Politics makes you weary....

how truely blind the right is to the facts.

A few years ago, when Democratic staffers in the Senate were frantically poring over a massive Omnibus bill they had been handed the night before the scheduled vote, they discovered a tiny provision that had not been in any of the previous versions. The item would have given senators on the Appropriations Committee access to the private records of any taxpayer -- essentially endowing a few selected hacks in the Senate with the license to snoop into the private financial information of all Americans.

"We were like, 'What the hell is this?' ?says one Democratic aide familiar with the incident. "It was the most egregious thing imaginable. It was just lucky we caught them."
aut4cn.jpg

Is such an infantile, weak defense. And it never worked, even on Mom.

Plus. it completely belies the "change" mantra.

By the way, BBD. The only things in life that "make you weary" are the ones you allow to do so.

Personal responsibility, and all that rot.

Food for thought.

You know, as much over the years as I had learned how big a bunch of crybabies the rightwingers are, I have to admit that I was still unprepared for their post-Democratic victory hysteria. It has really been, and continues to be, an astonishing spectacle.

So for the record, you believe that Obama's massive spending increase will NOT make Medicare and Social Security bankrupt in the near future as predicted?

What are the retirees supposed to do when the US can't make SS (in ~2030) & Medicare payments (in 2017)?

hopefully you do realize that medicare and Social security were both going to BUST long before Obama came in to office? Seems a bit partisan and skewed of you to act as though this is something new with this administration????

I feel beaten down. Never in my life time have I seen the kind of things going on in Washington in terms of the politicians being bought and sold, politicians not paying any attention to the wants and desires of their voters back home, and such outright lies and half-truths. I've never seen the kind of spending that is taking place now - spending that the American people will never be able to repay. I think we are out of control and I'm just sitting back waitning for the crash to happen. I surrender. As a voter, I am beaten down and weary. I see no logic in anything coming out of DC. We are doomed. While our country goes down the tubes, the liberals dance in the street and blind to what is going on or just simply don't care. I'm waving the white flag. I quit.:eusa_eh:

Oh come the hell on BBD. Wallow in it for a week. Then stand up. Dust yourself off. Then go down and get involved in local, state, and national politics. Join a group that studies the constitution. Get involved. I gotta feeling the libtards are loving it that you feel whipped.

Liberals felt that the end of our Democracy took place under president bush, you guys thought everything was hunky dory, now you guys think it is the end of our nation and liberals are giving their guy a chance...it is a vicious cycle that our politicians play like a fiddle....imo! :(

I think what blows me away is that Democrats are so blind to what really is going on, they seemingly have lost all ability of reason and common sense.

It's impossible to even have a conversation with a liberal.

Liberals felt that the end of our Democracy took place under president bush, you guys thought everything was hunky dory, now you guys think it is the end of our nation and liberals are giving their guy a chance...it is a vicious circle that our politicians play like a fiddle....imo! :(
Who's "you guys?"

Broad brush generalization?

Liberals felt that the end of our Democracy took place under president bush, you guys thought everything was hunky dory, now you guys think it is the end of our nation and liberals are giving their guy a chance...it is a vicious circle that our politicians play like a fiddle....imo! :(
Who's "you guys?"

yes, it was a broad brush statement, I realize that there are exceptions....doesn't make it any less true.

Who's "you guys?"

yes, it was a broad brush statement, I realize that there are exceptions....doesn't make it any less true.
Actually, it probably depends on how much attention one was paying. Myself, I saw alot of dissent and complaining, and very little "hunky dory" and it's obvious this was reflected on election day 2006 and again in 2008.

A few years ago, when Democratic staffers in the Senate were frantically poring over a massive Omnibus bill they had been handed the night before the scheduled vote, they discovered a tiny provision that had not been in any of the previous versions. The item would have given senators on the Appropriations Committee access to the private records of any taxpayer -- essentially endowing a few selected hacks in the Senate with the license to snoop into the private financial information of all Americans.

"We were like, 'What the hell is this?' ?says one Democratic aide familiar with the incident. "It was the most egregious thing imaginable. It was just lucky we caught them."
aut4cn.jpg

This is fact I gave you , it happened.

The right said the world would end when SS kicked in, they were wrong.

The right said the world would end when medicare kicked in, they were wrong.

The right said there were WMDs in iraq, they were wrong.

The Rs said Sadam had ties to AQ, they were wrong.

The right said FDRs programs would kill the US, they right were wrong.

The right said nasa was a waste fo money, they were wrong.

The right said tortueing people would keep us safe, they were wrong.

The right said Clinton would take away their guns, they were wrong.

The right said Obama was an illegal, they were wrong.

The list goes on and on just how wrong your ideas are.

aut4cn.jpg

This is fact I gave you , it happened.
You fail to realize your failure in logic, your fallacy.

"Mom the other kid did it too" is a logical fallacy called "Appeal to Mom," in the "bandwagon" category of logical fallacies.

If you have a modicum of thought, you'll realize it's a self-defeating defensive deflection kind of argument. It's "so what, the other guys were just as bad."

Makes you look really stupid. Which in fact, you are.

Last edited:
It's impossible to even have a conversation with a liberal.
Baloney.

give me pastrami on rye and then we talk pinky
The sweeping, broad-brush term "Liberal" should be discarded. The vast population of Liberals are generally reasonable. It's the partisan ideologue morons such as "Truthmattersnot" to which you meant to refer, and this idiot is NOT a Liberal by any stretch of the definition.

See?

You were WRONG on everything you spouted for the last few decades.

Your ideas have failed and you think anyone should listen to your ideas now?

You guys failed, your ideas failed.

You crashed the economy ,allowed the US to be HIT on our own soil and then USED the worlds sympathy to do a war of agression built on lies.

You guys FAILED so dont expect any respect for your failed ideas

You were WRONG on everything you spouted for the last few decades.

Your ideas have failed and you think anyone should listen to your ideas now?

You guys failed, your ideas failed.

You crashed the economy ,allowed the US to be HIT on our own soil and then USED the worlds sympathy to do a war of agression built on lies.

You guys FAILED so dont expect any respect for your failed ideas
More broad brush generalization from a partisan hack moron.

Who's "you guys?"

Actually, it probably depends on how much attention one was paying. Myself, I saw alot of dissent and complaining, and very little "hunky dory" and it's obvious this was reflected on election day 2006 and again in 2008.

Yes, it was FINALLY reflected late in 2006 with the turn of the tables in the election...but this WAS 6 YEARS after President Bush and the republicans being in power....the last 2 years of President Bush, there were conservatives that woke up...but the first 6 years, or darn near it, they were few and far between....and I was paying attention.

The 2004 reelection of President Bush, seemed like the End of the World to Liberals, seemed like there was no hope in saving our country....2006 elections gave liberals some HOPE again, even before obama stepped on to the national scene....

it is what is....we are being played like a violin.

Do you now claim you left the country in great shape?
Who is "You," stupid? If that,s ME, you're way off base. I'm far more Liberal than I am anything else on the spectrum.

And you're still using Appeal to Mom not realizing how ineffectual it is. IT DOES NOT MATTER what the other kids did. What matters is what the kids are doing NOW. They don't get a pass because the other kids were bad.

See yet? I doubt it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back