Political leanings on the USMB Board

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
It would seem that of late, the population of this board has taken a rather pronounced turn to the right.

New members have typically been right-wing oriented, and the posts have taken a decidedly right-wing talking point direction, including much in the way of repetitive spam.

It seems that many of my fellow posters on the left-hand side of things, have found this unpalatable and are posting less and less..

It would be unfortunate to see USMB turn into a right-wing echo chamber, ala Townhall.com.

Perhaps folks on both sides might want to talk about this issue and express their political leanings to see if my assertion has any validity whatsoever.

I, myself, am a leftie.

It's not just this board, bub.

Those of us who are not Progressives (i.e. ranging from Moderate to Conservative) are not going to be silenced by the hyper Left. Your end of the spectrum has controlled the mainstream media and academia for years - and you begrudge us having a voice.

Tough Shit.

It would seem that of late, the population of this board has taken a rather pronounced turn to the right.

New members have typically been right-wing oriented, and the posts have taken a decidedly right-wing talking point direction, including much in the way of repetitive spam.

It seems that many of my fellow posters on the left-hand side of things, have found this unpalatable and are posting less and less..

It would be unfortunate to see USMB turn into a right-wing echo chamber, ala Townhall.com.

Perhaps folks on both sides might want to talk about this issue and express their political leanings to see if my assertion has any validity whatsoever.

I, myself, am a leftie.

Naw...almost all of us here are Lefties.....at least at one time or another when people say something rational or levelheaded, the far far right kooks call them liberals and leftists.

This board has always leaned right of center, in general. Still it is one of the more diverse boards that I have posted on. It is one of the few in which political affiliation is not even considered for staff selection.

Those of us who are not Progressives (i.e. ranging from Moderate to Conservative) are not going to be silenced by the hyper Left. Your end of the spectrum has controlled the mainstream media and academia for years - and you begrudge us having a voice.

Tough Shit.

Poor, poor victim of a years long conspiracy by the mainstream media (information is baaaad!) and academia (education is baaaad!)

:eusa_eh:

Tough Shit.

Why are you so hostile?? Why can't you righties treat people the way you want to be treated?? You are the ones that always start shit. Always. Nobody said anything to you that would make you respond like that. Grow up.

Tough Shit.

Why are you so hostile?? Why can't you righties treat people the way you want to be treated?? You are the ones that always start shit. Always. Nobody said anything to you that would make you respond like that. Grow up.

Right, because there are no leftwing lunatics on this board. :eusa_whistle:

Tough Shit.

:lol: Because the right doesn't have a stranglehold on radio? Or a foothold in television?

Let me guess, the left "controls the internet" too? :lol:

I, myself, am a leftie.

I think you're right. And they are getting more hostile and unreasonable every single day.

Tough Shit.

:lol: Because the right doesn't have a stranglehold on radio? Or a foothold in television?

Hey, it was Al Gore's brainchild. :eusa_whistle:

Reread the OP and think about it.

Thank you.

This board has always leaned right of center, in general. Still it is one of the more diverse boards that I have posted on. It is one of the few in which political affiliation is not even considered for staff selection.

Don't you mean staph selection?

/ducks.

i would have to agree, this board is very diverse. i belong to another board that is fairly diverse, though some great lefty members left. there are nutjobs and every board, no matter the size of the board. this board has great posters on both sides of the aisle. though we rarely agree, i like jillian, ravi, goldcatt, and a few others...you see, they have finally accepted that i am always right

:eusa_angel:

Air America failed because nobody wanted to listen to it. You could have supported it if it were important to you. NPR receives government handouts and has a very liberal editorial viewpoint. It's not the right's fault that the left can't run a viable business on the radio.

A foothold in television is just that "a foothold" - the majority of editorial content on TV is left leaning.

The internet, thank GAWD, is wide open territory. The low overhead of running a website makes it the most "democratic" form of media on the planet - anybody can post news stories and commentary. We should all hope it stays that way.

Last edited:
Each side likes to think that their side is normally reasonable and has less lunatics than the other side. It's always those other guys who are hateful and try to disrupt a civil conversation. Want proof of that?

I think you're right. And they are getting more hostile and unreasonable every single day.

I, myself, am a leftie.

Perhaps what they find unpalatable is defending this administration. Hey, some on the right know their pain, it just took many of them longer to see the light. So I think those on the left who aren't going to follow in those footsteps deserve applause.:clap2:

I am more libertarian than left or right, but have been called both liberal and conservative on this board.
One thing I am not is progressive, and that I have never been labeled as. I personally see the progressive agenda as nothing more than Marxism in disguise.

I support taking responsibility for yourself and your family and advocate as little government intrusion or "help" as possible.
Usually the ones on the left disagree with my posts more than those on the right, but not always.

I do not feel the same way as the OP, and think the 'population at USMB is a pretty good mix.
Almost all of the other boards I have been on are controlled by the lefty's, so I do appreciate the mix.

I think the Op may feel the way he does because the "political pendulum" seems to be swinging to the right.

Air America failed because nobody wanted to listen to it. You could have supported it if it were important to you. NPR receives government handouts and has a very liberal editorial viewpoint. It's not the right's fault that the left can't run a viable business on the radio.

You're wrong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back