Political polls: Stupid?

SGdsn

Nov 15, 2009
Am I the only person who thinks most political polls these days are stupid?

It seems like we're constantly surrounded with them, but they don't really mean anything. A lot of issues that get polled aren't well-reflected by polls if they turn on objective knowledge. That's why it's so stupid when they poll the American people on certain components of the health care reform clusterfuck. Most people don't know the difference between a co-op system, single-payer, and a public option...so who cares if they support one of them? Same goes for polling the popularity of an individual mandate that people don't understand, either.

Polling institutes also poll popularity as if it means shit and it doesn't. The liberal MSM is quick to point out that the GOP finds Sarah Palin favorable by 70%>, yeah, so what? She's a Republican. It's not like they found out she turns tricks behind the Super Wal-Mart in her spare time, or that she touches children. Why wouldn't conservatives find her favorably? It's obvious the Sarah Palin smear campaign tactics have only worked with people who already don't like her politics.

I wish the media would quit polling all the damn time. They don't know how polls work, they don't know how to accurately report polling data, and they poll useless information 90% of the time.

Am I the only person who thinks most political polls these days are stupid?

It seems like we're constantly surrounded with them, but they don't really mean anything. A lot of issues that get polled aren't well-reflected by polls if they turn on objective knowledge. That's why it's so stupid when they poll the American people on certain components of the health care reform clusterfuck. Most people don't know the difference between a co-op system, single-payer, and a public option...so who cares if they support one of them? Same goes for polling the popularity of an individual mandate that people don't understand, either.

Polling institutes also poll popularity as if it means shit and it doesn't. The liberal MSM is quick to point out that the GOP finds Sarah Palin favorable by 70%>, yeah, so what? She's a Republican. It's not like they found out she turns tricks behind the Super Wal-Mart in her spare time, or that she touches children. Why wouldn't conservatives find her favorably? It's obvious the Sarah Palin smear campaign tactics have only worked with people who already don't like her politics.

I wish the media would quit polling all the damn time. They don't know how polls work, they don't know how to accurately report polling data, and they poll useless information 90% of the time.

You forgot to mention that they don't report poll information when it's bad for their hack

Forum List

Back