Politically Incorrect rocked!

I do enjoy Michael Moore. I'm also a big P.J. O'Rourke fan. I listen to Michael Medved regularly. How many of you righties in here would ever listen to a liberal radio show? How about reading a liberal book? Most of you won't simply because by their very nature Conservatives tend to be close-minded. Liberals by their very nature tend to be more open-minded. That's why most conservative talk shows, even Limbaugh, have contigents of liberal listeners. That's why it's hard for liberals to get into talk radio.

acludem

acludem said:
How many of you righties in here would ever listen to a liberal radio show?

I often have NPR on all day long, or at least until about 4.

I've seen Franken's radio show broadcast on the Sundance channel. More than anything else, it's just incredibly uninteresting.

How about reading a liberal book?

I don't read 'conservative' books.

Most of you won't simply because by their very nature Conservatives tend to be close-minded.

Actually by their very nature most Conservatives are saturated by liberalism everywhere they go throughout their lives. If they read their city's newspaper they get liberalism, if they watch the local newscast they get liberalism, liberalism in the high schools, liberalism in the colleges. You have to search out conservative voices to hear them. Why then would a conservative go out of his way to hear more liberalism? When is enough enough?

Liberals by their very nature tend to be more open-minded.

Hahahaha. That might have been true 50 years ago, but of course back then liberal meant open and progressive. Now it means communist.

That's why most conservative talk shows, even Limbaugh, have contigents of liberal listeners.

Just the masochistic ones.

That's why it's hard for liberals to get into talk radio.

Because only conservatives own radios? I'm afraid you've lost me.

No, liberals aren't popular on radio because on radio you have to entertain your audience and provide something new everyday so you don't lose your audience's interest and attention. Liberals are boring and offer the same tired emtional, illogical invective day in and day out. No one want's to hear that. Not even other liberals.

Like I said, I listen to NPR. I watch News Hour. I spent an hour and a half watching a special called "Rumsfeld's War" on PBS last night that was so slanted it was almost humorous if it wasn't such a shame.

acludem said:
Liberals by their very nature tend to be more open-minded.
acludem

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Thanks, ACLU. I needed that today. I appreciate it so much I'm even going to post some rep points for ya.

Have you considered doing a stand-up act? Let me know if you do.

theim said:
I can't believe how many people think because an idea is new, it must also be good.

exactly...here's a 'new' idea.

000033-01.jpg

It is NEVER a good idea to put a 4' wing on the back of ANY car not on a race track.

:vomit:

acludem said:
I do enjoy Michael Moore. I'm also a big P.J. O'Rourke fan. I listen to Michael Medved regularly. How many of you righties in here would ever listen to a liberal radio show? How about reading a liberal book? Most of you won't simply because by their very nature Conservatives tend to be close-minded. Liberals by their very nature tend to be more open-minded. That's why most conservative talk shows, even Limbaugh, have contigents of liberal listeners. That's why it's hard for liberals to get into talk radio.

acludem

Dude, not a fan of you posts... but P.J. O'Rourke kicks some major ass. I do read alot of 'liberal' authors. Like Noam Chomsky. He is a little insane (conspiracy theorist??!?!)... but I do enjoy being able to rebut an arguement from a well-read liberal. Especially ones at my school. Man are they pussies. I also enjoy throwing old ladies off cliffs and setting shit on fire.

JohnGalt said:
Dude, not a fan of you posts... but P.J. O'Rourke kicks some major ass. I do read alot of 'liberal' authors. Like Noam Chomsky. He is a little insane (conspiracy theorist??!?!)... but I do enjoy being able to rebut an arguement from a well-read liberal. Especially ones at my school. Man are they pussies. I also enjoy throwing old ladies off cliffs and setting shit on fire.

Don't forget the favorite byline, 'Republicans want to pollute your water so you grow three extra legs!'. Yep, every good Republican wants some good diversity in the gene pool. Can I have another glass of nuclear waste?

Chomsky is a nut job that you don't hear referenced much anymore except by aged hippies that can't see the end of the bong for the smoke.

'Nuff said.

acludem said:
I do enjoy Michael Moore. I'm also a big P.J. O'Rourke fan. I listen to Michael Medved regularly. How many of you righties in here would ever listen to a liberal radio show? How about reading a liberal book? Most of you won't simply because by their very nature Conservatives tend to be close-minded.

How about you listening to Limbaugh, Hannity or Liddy? Have you done so? I doubt it, from personal experience with your posts.

I once worked with a hell of a nice guy that was rabidly Liberal. He came to me constantly with the latest Bush Is Evil bullshit that you tokers in CA dreamed up next and I consistently proved it false. Eventually, he quit challenging me with his latest liberal crap because it always ended up being bullshit and wouldn't discuss politics anymore... that was fine with me, because he knows in his heart that he's wrong, so it's just a matter of time before he comes around. He's a smart guy, it'll happen.

Liberals by their very nature tend to be more open-minded. That's why most conservative talk shows, even Limbaugh, have contigents of liberal listeners. That's why it's hard for liberals to get into talk radio.

Perhaps one side has common sense and the other has fantasy theories? Do ya think that's the case?

Let's discuss, my smug little Liberal.

On one side, you have a host of people that air their political views on talk radio. The VAST portion of them are Conservative. Why do you think this is?

Perhaps because people that actually give a shit about this country and our government that tune in to talk radio are conservative instead of your local crack dealer / pimp / welfare queen?

Could it be?

Your theory is fucked. If people that were Liberal really gave a shit, they'd be listening to your heros all day long, instead you have failure after failure with Left Radio. Almost every one of them fails, where a right-wing guy flourishes with ratings and revenue.

Given that the last Presidential election was pretty much 50/50, where do you get your logic? Are you saying that Joe Blow ACLU Hippie would rather listen to Rush or would they rather listen to Franken?

Of course they'd listen to Franken if they could. If the listeners of that audience really gave a damn.

That's where the problem is. IMHO, the average liberal voter is uninformed, they're swayed by their ex-hippie college professors and the ACLU, and truly don't have personal, from-the-heart convictions. They honestly don't really KNOW, and are uninformed other than their uninformed friends saying that 'Bush Is Evil'. Because it's cool.

Rock on, you hippies at ACLU. :rock:

Every now and again I listen to Hannity. The other show I really used to like (until they took it off my local station) was Neal Boortz, who is a Libertarian. I also listen to a local show hosted by a liberal and a conservative. Limbaugh I flat can't stand. I have tried to listen, but he's so damn stupid. Hannity has a shred of intelligence and will take calls from Liberals. Another good talk show that is hosted by a moderate is Jim Bohannan.

acludem

Bravery is not one of the descriptinve terms I would use for those that murdered thousands of innocent civilians on 11 Sep 2001.

They most certainly were brazen, dedicated and skilled with a clear purpose of what they wanted to accomplish (much to the horror of the civilized world). There is no doubt, when viewed objectively that they "used" their knowledge of our intelligence and security systems against us. Those who planned the attack are the ones who are the most dangerous....it is easy to find blind followers.

Militarily we would have crushed them, but they "stole" an air force that could inflict the greatest amount of damage with the least amount of effort.

Forum List

Back