Politics/Religion

Just a guy

Feb 6, 2006
I have been thinking about this:

It seems to me that -

Left is more open to Muslim intrests
Right is more open to Christian intrests

I can't find the logic behind this, but i still have that feeling. Can someone educated tell me I'm wrong or explain it?

Just a guy said:
I have been thinking about this:

It seems to me that -

Left is more open to Muslim intrests
Right is more open to Christian intrests

I can't find the logic behind this, but i still have that feeling. Can someone educated tell me I'm wrong or explain it?

Hi, guy - welcome to our little funny farm! My education is nothing to write home about, but I'll be happy to jump into the conversation with you.

Some students of human behavior say that we tend to gravitate toward the familiar. Maybe they're right. I don't know much about the Muslim religion, and I've always tried to be fair with it. But, this official "Respect the Prophet or I'll kill you" stance tells me that Islam is not rooted in the concept of man's free agency, and is - therefore - tyranny.

On some level, that's got to feel familiar and right to American liberals. They don't respect man's free will either. The bedrock principle of the left is that ordinary Americans are too stupid and unenlightened to govern themselves, regardless of what that quirky, bothersome scrap of paper known as the Constitution says. They stay awake nights trying to dream up new ways to circumvent the will of the people, for liberals believe they know better, care more, and are morally superior. They despise the American people, the American Ideal, and that maddening document that thwarts their designs. In short, the left are tyrants, too.

musicman said:
On some level, that's got to feel familiar and right to American liberals.

Hi there!

Liberals are left? Or did you mean that they felt it was to their political right?

Do you get the same feeling about left/islam or did you merely try to come up with an explanation here?

Also... the communists - not religous at all - seemed willing to accept Muslim Allies. Well, maybe they just didn't care. But I know that the Palestinian question attracts people leaning to left.

Maybe this is more of a tendency...

Just a guy said:
Hi there!

Liberals are left? Or did you mean that they felt it was to their political right?

Do you get the same feeling about left/islam or did you merely try to come up with an explanation here?

Also... the communists - not religous at all - seemed willing to accept Muslim Allies. Well, maybe they just didn't care. But I know that the Palestinian question attracts people leaning to left.

Maybe this is more of a tendency...
I'm unsure where you are going with this, but I think MM was saying that the left believes in 'control' of the 'unenlightened' which would be anyone then themselves. Same certainly has proven true with the communists, so you could be onto something here via the Muslims.

As for the Palestinians, so far they have shown themselves unworthy of truly meaningful dialogue.

Kathianne said:
As for the Palestinians, so far they have shown themselves unworthy of truly meaningful dialogue.

Maybe, but when debated they always seems get sympathies from old communists.

Okay, not always maybe, but like I said, as a tendency.

Liberal = Left? A bit confused about that.

Just a guy said:
Maybe, but when debated they always seems get sympathies from old communists.

Okay, not always maybe, but like I said, as a tendency.

Liberal = Left? A bit confused about that.
Giving the benefit of the doubt here, in the US:

Political Directions:

Right=Conservative aka as GOP
Left=Liberal, aka as DNC

Kathianne said:
Right=Conservative aka as GOP
Left=Liberal, aka as DNC

Thanks, then I know.
"Liberal" doesn't sound left. More like "liberty".
Conservative sounds old! Like "Conserved".

Just a guy said:
Thanks, then I know.
"Liberal" doesn't sound left. More like "liberty".
Conservative sounds old! Like "Conserved".

'sounds like' doesn's mean is.

Kathianne said:
'sounds like' doesn's mean is.

Yeah, I know. In some of these threads there are references to Democrats, Liberals, Republicans and Conservatives.

(Correct Left-to-right order?)

So I wanted to be sure.

Just a guy said:
Yeah, I know. In some of these threads there are references to Democrats, Liberals, Republicans and Conservatives.

(Correct Left-to-right order?)

So I wanted to be sure.
Pretty much so, but there are some libertarians too, who mess the order up. :laugh:

Kathianne said:
Pretty much so, but there are some libertarians too, who mess the order up. :laugh:

I don't want to know! :)

Are there smaller parties as well? Sort of beneath and supporting those major parties? Can US ever face the problem of a weak coalition, or will an elecation always bring out a majority?

