Political Spectrum

mattskramer

Apr 11, 2004
Texas
Is there a web site that places the Republican and Democrat presidential runners on a spectrum from ultra liberal left to ultra conservative right?

Is there a web site that places the Republican and Democrat presidential runners on a spectrum from ultra liberal left to ultra conservative right?

Given how easily the majority of them are coerced into changing their opinions on key issues, would this really even be relevant?

Given how easily the majority of them are coerced into changing their opinions on key issues, would this really even be relevant?

I remember seeing a web site that had several politicians lined up from liberal to conservative. It included Reagan and even differentiated between Bill and Hillary Clinton. I guess that today’s contestants might be too close, ideologically to make that much of a difference. I just thought that it was interesting.

It depends on whom the politicians are talking to and where. Different stuff is talked about in TX and NY by the same candidate for sure....

Look at their past history, believe nothing that comes out of their mouths during a campaign.
Rember political ads are specifically exempt from the truth in advertising law.

It depends on whom the politicians are talking to and where. Different stuff is talked about in TX and NY by the same candidate for sure....

Look at their past history, believe nothing that comes out of their mouths during a campaign.
Rember political ads are specifically exempt from the truth in advertising law.

Yeah. It would be neat to see politicians actually keep their promises. The first time that I really felt burned was when Bush Sr. promised no new taxes. People who fail to keep their word really irk me.

I remember seeing a web site that had several politicians lined up from liberal to conservative. It included Reagan and even differentiated between Bill and Hillary Clinton. I guess that today’s contestants might be too close, ideologically to make that much of a difference. I just thought that it was interesting.

I know I've seen that one somewhere, just can't remember where.

Left/right isn't really broad enough. A better one is...I forget the name of it, but it's diamond shaped. Liberal is on the left, conservative is on the right, populist is on the top, and libertarian is on the bottom. There are "liberals" who are peaceniks focused on civil liberties, but there are also liberals who are authoritarians. Likewise, there is a good bit of difference between paleocons and neocons.

Forum List

Back