Political Trolls Get Paid to Dumb Down Online Conversations?

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Paid members / multi users vomiting all over political message boards..
Just be aware that this happens all over the internet too.

What is astroturfing?
Astroturfing is the attempt to create an impression of widespread support for a policy, individual, or product, where little such support exists.

Multiple online identities and fake pressure groups are used to mislead the public into believing that the position of the astroturfer is the commonly held view.

Paid Gov't and Corporate Internet Trolls Are Real

Fake forum comments are 'eroding' trust in the web - BBC News

they got them everywhere on message boards.many of them have infiltrated this board and many others as well. there is this one government paid shill named soupnazi who has a boss that sends him to troll about the JFK assassination on several message boards everywhere including this one. He comes here everyday trolling on the JFK thread in the conspiracy section How stupid can you get being so transparent that you are an evil troll advertising it with the dead give away NAZI.:lmao::haha::rolleyes:

What is astroturfing?
Astroturfing is the attempt to create an impression of widespread support for a policy, individual, or product, where little such support exists.

Multiple online identities and fake pressure groups are used to mislead the public into believing that the position of the astroturfer is the commonly held view.

The problem is that it's not working on USMB. None of the Liberals are posting anything that supports any Democrat candidate's platform. All we see from the Liberal side are smears against the Republican candidates. Unless the Liberals actually put forth arguments made by the Democrat candidates on the actual issues, their smear campaigns profit them nothing.

Related are the far right "news" reports from sources shown to repeatedly lie. Brietbart, WND, Fox etc.

Oddly, no matter how often it is proven they lie, the more the right embraces them.

Right now, I would bet that the RWNJs on this board actually believe Jade Helm is some sort of secret attack on the US, that there are training camps, thousands of refugees have been dumped in various cities, the ridiculous story of Syrians being caught on the southern border and more.

My all time fave - the prayer rug being found on the border.

The problem is that it's not working on USMB. None of the Liberals are posting anything that supports any Democrat candidate's platform. All we see from the Liberal side are smears against the Republican candidates. Unless the Liberals actually put forth arguments made by the Democrat candidates on the actual issues, their smear campaigns profit them nothing.

:laugh:

To think that it is not on a political forum is crazy.

Trump will win by a landslide. Thank you Liberals.

Off Topic! Nothing to do with thread~

Has everything to do with it. Has to do with my original post. Trump's platform has been posted on USMB and discussed thoroughly. Neither Hillary nor Bernie's platforms have been posted and discussed by Liberals. As I stated in my other post, all we get from Liberals is a smear campaign against the Republican candidates. Based upon the lack of substance in either of the Democrat Party's candidates' platforms and jugging from the polls, Trump is soaring to the top on ISSUES.

Has everything to do with it. Has to do with my original post. Trump's platform has been posted on USMB and discussed thoroughly. Neither Hillary nor Bernie's platforms have been posted and discussed by Liberals. As I stated in my other post, all we get from Liberals is a smear campaign against the Republican candidates. Based upon the lack of substance in either of the Democrat Party's candidates' platforms and jugging from the polls, Trump is soaring to the top on ISSUES.

Hint Every morning for the last week there is a member creating multiple threads that are lies or half truths , it is so obvious.
I am sure that there are paid posters on the left as well.
BTW: big clue is they just joined in the last few months and are making thread after thread.

Drumpf doesn't have a "platform". He has bluster, lies about The Wall and he's "gonna be the best" at everything. THAT is what low-info RWNJs want.

Drumpf doesn't have a "platform". He has bluster, lies about The Wall and he's "gonna be the best" at everything. THAT is what low-info RWNJs want.

So, what does YOUR candidate have to offer the American people?

What is astroturfing?

If that's the case, some serious money is being made.

:laugh:

Related are the far right "news" reports from sources shown to repeatedly lie. Brietbart, WND, Fox etc.

Oddly, no matter how often it is proven they lie, the more the right embraces them.

Right now, I would bet that the RWNJs on this board actually believe Jade Helm is some sort of secret attack on the US, that there are training camps, thousands of refugees have been dumped in various cities, the ridiculous story of Syrians being caught on the southern border and more.

My all time fave - the prayer rug being found on the border.

Of the trolls references, it is more than clear that YOU are one of them! :ahole-1:

I'm not techie enough to know how it works but there are programs that continually scour the net for specific words or phrases. Once they are found, the operators have scripted responses. That is why one so often seems the same post on a variety of sites.

There is also something that ignores those sites considered worthwhile acting upon.

So, they're so obvious that it's rather simple to just ignore them.

So... people can get paid for trolling? hmmm I've got some buddies that are expert trolls who could use the money.

Thanks for my "good deed of the day" lead :)

So... people can get paid for trolling? hmmm I've got some buddies that are expert trolls who could use the money.

Thanks for my "good deed of the day" lead :)

Would like to add that this it is coming from all parties... the trolls are masters in using the right text to bring the lies up in the google search, see it in the forums and people believe it is true.

The Political Omnivore: How Do I Get Paid To Be An On-Line Troll!?
Here is a confession!

Utilizing six artificial personas, I was active in social networks and bulletin boards. But since I came to love and respect this site, as I stated, I never performed my functions here. Each week, I and presumably several others, were provided with information to use in our online postings. At first the information was comprised of fully conceived scripts, but as I became more and more experienced, it eventually became simple bullet or talking points.
Keep em’ mad. Angry people, ie. rage stroke, do not think as rationally, IN GENERAL. Stoke their anger with talking points that they know inflames the “other side”. Get them so angry that they actually need to take a time out. It breaks the conversation, it cements divide and conquer, and it renders them as rage-filled lizard-brains. Of course this anger would have the dual benefit of being reawakened, next time with less stimulus, and thereby causing all of the above more efficiently. Use the people’s,left or right, own rage against the people themselves.

Forum List

Back