Politico: Twitter Compare & Contrast

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
A bit mean, however considering what Obama has not done in the past few days...

Patterico’s Pontifications » Contrast: Iranian Protestors Shot As Obama Goes for Ice Cream

6/20/2009
Contrast: Iranian Protestors Shot As Obama Goes for Ice Cream
Filed under: General — Patterico @ 3:36 pm
Here are some Twitter messages I saw today from Change_for_Iran, a pro-Mousavi Iranian student, and Mark Knoller, CBS News White House Correspondent:

Change_for_Iran:
change-for-iran-1.jpg

Knoller:
knoller-1.jpg

Change_for_Iran:
change-for-iran-2.jpg

Knoller:
knoller-2.jpg

Change_for_Iran:
change-for-iran-31.jpg

Knoller:
knoller-3.jpg

Change_for_Iran:
change-for-iran-4.jpg

Knoller:
knoller-4.jpg

Change_for_Iran:
change-for-iran-5.jpg

Knoller:
knoller-5.jpg

Everybody “laffing”?

Like I said, twas a tad snarky, but seems others saw the humor:

A load of whining right wing nonsense.

We're used to it.

Obama's hair is already going grey. The pressure on him, on anyone, in this office is beyond the scope of the rest of us to understand.

There has to be sense of unreality to anyone in the position. Should I bomb that despot? I wonder what kind of flowers I should order for the anniversay.

Life has to go on.

A load of whining right wing nonsense.

We're used to it.

Obama's hair is already going grey.

He is 46, ya know.

The pressure on him, on anyone, in this office is beyond the scope of the rest of us to understand.

No doubt...assuming they're taking their jobs seriously.

There has to be sense of unreality to anyone in the position. Should I bomb that despot? I wonder what kind of flowers I should order for the anniversay.

Life has to go on.

He has advisors. Possibly some of them are also florists

A bit mean, however considering what Obama has not done in the past few days...

what has he not done? been an incompetent overly aggressive neo-con jerk who's tone deaf to the political implications of his statements like his predecessor?

:cool:

Been absent on the first freedom issue to come he way. He's a loser. Big L.

Considering the role of intervention by previous U.S. administrations in the country with the "freedom issue" in destroying parliamentary democracy and empowering authoritarian dictatorship, perhaps it's not his place.

no he hasn't... and every normal conservative agrees that he hit exactly the proper tone.

or, like i said, should he be thumping around so that the iran issue becomes a US/Israel issue instead of an INTERNAL IRANI issue?

that's what we got rid of... why would we want that type of stupidity again?

no he hasn't... and every normal conservative agrees that he hit exactly the proper tone.

or, like i said, should he be thumping around so that the iran issue becomes a US/Israel issue instead of an INTERNAL IRANI issue?

that's what we got rid of... why would we want that type of stupidity again?

Lies from start to finish. Jillian, I expected better from you, you've turned into a hack that leaves kids in the street, dead.

Obama lacks conviction on issues dealing with life and death and democracy. Tough decisions must be made. He cannot make everyone happy and yet that seems to behis goal. 20% of america is liberal. Seems to me supporting democracy around the world would be to his advantage. His actions tend to be socialized to the point of not offending any muslim leader. Take an american stand once would be good.

Obama lacks conviction on issues dealing with life and death and democracy. Tough decisions must be made. He cannot make everyone happy and yet that seems to behis goal. 20% of america is liberal. Seems to me supporting democracy around the world would be to his advantage. His actions tend to be socialized to the point of not offending any muslim leader. Take an american stand once would be good.

The role that American interventionist policies have typically played in Iran is a thoroughly anti-democratic one that involved the removal of an elected prime minister and parliamentary government. It's as a result of that legacy that further intervention, even so trivial a form of intervention as verbal condemnation, is neither desired nor necessary, as it does not constitute a substantive action anyway.

Forum List

Back