Political Message Boards

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Just curious where you all think we stand as a 'political message board'. This is a link to a site that monitors the biggest boards on the internet. We aren't listed yet as the qualifier is 500,000+ posts.

This is a link to the section already sorted by politics:

http://www.big-boards.com/kw/politics/

Many aren't actually related to politics. Some are only available in foreign languages. Some are 'conspiracies' related and others go to the extreme right or left. Just curious how you all feel about this site, and how it ranks against comparable sites that have been around longer.

I think we are a generally conservative board, though I think that in recent months we've seen a few more non-conservatives joining the forums. I think we could hold our own with any other board out there.

gop_jeff said:
I think we are a generally conservative board, though I think that in recent months we've seen a few more non-conservatives joining the forums. I think we could hold our own with any other board out there.

Indeed. :)

dmp said:

Maybe our brilliance is so intimidating that others feel too insignificant to post ? :cof:

and think about it---if DU is high on the list, is it really something we want to shoot for?

jimnyc said:
Just curious where you all think we stand as a 'political message board'. This is a link to a site that monitors the biggest boards on the internet. We aren't listed yet as the qualifier is 500,000+ posts.
Bigger does not equal BETTER. ;)

dilloduck said:
Maybe our brilliance is so intimidating that others feel too insignificant to post ? :cof:

and think about it---if DU is high on the list, is it really something we want to shoot for?

I was thinking the same thing. I think this is one of the better message boards ive been on just because we don't have such a huge troll issue. we have intellectual discussions.... Compared to DU at the top which nothing but insane trolls.

jimnyc said:

This is a link to the section already sorted by politics:

http://www.big-boards.com/kw/politics/

Many aren't actually related to politics. Some are only available in foreign languages. Some are 'conspiracies' related and others go to the extreme right or left. Just curious how you all feel about this site, and how it ranks against comparable sites that have been around longer.

Just taking a quick peak around, I'd say this board is at least as good as the top boards they have in the Conservative catagory. Of course, we might all be a little bias, and we have much better smilies. :sausage:

Forum List

Back