Politics makes you weary....

I feel beaten down. Never in my life time have I seen the kind of things going on in Washington in terms of the politicians being bought and sold, politicians not paying any attention to the wants and desires of their voters back home, and such outright lies and half-truths. I've never seen the kind of spending that is taking place now - spending that the American people will never be able to repay. I think we are out of control and I'm just sitting back waitning for the crash to happen. I surrender. As a voter, I am beaten down and weary. I see no logic in anything coming out of DC. We are doomed. While our country goes down the tubes, the liberals dance in the street and blind to what is going on or just simply don't care. I'm waving the white flag. I quit.:eusa_eh:

I hear you! Spot on. It's like a drunken orgy is running the nation by committee.

Politically the problem boils down almost entirely to the two party system. It allows parties to select our candidates for us from their own pool of traitors. It allows them to monopolize power regardless of how mediocre or even disastrous their leadership becomes because the other party is as bad or worse.

And both parties conspire at many levels to limit ballot access to any challengers, use their positions to dominate fundraising, and frame the debates into choices between two brands of failure.

When are Americans gonna wake up to the fact that the parties are criminal conspiracies designed to at best subvert democracy and at worse hold it hostage?

Until they do, the present pattern of runaway spending and bankrupting of the nation for short term political gains will destroy us. Period. It's a runaway train destined to wreck.

The same crap was said about SS and medicare.

Why do you think other countries are more capable than us at constructing a system?

Many other countries have single payer systems and far better health care than us FOR LESS THAN WE PAY NOW.

Yeah... and Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are eating up a third of our budget and on track for bankruptcy.

See, the problem with you statists is that you're innately dishonest. You want Socialized Medicine, but instead of having THAT conversation, you're trying to trick people... laying down an infrastructure you can build upon incrementally while folks aren't looking.
It's forever a trojan horse with you people.

And bold hypocrites that you are.. you do it in the name of "Democracy". :rolleyes:
All the while knowing that if you came out honestly with your true agenda, if you left it to the actual democratic process... America will soundly reject it.

The only legal way you can have socialized medicine in this country is to invoke it through the amendment process. But instead... you try to back-door it in. And you wonder why people don't fucking trust you.

Last edited:
The American people wanted the public option you fool.

Its the corps (insurance cos) who killed it for their benifit

No they didn't. Insurance companies didn't put up so much as a squeak until they felt that the penalties would be too low regarding the unconsitutional "individual mandate". They want to finance their risk pools on the backs of the young and healthy.

But let's assume, for the sake of argument that the American People really did want the so-called "public option"....
Why wouldn't Democrats use the one LEGAL avenue available to them and push Single-Payer through as a Constitutional Amendment? :eusa_eh:
Surely, when Democracy is fully utilized, the will of the people will be paramount.

So. Why didn't Democrats utilize the democratic process they purport to believe in??? Could it be that they KNOW it wouldn't pass?... that The People don't want it? :eusa_whistle:

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Obama and Democrats' Health Care Plan

Favor 38.4%
Oppose 51%

This poll was not taken from insurance companies fool.

If you'd have taken the time to actually READ some of your cut and paste link you might have noticed this, from the latest poll, Quinnipiac, on the realclear list:

While voters oppose the health care plan, they back two options cut from the Senate bill, supporting 56 - 38 percent giving people the option of coverage by a government health insurance plan and backing 64 - 30 percent allowing younger people to buy into Medicare.

lol. Thanks for nitwittingly, err, I mean unwittingly, proving the other poster's point.

No they didn't. Insurance companies didn't put up so much as a squeak until they felt that the penalties would be too low regarding the unconsitutional "individual mandate". They want to finance their risk pools on the backs of the young and healthy.

But let's assume, for the sake of argument that the American People really did want the so-called "public option"....
Why wouldn't Democrats use the one LEGAL avenue available to them and push Single-Payer through as a Constitutional Amendment? :eusa_eh:
Surely, when Democracy is fully utilized, the will of the people will be paramount.

So. Why didn't Democrats utilize the democratic process they purport to believe in??? Could it be that they KNOW it wouldn't pass?... that The People don't want it? :eusa_whistle:

:popcorn:

what horseshit.

you really hate democracy huh?

