Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chesswarsnow

"SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"
Dec 9, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry bout that,

1. What if I were in Syria, Saudia Arabia, Jordan, Egypt,...running my head like I do about thier governmant?
2. The way I let loose opon my Governmant USA, if I were in one of those countries, railing on them, I would be in jail already.
3. My butt would be so far back in some jail, nobody would know where I was, and they'dd be afraid to ask too!
4. Look here in Syria, this is common, you sure you want islam to expand here in USA?
5. Think about it for a long time before you answer.
6. Link and sample:Syria Internet law threatens online freedom

"

Syria is preparing to vote on an Internet law that has raised concerns abou...

Syria is preparing to vote on an Internet law that has raised concerns about online media in a country which already keeps a tight control of the Web and where access to at least 240 sites is blocked.
Journalists say the law, which was approved by the government last week and is awaiting parliament's rubber stamp, could seriously curtail the online media that has enjoyed greater freedom than print.

During the past few years, dozens of news websites have emerged in Syria, and the Internet has become an important source of information given the state's close scrutiny of more traditional media.

Reports on sensitive subjects like a ban in Syrian universities of the niqab, or full-face veil, which received wide coverage on the Internet, are often absent from newspapers.

And even though the Internet is often slow in Syria and websites get shut down for specified periods of time, there is no existing law that regulates online activity.

The new law was "very severe," said Ayman Abdel Nour, director of the website all4syria.org, which is edited from Dubai but has numerous contributors in Syria.

It would allow police to enter editorial offices to arrest journalists and seize their computers, Abdel Nour told AFP, adding the arrested journalists would then be hauled before criminal courts.

His website publishes information on out-of-bounds subjects including the president and his family, the army and religion. Despite being blocked since 2005, his website gets about 33,000 daily hits thanks to software that allows Syrians to get around censorship. "

7. Just one more reason to hate everything about islam, if you can't see it, your IQ is too low.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. *Crickets*:clap2:
2. No muslim apologists want to tackle this one?:lol:
3. Not even the muslims want to tackle this one, they know how it is.:cool:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. But I cal it a,..........WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. No one even tried to debate this thread.
3. So by default, I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:
4. Chaulk one up for *CHESSWARSNOW*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Broadband privacy vote may spur VPN's...
thumbsup.gif

US Vote to Repeal Broadband Privacy Rules Sparks Interest in VPNs
March 29, 2017 - The vote by the U.S. Congress to repeal rules that limit how internet service providers can use customer data has generated renewed interest in an old internet technology: virtual private networks, or VPNs.
VPNs cloak a customer's web-surfing history by making an encrypted connection to a private server, which then searches the Web on the customer's behalf without revealing the destination addresses. VPNs are often used to connect to a secure business network, or in countries such as China and Turkey to bypass government restrictions on Web surfing.

Privacy-conscious techies are now talking of using VPNs as a matter of course to guard against broadband providers collecting data about which internet sites and services they are using. "Time to start using a VPN at home," Vijaya Gadde‏, general counsel of Twitter Inc, said in a tweet on Tuesday that was retweeted by Twitter Chief Executive Jack Dorsey. Gadde was not immediately available for comment. Twitter said she was commenting in her personal capacity and not on behalf of the company.

359E4770-4F80-406A-AF3E-14F375CF034E_w1023_r1_s.jpg

A lock icon, signifying an encrypted Internet connection, is seen on an Internet Explorer browser]/center]

The Republican-led U.S. House of Representatives voted 215-205 on Tuesday to repeal rules adopted last year by the Federal Communications Commission under then-President Barack Obama to require broadband providers to obtain consumer consent before using their data for advertising or marketing.

US Vote to Repeal Broadband Privacy Rules Sparks Interest in VPNs

Forum List

Back