Politicians who Quote from the Bible on Abortion,etc

Disclaimer: I am not saying whether these are my views or not, just asking questions is all.

There are plenty of politicians who quote from the Bible from topics such as Abortion, Gay Marriage, etc. However, I wonder if those politicians will also be using the bible to quote from on immigration.

USCCB - NAB - Leviticus 19

"When an alien resides with you in your land, do not molest him.
You shall treat the alien who resides with you no differently than the natives born among you; have the same love for him as for yourself; for you too were once aliens in the land of Egypt. I, the LORD, am your God.

The problem with your bible verses is that they are from the Old Testament, When Jesus came he brought a new covenant. Jesus said in Luke 22:20, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood."

This new covenant was prophecied in the Old Testament in Jer. 31:31, “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah." It is referenced in 1 Cor. 11:25, 2 Cor. 3:6, Heb. 8:8, 9:15; and 12:24.

Of particular importance to the topic is Heb. 8:13 which says, "When He said, 'A new covenant,' He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear." The Old Covenant with its harsh judicial judgments is no longer in effect because we are under a New Covenant.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back