No, liar. I oppose the two party system. It is designed to be antithetical to democracy. Even the formation of a single party is a deliberate attempt to secure an unfounded representative advantage. The two party duopoly compounds that subversion much further by eliminating almost all democratic function from the electoral process.

It's criminal and on par with election frauds of every other variety.

If you'd have taken the time to actually READ some of your cut and paste link you might have noticed this, from the latest poll, Quinnipiac, on the realclear list:

While voters oppose the health care plan, they back two options cut from the Senate bill, supporting 56 - 38 percent giving people the option of coverage by a government health insurance plan and backing 64 - 30 percent allowing younger people to buy into Medicare.

lol. Thanks for nitwittingly, err, I mean unwittingly, proving the other poster's point.

Why all the subterfuge then? Why lay the framework for single-payer innocuously in the Porkulus bill via a database of medical records, and then attempt to layer on the so-called "public option"? Why, for that matter, if they're so certain that government-run medicine is the will of the people... are they continuing on with a bill where it's been dropped.

Are any of you going to deny the "progressive" incrementalism right before your eyes? Are you going to claim you can't see the deliberate subterfuge of "Democrats" who are avoiding the democratic process by trying to smuggle their agenda in through the back door???

Know what I think?? :eusa_shhh:
I think each and every one of you statists fully understands what's going on. And I think you AGREE with it. I think you're completely okay with calling yourselves "Democrats" while you hack off on subverting the process you claim to stand for. Otherwise, we'd have seen a Constitutional Amendment proffered, and none of you would have supported anything less.

It should have been YOU who burned the Trojan Horse, you high and mighty Believers of Democracy. But it wasn't. Because you don't really believe your own message.

Last edited:

Favor 38.4%
Oppose 51%

Don't you read? Obama said this is exactly the plan he envisioned in his campaign. The public option was never mentioned by Obama. Care to prove me wrong? As you usually say, Obama was elected to carry out the peolpe's will. How can a public option be the people's will, if Obama is not working to get it?

Favor 38.4%
Oppose 51%

Don't you read? Obama said this is exactly the plan he envisioned in his campaign. The public option was never mentioned by Obama. Care to prove me wrong? As you usually say, Obama was elected to carry out the peolpe's will. How can a public option be the people's will, if Obama is not working to get it?

You're the one who cited the poll, you defend it.

Why all the subterfuge then? Why lay the framework for single-payer innocuously in the Porkulus bill via a database of medical records, and then attempt to layer on the so-called "public option"? Why, for that matter, if they're so certain that government-run medicine is the will of the people... are they continuing on with a bill where it's been dropped.

Are any of you going to deny the "progressive" incrementalism right before your eyes? Are you going to claim you can't see the deliberate subterfuge of "Democrats" who are avoiding the democratic process by trying to smuggle their agenda in through the back door???

Know what I think?? :eusa_shhh:
I think each and every one of you statists fully understands what's going on. And I think you AGREE with it. I think you're completely okay with calling yourselves "Democrats" while you hack off on subverting the process you claim to stand for. Otherwise, we'd have seen a Constitutional Amendment proffered, and none of you would have supported anything less.

It should have been YOU who burned the Trojan Horse, you high and mighty Believers of Democracy. But it wasn't. Because you don't really believe your own message.

I don't know who you're talking to; I would have supported a standalone bill to create a public option.

what horseshit.

No, liar. I oppose the two party system. It is designed to be antithetical to democracy. Even the formation of a single party is a deliberate attempt to secure an unfounded representative advantage. The two party duopoly compounds that subversion much further by eliminating almost all democratic function from the electoral process.

No asswink it is a natural process of people pulling together to strenghten their like ideals.

what ideas do you have that work,, so far we are ten times worse off then we were a year ago.. and did you ever explain to us why obamalama insists on letting 45 thousand people a year die for another four years????

What a huge exageration, to say the least.... we are NOT 10 times worse than we were a year ago...all HELL broke loose a year and 2 months ago.

Yes we are

I haven't read your posts from a year ago, but based on your recent output, I can believe that you might be 10 times as stupid.

what horseshit.

No asswink it is a natural process of people pulling together to strenghten their like ideals.

Health care reform doesn't appear to be a group of like minded people pulling together. A three party system or more requires cooperation.

what horseshit.

It is not the system itself that is the problem. It is the corrupt individuals who run it.

Immie

Forum List

Back