The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
pfd.jpg

Is Nancy Pelosi really this dumb?

The answer:

As a door-knob.

Pelosi managed to get a bipartisan bill defeated by going to the House floor and attacking Republicans for the current economic situation, despite mounting evidence that the Democrats were at at least equally complicit in the current mess.

Even if she were right it's dumb, dumb politics. Not only did she antagonize Republicans, she couldn't even control her own caucus with over 90 Democrats jumping ship like rats from a sinking boat.

The good news is that the world did not end. So perhaps the "Fundamentals of our Ecomony" are better than anyone thought, that is except for John McCain.

A chapter from the video edition of Politics for Dummies entitled: "Do Not Attack Your Enemies When You Need Their Help":

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ey3ZlsmIkz4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ey3ZlsmIkz4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

WTF is this BS about "bipartisanship"?

If it's such a winning plan she should be eager to pass it on party-line votes and take all the credit for herself.

Instead, we have the party campaigning for CHANGE! on alleged Bush failures running to Bush for rescues.

We live within the confuscian curse of interesting times.

We should be very afraid of politicians like Nancy Pelosi who use the "gun to the head" approach in passing legislation costing $700 billion. Especially when the one calling for a bill is nonetheless, President Bush.

We should be very afraid of politicians like Nancy Pelosi who use the "gun to the head" approach in passing legislation costing $700 billion. Especially when the one calling for a bill is nonetheless, President Bush.

I'm against any bill that Barney Frank is given major credit for crafting. :eek:

this is the same bitch that won't let middle American drill for their own oil!

They voted because they didn't agree with the bailout.

So what you're saying is: in spite of republican spite, the so-called "leader of the House" couldn't muster enough support from within her own party. Even though dozens of republicans DID vote for the bill (idiots! Trancredo, included) enough dems voted against it to sink it and all you can focus in on are the republican members who wouldn't be bullied into voting for something the dems couldn't support from within their own numbers.

So what you're saying is: in spite of republican spite, the so-called "leader of the House" couldn't muster enough support from within her own party. Even though dozens of republicans DID vote for the bill (idiots! Trancredo, included) enough dems voted against it to sink it and all you can focus in on are the republican members who wouldn't be bullied into voting for something the dems couldn't support from within their own numbers.
I don't have a problem with those that voted against it or for it. I've no idea myself how I would have voted. McCain and Boner are claiming Republicans voted out of spite. That is unacceptable.

Now time to vote out the people who voted for this $700 billion bailout. List the people that need to be ejected from their seat in Congress. Roll call. Start with Obama and McCain. Or we can take Obama approach (him and McCain can wait until Nov 5, whoever loses, gone from the Senate, whoever wins, leads a better reform and oversight of the mortgage loan industry), from the bottom up. Whoever voted for this bill should be shown the door immediately. Resignation papers already signed.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with those that voted against it or for it. I've no idea myself how I would have voted. McCain and Boner are claiming Republicans voted out of spite. That is unacceptable.

no it's not. payback is hell.

Talk about spite. Too bad you can't muster an indendent thought about whether the plan was worth passing you're just looking for cheap shots.

It's a retarded plan to bailout retarded programs built by the same retards who wrote the retarded plan.

Talk about spite. Too bad you can't muster an indendent thought about whether the plan was worth passing you're just looking for cheap shots.

It's a retarded plan to bailout retarded programs built by the same retards who wrote the retarded plan.

that's the most perfect explanationI have ever seen. :clap2:

No spite on my part. I've been pretty vocal all along that I'm against the bailout. However, after listening to banks all over Europe fail this morning I started to reconsider my position.

no it's not. payback is hell.

Really?

So they think the bailout will help the American public (otherwise they wouldn't have considered voting for it, right?)

But they voted against it, because of what Pelosi said?

So they voted against Americas interests, because they got their little feelings hurt?

Poor babies..

Forum List

Back