Politicial views and why...not another right/left bashing thread

hipeter924

Not a zombie yet
May 5, 2009
Nowhere you can follow
Obviously people have different political views due to their experiences, what values they have been brought up on (or not on), what they have read that interests them, and so on.

If I was going to take my own views then I have been shaped into the way I am by government and corporate corruption/incompetence, parents that didn't impede me finding my own perspectives on existence and the universe, disgust at hateful or nasty people that make offers suffer for no good reason, and people that think they have some right to dictate how other people (and minorities) can live.

So why are you like you are? Simple question, and objective as I can get (noting that I am biased). :lol:

PS: I hope the Grammar Nazis can survive the extra 'i' in the thread title.

Last edited:
Well, I was brought up believing that with hard work and honesty one could get ahead in life...

Then I tried that out in the real world :p

Lied to from day one, and it hasn't stopped yet.

1) Work hard and you will get ahead.
2) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
3) Honesty is the best policy.

These are probably the biggest lies going. If you teach these ideals to your children, and demand that they live by them, you are doing them the greatest disseervice of their lives.

The real world gives less than two shits for you. If you turn the other cheek you will have two black eyes instead of one. Do unto others harder and faster berfore they do unto you. Personal information is used by others to destroy you. These are the lessons to teach your children so they can survive. Trust no one.

Yes, this is a jaded view of life, but it has all been proven true. Liars, thieves, and people who will throw you under the bus in a second come in all forms from every walk of life. They will all tell you the same thing in the end, sorry. There are more takers than givers in this world, and don't expect anyone to do whats right if they can benefit by doing whats wrong, especialy if they think they can get away with it.

These are probably the biggest lies going. If you teach these ideals to your children, and demand that they live by them, you are doing them the greatest disseervice of their lives.

The real world gives less than two shits for you. If you turn the other cheek you will have two black eyes instead of one. Do unto others harder and faster berfore they do unto you. Personal information is used by others to destroy you. These are the lessons to teach your children so they can survive. Trust no one.

Yes, this is a jaded view of life, but it has all been proven true. Liars, thieves, and people who will throw you under the bus in a second come in all forms from every walk of life. They will all tell you the same thing in the end, sorry. There are more takers than givers in this world, and don't expect anyone to do whats right if they can benefit by doing whats wrong, especialy if they think they can get away with it.

I have a few more:
4. The check is in the mail
5. just the first part, I promise...

6. Debt is okay so long as you can keep it under control.
^That worked for plenty of people that re-mortgaged their homes, now they have no home, and are living on the street in dumpsters. :eusa_eh:
7. Excess spending is good.
^Then reality hits, saving rather than wasting money on flash cars and homes is the best way forward (my parents were looked down upon for saving away rather than splashing out). I can say of my own parents if they hadn't saved up and worked hard they would be in the same mess everyone else is in. ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back