Political leanings status check

So you think that YOUR moral view of homosexuality is a VERY compelling reason to restrict the rights of homosexuals huh?

I am homophobic and I still have to disagree with you on that one.

Nope. My view of homosexuality is my own opinion and I could care less about what somebody else thinks of that opinion. Funny how you always seem to be attacked if you state what you truly believe. Not much tolerance for opposing beliefs. The only opinion I am responsible for is my own. If I had to vote to allow gay marriage I would vote against it. Sorry. That is my belief.
Typing yes would have sufficed.

OK. Yes. Thank you so much for your guidance.

mani - In general, I oppose any and all laws that restrict individual rights unless there is a VERY compelling need to do so. And I think 99.99% of those are already covered.

Black Dog - I agree with this.

mani - I would vote to legalize gay marriage, however I do not buy into the argument that it's already a constitutional right.

Black Dog - I'm sorry. I disagree. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman only. I am not homophobic but I do not support the gay lifestyle. My personal belief is that it is immoral.

So you think that YOUR moral view of homosexuality is a VERY compelling reason to restrict the rights of homosexuals huh?

I don't think it is a right to be married. That is in the religious realm and falls under the Church. A civil union and rights associated with that is of the state.

That is basically my thought as well.... Issues of inheritance, medical decisions, testimony, etc, for family coupled citizens.. that is the business of the government in terms of equal treatment etc... it is not the role of government to redefine what marriage is

Maybe you can answer your own question by comparing yourself to others. This is me:

- I support having a strong military for defense. I do not support using it to bully foreign nations or to invade countries that aren't a real threat.
AGREE. However, we may possibly have differences in determining which countries are a real threat.

- I oppose the Patriot Act
AS DO I.

- I'm anti-abortion but pro-choice. (meaning I think it's morally reprehensible in the abstract, but I don't think it's any of my business if someone I don't know wants to have one)
I CONCUR.

- I'd vote to legalize marijuana.
THAT IS WHAT I THINK (although have never and would never use it myself)

- In general, I oppose any and all laws that restrict individual rights unless there is a VERY compelling need to do so. And I think 99.99% of those are already covered.
THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

- I fully support the 2nd Amendment right of INDIVDUALS to bear arms.
I'LL AGREE (but I don't own guns...which I suppose is my right not to)

- In general, I oppose government wealth redistribution unless there is a VERY compelling need for it. And I think 99.99% of those are already covered... and then some.
YES INDEED!

- I would vote to legalize gay marriage, however I do not buy into the argument that it's already a constitutional right.
YEP (but I would like marriage to be a word not used by the government - all unions between two individuals should be Civil Unions. Marriage is a religious entity and religions can decide if they want to "marry" gays)

So what does this say about my ideological leanings?
IT LOOKS LIKE YOU AND I ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.

mani - In general, I oppose any and all laws that restrict individual rights unless there is a VERY compelling need to do so. And I think 99.99% of those are already covered.

Black Dog - I agree with this.

mani - I would vote to legalize gay marriage, however I do not buy into the argument that it's already a constitutional right.

Black Dog - I'm sorry. I disagree. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman only. I am not homophobic but I do not support the gay lifestyle. My personal belief is that it is immoral.

Nope. My view of homosexuality is my own opinion and I could care less about what somebody else thinks of that opinion. Funny how you always seem to be attacked if you state what you truly believe. Not much tolerance for opposing beliefs. The only opinion I am responsible for is my own. If I had to vote to allow gay marriage I would vote against it. Sorry. That is my belief.

Care to point out where I attacked you? :cuckoo:

I just think you're being inconsistent with regard to the two postions I quoted. That is UNLESS you really think there is a compelling reason to keep queers from getting married. And if you do, I disagree. Them getting married doesn't hurt me in the least.

Typing yes would have sufficed.

OK. Yes. Thank you so much for your guidance.
:D You're welcome.

Take off the political label suit. You will be the better for it. You know where you stand on various political topics. If someone wants to know what party you are with, instead of listening to you and judging on your positions, they are a partisan hack. Hardcore hacks are a waste of time to try and reason with.

Forum List

Back