Political Opinion: California

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
Democrats have had control of California's Legislature for decades and look how our state has turned out, deficit after deficit, businesses leaving, sanctuary cities and lower quality of life for the residents of this state. Its time the republicans got a chance to run California, and I bet you the state would improve.

Democrats have had control of California's Legislature for decades and look how our state has turned out, deficit after deficit, businesses leaving, sanctuary cities and lower quality of life for the residents of this state. Its time the republicans got a chance to run California, and I bet you the state would improve.

They sure as hell couldn't make it much worse!

I've already voted. :eusa_whistle:

I voted too, I couldnt bring myself to vote for a democrat, the legislature clearly cant manage money, or run a state , unless its into the ground

I voted too, I couldnt bring myself to vote for a democrat, the legislature clearly cant manage money, or run a state , unless its into the ground

I think this is the first time that I have not voted for one Democrat. Right now, I wouldn't elect one as dog catcher.

honestly, word for word, that is exactly how I feel :clap2:

I think this is the first time that I have not voted for one Democrat. Right now, I wouldn't elect one as dog catcher.

I have voted as well.....every single Republican candidate. The Mafia has fewer crooks than the Ohio Democratic Party.

REPUBLICAN-ELEPHANT.jpg

the democrats: the party of the dead, illegal, and criminal

:lol:

I have voted as well.....every single Republican candidate. The Mafia has fewer crooks than the Ohio Democratic Party.

REPUBLICAN-ELEPHANT.jpg

Republicans have 'slowed' California for decades, learning in 1978 that cutting taxes was popular (well ,duh) the GOP has offered nothing but tax cuts, service cuts and gridlock.
In the 30 + years since Prop 13 passed, an inititate limiting property tax, local government has not had a stable source of revenue, the State Legislature has continued to fund state government with dollars stolen from counties, cities and special districts.
This is no way to run a state.
There are propostions on the ballot aimed at resolving gridlock, passage is problematic. I suspect California and the other 40+ states in fiscal crisis may need to hit rock bottom before a solution is found. There is no rational debate or cost-benefit analysis as the tax-no tax discussion has become intractable.

what ive heard is, prop 13 is taken away, many would lose their homes cause property taxes would go through the roof

doesnt california have a spending problem

Republicans have 'slowed' California for decades, learning in 1978 that cutting taxes was popular (well ,duh) the GOP has offered nothing but tax cuts, service cuts and gridlock.
In the 30 + years since Prop 13 passed, an inititate limiting property tax, local government has not had a stable source of revenue, the State Legislature has continued to fund state government with dollars stolen from counties, cities and special districts.
There are propostions on the ballot aimed at resolving gridlock, passage is problematic. I suspect California and the other 40+ states in fiscal crisis may need to hit rock bottom before a solution is found. There is no rational debate or cost-benefit analysis as the tax-no tax discussion has become intractable.

what ive heard is, prop 13 is taken away, many would lose their homes cause property taxes would go through the roof

Yes, they do. They have run out of other people's money.

It's likely true, many would loose their homes. Property relief for home owners was long overdue in 1978, and if '13' had been written to protect home owners that would have been fine.
Of course it was not. Real estate is appraised at fair market value when it is sold. Large corporations never - or rarely - sell property. Home owners do, so over the past 30+ years more and more of the tax burden has shifter from Southern Pacific and other large landowners to Joe the Juggler and his wife.
Large apartment houses don't sell, so they too benefit from '13'; kids buying their first homes are screwed.
My youngest son paid 300k for a condo, his real estate taxes are three times ours yet we live in a home twice the size of his condo and have a large yard.
Jarvis and Gann screwed the people in the interest of real estate investors and huge holders of CA real estate - insurance companies, shopping centers, etc.
Since '13' was an initiative, the lost revenue was never replaced. Instead the Governors, assembly and senate has contined to rob from the counties, cities and special districts to fund state government.
I don't know the answer, I'm sure gridlock in Sacramento is not a solution and the TP movement which Whitman sometimes represents (depending on her audience) appears to be a recipe for disaster.

California has some serious problems that have nothing to do with Democrats. The ballot iniative process that California (and many other States) have is a formula for disaster. Here in my native Louisiana our budget crisis has been exacerbated by the fact that people used ballot iniatives to royally screw the budget. Now that the budget is in trouble, it's going to end up being balanced on the backs of the hospitals and schools.

Forum List

Back