Politically divided home..do you have one?

Nov 1, 2014
Idaho
My wife is a Democrat leaning independent who says she's voting for Hillary. I'm voting for Trump.

And the kids are taking sides too. (you know...like in a divorce...) My 13 year old son is a fellow Trumpster. His 9 year old high functioning autistic brother would side with Mom even if she were voting for the Wicked Witch of the East..... Which she is.

The other siblings are too young to give a shit except the baby who gives many.

Is your house divided against itself? How do you keep it standing?

My family is in solid agreement. We're embarrassed to be Americans. Trump or Hillary? Good grief!

In our extended family of adults (29?), I can identify 9 solid Trumpers. A majority of the rest will vote third party. 9 will vote Hillary, I think.

Well, given that Hilary deleted 33,000 emails after being subpoenaed, and given the fact that there is a conscious media blackout of Wikileaks and any news story that is negative towards Hilary or mentions the fact that Bill has paid out money to his rape victims, we, in this household, all agree that Hilary is crooked and therefore will vote for Trump. No division here at The Pipe household.

My wife, myself, my #2, and #5 daughters are all voting for Trump. I'm pretty sure that my #1and #3 daughters are voting Hillary, and my #4 daughter is still undecided. She is in college and Hillary's lie about college tuition is tempting her despite the fact that I told her it was a lie.

Yes

area-rugs.jpg

No division in my house.
Of course we're both intelligent enough to see just how crooked liberals are.
. . . and conservatives. That's the problem. John Adams would not describe us as a "virtuous people."

Well yeah if you're referring to the establishment GOP.
They are no different than the dems,all in with the globalist agenda.

No division in my house.
. . . and conservatives. That's the problem. John Adams would not describe us as a "virtuous people."

We are talking about the lack of virtue in the far/alt right.

No division in my house.

We are talking about the lack of virtue in the far/alt right.

No I wasn't. You being a leftist and all maybe you were trying to imply that.

My wife is a Democrat leaning independent who says she's voting for Hillary. I'm voting for Trump.

And the kids are taking sides too. (you know...like in a divorce...) My 13 year old son is a fellow Trumpster. His 9 year old high functioning autistic brother would side with Mom even if she were voting for the Wicked Witch of the East..... Which she is.

The other siblings are too young to give a shit except the baby who gives many.

Is your house divided against itself? How do you keep it standing?

Good question. I'm surprised not much interest. When we first heard that Trump was running we were all so excited. I thought we can all go back as a republican again. Maybe a week or 2 later we were all turned off. So my whole clan is voting for Hillary.
Extended family about 80 qualified to vote. Seven of them are voting for Trump but some will not vote at all.

My wife, myself, my #2, and #5 daughters are all voting for Trump. I'm pretty sure that my #1and #3 daughters are voting Hillary, and my #4 daughter is still undecided. She is in college and Hillary's lie about college tuition is tempting her despite the fact that I told her it was a lie.
My wife can't stand Hillary and hates the choices this election, but she thinks Trump is unstable. I liken it to the breakup of the Soviet Union. Many Russians wanted an immediate restoration of a totalitarian government in preference to the seeming anarchy that overtook the country. Many people are like my wife, preferring the stability of despotism over the unpredictability of liberty.

Forum List

Back