Politico: Atheists Win in a Landslide

Glensather

Gothic Vampires
Nov 10, 2012
World 1-1
"The group says that the majority of nonbelievers voted for Obama by 70 percent to 26 percent and that “Obama won more than half of those who seldom or never attend religious services, and a full 70 percent of the religiously unaffiliated, according to CNN’s exit polls.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83595.html#ixzz2C2KtmoXB

So would you say that a big reason that Obama won is because most non-Christian and Atheists don't like how the Republican party seems to be aligned primarily with the so-called "Christian Right"?

I'd respect atheists more if they didn't run around badgering people to show Christian charity and compassion.

obama won because there are more takers than makers. A lot of those takers are atheists who do not adhere to Christian principles of self reliance.

A lot of those takers are atheists who do not adhere to Christian principles of self reliance.

I resent that. Self-reliance isn't a Christian principle, it's a human principle.

Ok. Whatever.

LOL

Haha, you can't win them all.
That said, you're a very angry person aren't you? Not being critical, just making observations based off of your posts in other threads.

...maybe angry is the wrong word.

I resent that. Self-reliance isn't a Christian principle, it's a human principle.

Ok. Whatever.

LOL

Haha, you can't win them all.
That said, you're a very angry person aren't you? Not being critical, just making observations based off of your posts in other threads.

...maybe angry is the wrong word.

Godless humans eat their neighbors and steal their shit.

See: History of civilization. Or Detroit.

Hope that helps.

See: History of civilization.

Hope that helps.

Huh, I've never tried cannibalism or theft, so I wouldn't know.
That said, I can play that game.

Christians condemn anyone who isn't just like them. They think that they are morally superior and think that any end justifies the means as long as they work for an invisible deity that doesn't exist.

See: History of all Major Civilizations.

Hope that helps.

Christians condemn anyone who isn't just like them. They think that they are morally superior and think that any end justifies the means as long as they work for an invisible deity that doesn't exist.

Isn't this exactly what you just did?

:eusa_drool:

I have no problem with Atheists other than their inescapable conclusion that humans are the most intelligent beings in the universe.

So would you say that a big reason that Obama won is because most non-Christian and Atheists don't like how the Republican party seems to be aligned primarily with the so-called "Christian Right"?

No; I'd say Obama won when he won the bet Romney lost: auto bailout.

But the near Electoral College landslide came as a result of Republicans' overtures to racists, in thinly veiled ways that minorities immediately picked up on, not to mention being on the wrong side of women's issues as well.

But given the remarkable and broad coalition the Obama campaign built, all groups but White Males can take credit for re-electing the President, Atheists, too, of which I am.

My $0.02,

-K

Hope that helps.

Isn't this exactly what you just did?

:eusa_drool:

Careful. He may eat you and steal your stuff.

No; I'd say Obama won when he won the bet Romney lost: auto bailout.

But the near Electoral College landslide came as a result of Republicans' overtures to racists, in thinly veiled ways that minorities immediately picked up on, not to mention being on the wrong side of women's issues as well.
But given the remarkable and broad coalition the Obama campaign built, all groups but White Males can take credit for re-electing the President, Atheists, too, of which I am.

My $0.02,

-K

:lol:

Actually, I think voters were scared that Ann & Mitt Romney wanted to take their condoms and eat their babies! These after all, are the most pressing issues of the day... vaginas, babies and rubbers.

"The group says that the majority of nonbelievers voted for Obama by 70 percent to 26 percent and that “Obama won more than half of those who seldom or never attend religious services, and a full 70 percent of the religiously unaffiliated, according to CNN’s exit polls.”

Read more: Believe it: Atheists win in a landslide - Patrick Gavin - POLITICO.com

Yes and no. I do not see religion as indelibly, deeply embedded in the ideology of either or any political party. Yes, very obviously and to some extent many millions of Americans do an "alignment of beliefs" check prior to deciding which party or candidate to support, but overall I think religion is more a "transient" compass used by voters as simply a template to an ulitmate decision regarding politics in general. Both sides of the aisle must pander somewhat to the spiritual beliefs of their targeted voter base. I have no doubt that were a future candidate of the democratic party to run on an atheist or even "no particular" spiritual beliefs platform for national office, his or her campaign would fail utterly.

I answer yes to your question on the other hand in that I think a very large demographic of the younger American population is very sensitive to authority--to anyone telling them how to live their lives. In that light, Christianity and religion in general do with conditioned finality command one how to live. Add to that the automatic mistrust many youths feel for large, organized moral based institutions , especially those forced by their parents or community to embrace religion, then yes, it is possible that the party which, on the surface at least, champions an ideology of acceptance of non traditional behaviors the other side's moral beliefs do not and never will condone, and you have mass migration to what sells itself as the less oppressive choice.

Broadly, I think the entire issue posed by your question can be summed up as a choice for the path of least resistance.

Last edited:

Yet another growing demographic in favor of the democrats.

Yet another growing demographic in favor of the democrats.

Yep.. The modern Democrat Party.. the party of Godless heathens, sexual deviants, Communists and other assorted filth.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back