Politico Alert. BP Agrees To Twenty Billion In Escrow

Good for BP, but I hope you loons realize that Obama had absolutely no leverage on BP in this matter. IF they had wanted to they could have written Obama a check for the federally mandated $75M cap and told him to fuck off and clean the oil up himself and that anyone who thought they had a claim could sue them.

The right hasn't come up with an anti-Obama talking point yet to trash this?

Hmmm....

...I'll have to think up one for them.

No one needs to come up with an Anti-Obama comment, but since you brought it up, Obama's first name should be 'Anti', since everything he seems to do results in a 'self inflicted slapshot' to his own face.

Obama picked that "third party" who just happens to be a government official. But the government isn't really controlling the payouts. No, it's very independent.

Reality is that Obama is calling the shots and providing away so he isn't held accountable for it.

Oh, poor baby, you don't like the man appointed by Obama, go in the garden and eat worms.

This is the man who in charge of the monies given to the families of those killed in the WTC on September 11, 2001.

Are you daring to question the wisdom of a man whose first job was with a Repug? Or is it that you cannot stand the fact that in a 200-minute meeting, Mr. Obama was able to get Twenty Billion Dollars ($20,000,000,000.00) from BP, and an apology.

Hmmm....

Gotta be quick. They're already yammering that it "didn't work" for paying off the Valdez victims. So my question was okay, what would YOU do, then? I wonder what clever ideas the brilliant ideologues will come up with. Wait, I know. LOWER BP'S TAXES. (Just kidding. Presumably they know they're not an American company.)

Hmmm....

Gotta be quick. They're already yammering that it "didn't work" for paying off the Valdez victims. So my question was okay, what would YOU do, then? I wonder what clever ideas the brilliant ideologues will come up with. Wait, I know. LOWER BP'S TAXES. (Just kidding. Presumably they know they're not an American company.)

Oh, the idiocy is coming fast and furiously now. The funny part of watching the wingnuts here are the ones who are crazy enough to oppose Obama no matter what he does but not crazy enough to honestly be willing to defend BP...

...they get a delightful Hobson's choice. Either take BP's side in order to attack Obama, or miss an opportunity to attack Obama.

Good for BP, but I hope you loons realize that Obama had absolutely no leverage on BP in this matter. IF they had wanted to they could have written Obama a check for the federally mandated $75M cap and told him to fuck off and clean the oil up himself and that anyone who thought they had a claim could sue them.

I'd love to see them try.

Hmmm....

Oh, the idiocy is coming fast and furiously now. The funny part of watching the wingnuts here are the ones who are crazy enough to oppose Obama no matter what he does but not crazy enough to honestly be willing to defend BP...

...they get a delightful Hobson's choice. Either take BP's side in order to attack Obama, or miss an opportunity to attack Obama.

Which is exactly what the Republican members of the oversight committee are doing this morning. Right out of the gate, Joe Barton actually apologized to Tony Hayward for having to give up so many billions instead of taking the litigation course. He would rather see the "small people" have to hire attorneys in order to collect damages.

Obama picked that "third party" who just happens to be a government official. But the government isn't really controlling the payouts. No, it's very independent.

Reality is that Obama is calling the shots and providing away so he isn't held accountable for it.

First you bitch that Obama isn't doing enough. Now, he has secured $20,000,000,000.00 for Americans from BP, and you accuse the government of now being TOO involved. WTF?? Do your talking points have to contradict themslves DAILY???:cuckoo:

Totally agree.

BP could have told Barry Boy to pound sand.

What happened was that BP and OL'BO come out smelling pretty good on this one.

BP is putting off paying dividends for a year. Thats in the UK and investors here in the US. I'm sure that will be tough for the retirees who depend on dividends but BP is responsible to clean up the mess whatever the cost.

Good one for both BP and Barry Boy.

Good for BP. It is a start. Maybe it won't be enough, most likely it won't but it is a start.

Can't ask for more than that.

Immie

Obama is this generation's Hitler.

We have laws, we have courts do you really want the President to take the law into his own hands?

Forum List

Back