Political Scientist: Republicans Most Conservative They've Been In 100 Years

Looking at the chart, the Democrats are most liberal than they've been in 100 years.
Yet, what does the title of the article say?
Can you say "Journalistic Malpractice"?

Looking at the chart, one would have to say you are incapable of reading even a simple chart. The Dems were about 04 in 1912, and today, they are at 04 once again. The GOP has ran from 04 to 02 until 1992. Now they are above 06.

Dems at their high again (1912 and 2012 are the same as you pointed out) for the 100 years.
I didn't miss anything, I pointed it out. I also pointed out the article title that seemed to have left that information by the wayside.
But then, smart people notice the media bias.

Of course Carter clinton and obama are vastly left of Kennedy. Did you even read what you typed?
You contradicted me and then agreed.

I'm not sure how you throw Clinton into that mix. He was probably the most centrist Democrat president since Wilson.
Wilson wasn't a centrist, dude....He was a totalitarian freak.

The other day I was reading a biography of an american president of the 19th century, called Grover Cleveland. He was an ardent defender of economic liberalism (I mean, free market, minimal state) and social conservatism. He was a democrat! Today he would be a very conservative republican. So I don't think it's the republicans moving to the right, it's the democrats who today are much more leftist than they used to be.

Grover Cleveland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeah, darn educated people...

:eusa_shhh:

Not what I said.

Exactly what you said. Name one Scientific Society, one National Academy of Science, or even one major University that states that AGW is not a fact.

Thanks for exactly proving my point (despite ignoring your deliberate misrepresentation of my comments).

Climate change email scandal shames the university and requires resignations | George Monbiot | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Unchanging Science | The Weekly Standard

nominate-house_medians_custom.jpg

More: Political Scientist: Republicans Most Conservative They've Been In 100 Years : It's All Politics : NPR

Just how was the score on this "liberal-conservative" axis measured? I'm certain the answer to that question will provide fodder for a lot of jokes.

Evidently, the Professor thinks Republicans are freaky extremists for wanting to end trillion and a half dollar deficits.

Since the Republicans started the trillion dollar deficits, I hardly see any evidence of them wanting to end them. They just desire to transfer those funds from the taxpayers pocket to those of their wealthy clients.

Wrong again, Rocks in the Head. Obama had the first $trillion dollar deficit.

Here we go again with somehow like magic Government grows by leaps and bounds (in this case under Republican control), spending is beyond what it has ever been before and "Small Government" gets the blame.

By policy, if you just go off policy Republicans today are Progressive liberals at best. That graph shows Republicans as being more conservatives today than Oh lets say in 1920 when Harding was President, cut taxes and cut massive spending, did no bailouts, stimulus or starting of new giant Government programs... I call absolute and utter bullshit.

List me the top 5 most “conservative” things done under Bush… Then I’ll give the top five most Progressive liberal things done under Bush and Destroy any chance that man had of ever claiming he was “conservative.”

Here we go again with somehow like magic Government grows by leaps and bounds (in this case under Republican control), spending is beyond what it has ever been before and "Small Government" gets the blame.

By policy, if you just go off policy Republicans today are Progressive liberals at best. That graph shows Republicans as being more conservatives today than Oh lets say in 1920 when Harding was President, cut taxes and cut massive spending, did no bailouts, stimulus or starting of new giant Government programs... I call absolute and utter bullshit.

List me the top 5 most “conservative” things done under Bush… Then I’ll give the top five most Progressive liberal things done under Bush and Destroy any chance that man had of ever claiming he was “conservative.”

BINGO!

I know bullshit when I smell it, an this so-called "study" reeked of it. All these bogus studies the lefties trot out are bullshit. Nothing is easier than getting some hosebag Marxist professor to confure up some bogus study that provides "scientific" proof that liberalism is superior.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back