Political Glad Handing....

K

KGB

Now that the most devious bastard in our nation's history since Hitler is rotting in hell, it's typical & sad to see politicians on both sides of the aisle patting themselves on the back for a job they did not do. Is anyone else sick to their stomach watching these morons largely ignoring those who deserve the most credit (our Armed Forces & Intelligence services) while proclaiming in speech after speech all the "effort" they put forth from the comfort of their privileged offices?

Where is the ticker tape parade for the brave soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines in uniform as well as the professionals in our intelligence organs who actually took OBL down to the depths of hell? Where are the pronouncements that each member of that SEAL team to a man is getting not one, but two Congressional Medals of Honor? Where are the announcements that given the nature of this enemy in question, that those same brave SEALs will share the bounty reward? Where is any of this?

Instead, we get bickering back & forth from the political parties on which politician gets the most praise. It's enough to make my stomach roll. A true leader does not seek out glory, it comes to him or her by their actions. A true leader gets out of the way when the rewards are handed out, because he or she knows that posterity will provide them with reward enough. A true leader doesn't do the right thing or advertise it after the fact to seek political gain, they do it for the simple virtue of the act.

I ask you, where have the leaders gone? At least, the members of our armed forces understand this & will gladly allow history to reward them. To those SEAL members & to those who supported them, you have honored the uniform with your service. You are the true heroes & a grateful nation salutes you. You have earned your place in our nation's history even if the morons who run this country can't see it. God Bless you & God Bless America.....

Have done a lot of work with the SEALs at BUD/S school in Coronado, CA. The many SEALs I've met there simply don't strike me as the types that are interested in medals, CMH or otherwise. In fact, you can't even get them to talk about past missions as they don't want to admit to the bad guys of the world what they've had a hand in and what they haven't. