Politician - Trading Card Game

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
I have gotten a few people asking what it means ... well ... it's a computer thing! ;)

A new online card game I am working on, my last video game was popular on the net but got all fucked up because of the host changing policies so I lost the server and, having lost interest in developing it (the code was a mess, first full game, what do you expect), I decided to just scrap it completely. Got the host issue solved and the idea I had been working on for a looooooong time (decades actually) finally solidified. If you like the idea of trading card games but don't like Magic the Gathering style games, this one will be for you. It's actually based on politics. The image in my signature is the title image. The greatest feat in this one is not going to be the code, the program will be solid and the server will be fully tested this time, but the simple fact that I actually included multimedia ... and I made it myself. No copying any other images or audio files, this one is all new. I will post the link when it's done, not in my signature but here, this thread.

PS: This is why I haven't been posting much lately either. :cool:

May as well post the link now: Politician

It's not up yet, the game server that is, still coding. Just finished coding the card market, working on match code next. The game isn't as simple as poker, but not as extravagant as Magic the Gathering. For those who have tried TCGs before think Illuminati meets Spellfire. I don't want to give too much away yet. ;)

When I do start the server it will have 46 cards at first, adding more quickly after I see some players. I promise though it will be fun, and a great way to pass the time for those who get bored arguing on here. :lol: Like real life politics there are rarely any real winners, you just get ahead if you play your cards right.

Looks like quite an undertaking. Is this something that could be made into an app for iPhone/Touch?

Good luck. :thup:

It could be made for one, but I am not going to write it in Python, would open it up to huge security risks. Though I think iPhone can run Java applets, if so then I'll see if I can get such code written.

You should be getting paid for game design.

Not yet, this will only be my second attempt at an actual game. I still need practice with multimedia, but compared to my last attempt, this one is actually amazing me. The more I finish on it, the better it looks. Perhaps some day I will, but for now it's just for fun. ;)

Oh, special note I forgot to mention, since I am testing it right now the game server is actually not running persistently, but sometimes I'm have it running to test it so if you actually want to help test it, let me know and I'll PM you when it's running. ;)

Small update for those who care, the game is nearly ready for launch ... probably a week or two at the most. ;)

Play test?

Right now I have the server running for a bit, going to put it on full running and launch in a few days actually, if you want to see what the game actually looks like ... go to the site. ;) Make an account, then go to "Play Now" ... putting off the official launch date a bit longer though because I want to make certain the scripts are right.

Looks like quite an undertaking. Is this something that could be made into an app for iPhone/Touch?

It could be made for one, but I am not going to write it in Python, would open it up to huge security risks. Though I think iPhone can run Java applets, if so then I'll see if I can get such code written.
Actually, I think that most iPhone apps are written in Objective C. I was thinking of trying My hand at it.

Actually, I think that most iPhone apps are written in Objective C. I was thinking of trying My hand at it.

Well I'll be, you're right, I know you can write Python scripts for them to. I'll have to look into it, there may be a way for me to write it in Java for the iPhone as well,

iPhone ... not gonna happen for a loooong time, while it uses Objective C the libraries for it are still being cracked, and even then, Apple is the type to sue for "unauthorized third party software" and I can't afford the $99 for their license right now (tight budget for the time being). However, found out Android (Google's answer to the iPhone) uses Java ... so ... I may package up the client for that ... but the way I wrote the applet it may be a while. ;) Android uses Linux and has Java as the default VM, I love Google.

iPhone ... not gonna happen for a loooong time, while it uses Objective C the libraries for it are still being cracked, and even then, Apple is the type to sue for "unauthorized third party software" and I can't afford the $99 for their license right now (tight budget for the time being). However, found out Android (Google's answer to the iPhone) uses Java ... so ... I may package up the client for that ... but the way I wrote the applet it may be a while. ;) Android uses Linux and has Java as the default VM, I love Google.

Maybe the interested folks could help you with the license fee....and get production credits and a slice of the pie or something when you release it and become a multi-billionaire? ;) :D

Well I'll be, you're right, I know you can write Python scripts for them to. I'll have to look into it, there may be a way for me to write it in Java for the iPhone as well,
yeah, I think I remember hearing that java is supported on iPhones.

Well, that is interesting. With nearly 2000 apps out there, one would think that the libraries would be pretty gelled up by now. I started doing some java about 10 years ago, but grew bored with it. Maybe it is time to revisit that. I know that many TiVo type devices and HD ports use java pretty extensively.

Well, that is interesting. With nearly 2000 apps out there, one would think that the libraries would be pretty gelled up by now. I started doing some java about 10 years ago, but grew bored with it. Maybe it is time to revisit that. I know that many TiVo type devices and HD ports use java pretty extensively.

I'm guessing that when they first put the iPhone out they gave the libraries for free and didn't require a license so they would have some apps, Apple tends to do that, but when that happened I was homeless and didn't have a laptop ... well ... didn't have anything really, so I missed out. As for Java support, the only way to get that on the iPhone is with a jailbrake, which is risky to the user because it's illegal. I'm not for breaking the law and don't encourage it, so not going there. Android however is being developed by Google ... and Google loves Open Source, so they will likely keep it all free.

New Topics

Forum List

Back