PolitiFact | Bill Clinton's night at the Democratic convention

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Former President Bill Clinton received a hero's welcome on the second night of the Democratic National Convention, where he spoke issue by issue to try to make the case for President Barack Obama's re-election.
Clinton claimed a victory of sorts comparing job gains under Democratic presidents vs. Republicans. "Since 1961 … our private economy produced 66 million private-sector jobs. So what's the jobs score? Republicans 24 million, Democrats 42 million," Clinton said.
We dug into those numbers and found his statement is True.

✄snip>

Related rulings:

rulings%2Ftom-true.gif
Says U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan attacked the president for "the same amount of Medicare savings that (Ryan) had in his own budget."

Bill Clinton, Wednesday, September 5th, 2012.
Ruling: True | Details

rulings%2Ftom-halftrue.gif
The stimulus program "cut taxes for 95 percent of the American people."

Ruling: Half-True | Details

rulings%2Ftom-true.gif
"Since 1961 … our private economy has produced 66 million private-sector jobs. So what's the jobs score? Republicans 24 million, Democrats 42 (million)."

Mitt Romney said we should let foreclosures "hit the bottom."

Kamala Harris, Wednesday, September 5th, 2012.

rulings%2Ftom-mostlytrue.gif
Women "receive only 77 cents for every dollar a man earns."

Diana DeGette, Wednesday, September 5th, 2012.
Ruling: Mostly True | Details

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif
When it comes to jobless workers, "Mitt Romney says he likes to fire people."

Jack Markell, Wednesday, September 5th, 2012.
Ruling: False | Details

rulings%2Ftom-mostlyfalse.gif
President Obama "funneled" $716 billion out of Medicare "at the expense of the elderly."

Paul Ryan, Wednesday, August 29th, 2012.
Ruling: Mostly False | Details

rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif
"Under Obama’s plan (for welfare), you wouldn’t have to work and wouldn’t have to train for a job. They just send you your welfare check."

Mitt Romney, Monday, August 6th, 2012.

Nice cherry picking.

Apparently, the AP was a tad better at ferreting out Bubba's whopper-packed harangue.

FACT CHECK: Clinton claims of compromise a stretch - Yahoo! News

"It takes some brass" for you to claim Politifact is cherry picking while posting a link to a cherry picked
article-----an article that contains this bit of nonsense...
CLINTON: "Their campaign pollster said, 'We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact checkers.' Now that is true. I couldn't have said it better myself — I just hope you remember that every time you see the ad."

THE FACTS: Clinton, who famously finger-wagged a denial on national television about his sexual relationship with intern Monica Lewinsky and was subsequently impeached in the House on a perjury charge, has had his own uncomfortable moments over telling the truth. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky," Clinton told television viewers. Later, after he was forced to testify to a grand jury, Clinton said his statements were "legally accurate" but also allowed that he "misled people, including even my wife."

WTF does that bit of yesteryear have to do with fact checking President Clinton's DNC speech on Wednesday night? If this is your way of attempting to divert away from former President Clinton handing the Republicans their ass --- it ain't workin'.

ass-handed-on-platter.jpg

Excuse me! I think this is yours, I found it at
Bill Clinton's
DNC speech on September 5th.

Nice cherry picking.

Apparently, the AP was a tad better at ferreting out Bubba's whopper-packed harangue.

"It takes some brass" for you to claim Politifact is cherry picking while posting a link to a cherry picked
CLINTON: "Their campaign pollster said, 'We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact checkers.' Now that is true. I couldn't have said it better myself — I just hope you remember that every time you see the ad."

THE FACTS: Clinton, who famously finger-wagged a denial on national television about his sexual relationship with intern Monica Lewinsky and was subsequently impeached in the House on a perjury charge, has had his own uncomfortable moments over telling the truth. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky," Clinton told television viewers. Later, after he was forced to testify to a grand jury, Clinton said his statements were "legally accurate" but also allowed that he "misled people, including even my wife."

WTF does that bit of yesteryear have to do with fact checking President Clinton's DNC speech on Wednesday night? If this is your way of attempting to divert away from former President Clinton handing the Republicans their ass --- it ain't workin'.

Face it...You don't give a fuck when the liars have the (D) by their name.

And I'm not a republican, tovarich.

Former President Bill Clinton received a hero's welcome on the second night of the Democratic National Convention, where he spoke issue by issue to try to make the case for President Barack Obama's re-election.
Clinton claimed a victory of sorts comparing job gains under Democratic presidents vs. Republicans. "Since 1961 … our private economy produced 66 million private-sector jobs. So what's the jobs score? Republicans 24 million, Democrats 42 million," Clinton said.
We dug into those numbers and found his statement is True.

✄snip>

Related rulings:

rulings%2Ftom-true.gif
Says U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan attacked the president for "the same amount of Medicare savings that (Ryan) had in his own budget."

The stimulus program "cut taxes for 95 percent of the American people."

rulings%2Ftom-true.gif
"Since 1961 … our private economy has produced 66 million private-sector jobs. So what's the jobs score? Republicans 24 million, Democrats 42 (million)."

Mitt Romney said we should let foreclosures "hit the bottom."

Kamala Harris, Wednesday, September 5th, 2012.

rulings%2Ftom-mostlytrue.gif
Women "receive only 77 cents for every dollar a man earns."

Diana DeGette, Wednesday, September 5th, 2012.
Ruling: Mostly True | Details

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif
When it comes to jobless workers, "Mitt Romney says he likes to fire people."

Jack Markell, Wednesday, September 5th, 2012.
Ruling: False | Details

rulings%2Ftom-mostlyfalse.gif
President Obama "funneled" $716 billion out of Medicare "at the expense of the elderly."

Paul Ryan, Wednesday, August 29th, 2012.
Ruling: Mostly False | Details

rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif
"Under Obama’s plan (for welfare), you wouldn’t have to work and wouldn’t have to train for a job. They just send you your welfare check."

Mitt Romney, Monday, August 6th, 2012.
If you actually checked the facts you would notice that those jobs were largely due to the tech jobs created while clinton was in office with a republican controlled congress. Bill benefited what would have happened any way. Without those tech jobs the republicans would have won the battle. Facts are funny when you really look at them, they tend to make fools of you dimwits.

Nice cherry picking.

ass-handed-on-platter.jpg

Excuse me! I think this is yours, I found it at
Bill Clinton's
DNC speech on September 5th.
Just providing facts to clinton being a known liar. Sounds like his speech would have been a great comedy show.

I love hearing both the left and the right bash politifact.

I've found them generally correct as long as you read the response and not just the meter.
Problem being that even the well-known democrat fluffers at AP couldn't overlook Bubba Clintoon's bullshit festival.

I think he played fast and loose with facts, but I would have been more shocked if he hadn't.

Forum List

Back