Hope to make sense here.

just a guy. You got the first two switched. it goes liberal, democrat, republican, conservative. basically.

Liberal and conservative are the basic ideologies. Democrat and Republican are the official names of the two main political parties, which basically split along the ideological divide, conveniently.

rtwngAvngr said:
just a guy. You got the first two switched. it goes liberal, democrat, republican, conservative. basically.

Liberal and conservative are the basic ideologies. Democrat and Republican are the official names of the two main political parties, which basically split along the ideological divide, conveniently.

Okay, now I get it, thanks. About my little off-topic question: Can there be a weak sort of leadership due to lack of majority?

Also, do you have an opinion in the original question?

Just a guy said:
Okay, now I get it, thanks. About my little off-topic question: Can there be a weak sort of leadership due to lack of majority?

Also, do you have an opinion in the original question?

We can get a sort of gridlock in congress when basically equal numbers of the two main parties are elected in all spots. Our two main parties dominate nearly completely. Third parties sometimes tip elections by getting votes from one or the other main parties and bring notice to certain issues.

Re: the original question.

Many liberals (usually in the democratic party) think they're secular humanists. In america, being a secular humanist means fighting christianity. In fighting christianity, they use multiculturalism, which is basically pro "anything but christianity". This myopia and singularity of focus causes them to be unable to assess the true threat from "radical" islam.

Just a guy said:
I don't want to know! :)

Are there smaller parties as well? Sort of beneath and supporting those major parties? Can US ever face the problem of a weak coalition, or will an elecation always bring out a majority?

Hope to make sense here.
Anything is possible here, remember the Bull Moose! Ross Perot, uggg.

There are some that think a civil war is coming here. Myself, more convinced the DNC may well implode, sooner than later, with the vast middle spinning into something else. The left whackos will remain a permanent splinter group!

rtwngAvngr said:
We can get a sort of gridlock in congress when basically equal numbers of the two main parties are elected in all spots. Our two main parties dominate nearly completely. Third parties sometimes tip elections by getting votes from one or the other main parties and bring notice to certain issues.

Re: the original question.

Many liberals (usually in the democratic party) think they're secular humanists. In america, being a secular humanist means fighting christianity. In fighting christianity, they use multiculturalism, which is basically pro "anything but christianity". This myopia and singularity of focus causes them to be unable to assess the true threat from "radical" islam.

Very good info! Tanks. About the "gridlock" effect, it's really annoying. No coherent desicions are made. But that is common in many democracies.

Original Question:
That was what i looked for! Multicultural! It's the keyword for "We would have liked to understand them, but we can at least fake it". (Although in my opinon christianity is okay too for them, but never intresting enought - they already understand it).

Kathianne said:
Anything is possible here, remember the Bull Moose! Ross Perot, uggg.

There are some that think a civil war is coming here. Myself, more convinced the DNC may well implode, sooner than later, with the vast middle spinning into something else. The left whackos will remain a permanent splinter group!

Ross Perot... yes I remeber...

Civil war? Well some believe space ships are coming too. Anyway those groups always seems to get just a little too much attention and just a little more power than they are entitled to. Truely annoing!

Just a guy said:
Also... the communists - not religous at all - seemed willing to accept Muslim Allies.

Also, many Muslims fought for the Nazis in the SS Skanderbeg Division during WW2. Apparently Himmler liked Muslims as soldiers as they fought with fanatic jihadist attitudes on the battlefield (especially when fighting the godless commies).

8236 said:
Also, many Muslims fought for the Nazis in the SS Skanderbeg Division during WW2. Apparently Himmler liked Muslims as soldiers as they fought with fanatic jihadist attitudes on the battlefield (especially when fighting the godless commies).

Hmm, well as I said, I wasn't sure of this little theory in the first place. Maybe politicians use what ever religon suits them, for the time beeing?

Just a guy said:
Hmm, well as I said, I wasn't sure of this little theory in the first place. Maybe politicians use what ever religon suits them, for the time beeing?

No maybe about it. Politicians speak at churches. Ministers actually tell their parishoners who to vote for..not directly but..directly.

New Topics

Forum List

Back