Political yard signs

Sherry

You're not the boss of me
Mar 28, 2009
some beach
I'm 40 miles north of Tampa. We've had lots of local political yard signs for over a month now, but haven't seen any presidential signs. Today Romney/Ryan signs sprouted up. I counted 15 on the way to the store and then driving around my neighborhood. Only one Obama sign. Surprised at the lack of bumper stickers...I could count on one hand the number I've seen. So that's how my community is leaning. What about your neck of the woods??

I have been working Door to door since before 2008. I can say I have definitely seen more Romney/Ryan Signs this time, than McCain signs last time. Way more.

We have also had several incidents locally of people destroying, or stealing other peoples signs. Most of which have been Romney Signs.

So much for the left liking Democracy, and Free speech.

I think there should be a special law just for people who sabotage other peoples Political Yard Signs. It is an attempt to thwart their Constitutional Rights, not just a petty crime.

Last edited:
I'm in south west Arkansas , Texarkana . I have seen 2 bumper stickers & 1 yard sign for RR none for Obama . The McCain / palin love was thick all over the place .

All over in northern Ohio as well. Obama/Biden signs are sparse from Sandusky to Lorain, obviously I only get to see a small section but still.

I also volunteer here in my state for the Romney campaign and we have MASSIVE signs and bumper stickers everywhere. North Carolina LOVES Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan!

Last edited:
With Texas not being a battle ground state, I haven't seen any presidential signs for either side. I live in a rual area, it might be different in Houston, I don't go there much.

I'm 40 miles north of Tampa. We've had lots of local political yard signs for over a month now, but haven't seen any presidential signs. Today Romney/Ryan signs sprouted up. I counted 15 on the way to the store and then driving around my neighborhood. Only one Obama sign. Surprised at the lack of bumper stickers...I could count on one hand the number I've seen. So that's how my community is leaning. What about your neck of the woods??

Maybe the "swing" state of Florida ain't swinging as much as Mr Obama desires.
No presidential election signs in my neighborhood.

It's an odd thing I suppose... I've seen less than a half dozen bumper stickers for Presidential candidates this election season. I've seen a couple of Obama bumper stickers and a couple of Romney stickers but all total I've seen less than a half dozen. Kind of odd, huh?

It's an odd thing I suppose... I've seen less than a half dozen bumper stickers for Presidential candidates this election season. I've seen a couple of Obama bumper stickers and a couple of Romney stickers but all total I've seen less than a half dozen. Kind of odd, huh?

There's just a few Obama stickers because there is less Obama support. There are few Romney stickers because people don't wan't to get their cars keyed and the windows smashed in.

I was just commenting about this the other day. I see many congressional and governor signs but hardly any presidential signs. In fact I saw my first Obama sign today in someone's window “Forward!” I have only seen one or two Romney signs. I have seen a few bumper stickers but not many.

I assumed the lack meant many think Obama is a shoe in to be honest. We are in a blue state.

A majority of Romney signs in my area, which I thought was odd, but there are far more Obama bumper stickers.

Forum List

Back