This number does not include illegal aliens in jail in jurisdictions that did not request reimbursement (such as Illinois and Wisconsin), nor does it include thousands sentenced to probation instead of jail time.
Sure -- you COULD argue about how many are repeat offenders --- but the 100,000 criminal illegals that the authorities just can't FIND -- would make up for that.

If you WANT liberal (in the good sense) immigration policy -- you've got to FIRST stop IGNORING the magnitude of problem caused by NOT controlling the borders.. And -- I'm for both of those things.. FYI

Link? Are those 25% inmates aliens (who can be legal or illegal) or...are they illegal?

Thats 16.5%. I made an error 25% represents federal prisoners who are illegals.
So 16.5% of the total population of 2.25 million are illegal aliens.

Link?

Link?

Link?

Link?

This is a very interesting article on your compadres....
Illegal Alien Crime and Violence by the Numbers We re All Victims The Constitution Party

100 most wanted in Los Angelas

All Most Wanted - Los Angeles Police Department

Looks like a wet back reunion
What happens when you have sanctuary cities...
Sanctuary Cities in Los Angeles County

"Sanctuary" Cities in Los Angeles County

Despite federal law (the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996) requiring local government to cooperate with the Department of Homeland Security, some cities across the United States have adopted what are commonly known as "sanctuary policies." These generally direct city employees not to notify the federal government of the presence of illegal immigrants living in their communities. These policies do not make a distinction between legal and illegal residents, often allowing illegal immigrants to fully benefit from city services. The 15 cities in Los Angeles County listed below are identified as having adopted variations of these policies.

Bell Gardens
City of Industry
City of Commerce
Downey
Lakewood
Los Angeles
Long Beach
Lynwood
Maywood
Montebello
Norwalk
Paramount
Pico Rivera
South Gate
Vernon

The statement was rated "mostly false", as Trump presented "No data" to back up the statistic.
In other words, Trump made that up.
Trump immigration claim has no data to back it up PolitiFact
In this thread I ask you to discuss the possible reasons why Trump makes stuff up.

Politifact is a bullshit partisan site - they have no more credibility than DailyKOS.

{Today, about 55,000 criminal aliens account for more than one-fourth of prisoners in Federal Bureau of Prisons facilities, and there are about 297,000 criminal aliens incarcerated in state and local prisons. That number represents about 16.4 percent of the state and local prison population compared to the 12.9 percent of the total population comprised of foreign-born residents.}

Criminal Aliens 2012

Link?

Link?

This is a very interesting article on your compadres....
Illegal Alien Crime and Violence by the Numbers We re All Victims The Constitution Party
The article you linked to doesn't have the statistics you mentioned. Link?

The statement was rated "mostly false", as Trump presented "No data" to back up the statistic.
In other words, Trump made that up.
Trump immigration claim has no data to back it up PolitiFact
In this thread I ask you to discuss the possible reasons why Trump makes stuff up.

Politifact is a bullshit partisan site - they have no more credibility than DailyKOS.

{Today, about 55,000 criminal aliens account for more than one-fourth of prisoners in Federal Bureau of Prisons facilities, and there are about 297,000 criminal aliens incarcerated in state and local prisons. That number represents about 16.4 percent of the state and local prison population compared to the 12.9 percent of the total population comprised of foreign-born residents.}

Criminal Aliens 2012
Criminal aliens can be legal or illegal, retard. And I already pointed that out; yet you pretended that the only aliens are those who do not have papers.
Then you give us state + local instead of state + federal, which is what Trump referred to.
That means you are retarded twice

Last edited:
How funny the Politifact hasn't examined the Hillary. wonder why that would be?

they think she has never lied and is as clean as the first fallen snow.

just go worry about for your Democrats. THEY are the ones who lost Congress in a HISTORIC midterm elections under that THUG Democrat Obama and his snake party....
People are tired of you all foot stomping whining and tired of having to baby you left/libs

so panites out and move along

Last edited:

Forum List

Back