Political Oddsmaker Says Obama Will Lose in a Landslide

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/07/political-oddsmaker-says-obama-will-lose-in-a-landslide/

Enough is enough.
A political oddsmaker says Barack Obama will lose the election this year to Mitt Romney in a landslide.
Agreed.
As an oddsmaker with a pretty remarkable track record of picking political races, I play no favorites. I simply use common sense to call them as I see them. Back in late December I released my New Years Predictions. I predicted back then- before a single GOP primary had been held, with Romney trailing for months to almost every GOP competitor from Rick Perry to Herman Cain to Newt- that Romney would easily rout his competition to win the GOP nomination by a landslide. I also predicted that the Presidential race between Obama and Romney would be very close until election day. But that on election day Romney would win by a landslide similar to Reagan-Carter in 1980.

Understanding history, today I am even more convinced of a resounding Romney victory. 32 years ago at this moment in time, Reagan was losing by 9 points to Carter. Romney is right now running even in polls. So why do most pollsters give Obama the edge?

First, most pollsters are missing one ingredient- common sense. Here is my gut instinct. Not one American who voted for McCain 4 years ago will switch to Obama. Not one in all the land. But many millions of people who voted for an unknown Obama 4 years ago are angry, disillusioned, turned off, or scared about the future. Voters know Obama now- and that is a bad harbinger.

Bye-Bye Obama ,and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Americans are tired of taken a bite out of your shit sandwich..........:clap2:
$1180156_f496.jpg

$obama-trash.jpg

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/07/political-oddsmaker-says-obama-will-lose-in-a-landslide/

Enough is enough.
A political oddsmaker says Barack Obama will lose the election this year to Mitt Romney in a landslide.
Agreed.
As an oddsmaker with a pretty remarkable track record of picking political races, I play no favorites. I simply use common sense to call them as I see them. Back in late December I released my New Years Predictions. I predicted back then- before a single GOP primary had been held, with Romney trailing for months to almost every GOP competitor from Rick Perry to Herman Cain to Newt- that Romney would easily rout his competition to win the GOP nomination by a landslide. I also predicted that the Presidential race between Obama and Romney would be very close until election day. But that on election day Romney would win by a landslide similar to Reagan-Carter in 1980.

Understanding history, today I am even more convinced of a resounding Romney victory. 32 years ago at this moment in time, Reagan was losing by 9 points to Carter. Romney is right now running even in polls. So why do most pollsters give Obama the edge?

First, most pollsters are missing one ingredient- common sense. Here is my gut instinct. Not one American who voted for McCain 4 years ago will switch to Obama. Not one in all the land. But many millions of people who voted for an unknown Obama 4 years ago are angry, disillusioned, turned off, or scared about the future. Voters know Obama now- and that is a bad harbinger.

Bye-Bye Obama ,and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Americans are tired of taken a bite out of your shit sandwich..........:clap2:
View attachment 20835

View attachment 20836

They just had a discussion on this on MSLSD regarding that fact about Reagan. Your last point is also true. No one is going from voting Republican to voting for Obama. There are many moderate and intelligent Democratic voters who are disgusted with the Democrat Party and will turn to Romney.

Many of the youth vote will likely stay home or vote Romney. Independents break for the challenger and more so in this case when it's clear to those that actually are honest and think... overall Obama has been a disaster.

It's Romney's to lose.

Last edited:
Based on right wing "gut instinct"????

Nobody wants to vote for Obama?

Wayne Allyn Root from Townhall is your source? Oh, puh-leeze, that is like asking Karl Marx to handicap Henry Ford.

Sheesh.

Enough is enough.
Agreed.

View attachment 20835

View attachment 20836

O....M......G let it be true! For our sake and the sake of generations to come.

Now while I seriously doubt a landslide if either would win... Romney does have an even shot of winning the election, even if he loses Ohio

If Romney loses Florida or Ohio, the election is over for him

He has very little margin for error in swing states

The probolem is this: any solid GOP candidate, given this economy, should be destroying Obama.

That ain't happening.

I'll take Roots odds

Romney has to beat Obama with over 350 Electoral votes or 10% of the popular vote

Any takers?

Prediction: Romney Crushes Obama In Presidential Election Blowout
Prediction: Romney Crushes Obama In Presidential Election Blowout - Forbes

Electoral College Prediction Model Points To A Mitt Romney Win In 2012
Electoral College Prediction Model Points To A Mitt Romney Win In 2012

EP update for August 28 - Romney takes the lead (in the popular vote), Michigan is in play
2012 Presidential Election - Election Projection

2012 Electoral Map Forecast
2012 Electoral Map - The Intrade Forecast 08/30/2012

Interesting Links. Kind of all over the place. If Michigan and Illinois are actually in play as earlier reported, Obama funds are limited and may be stretched thin closer to the election. I think it boils down to his favorability ratings from here on in.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back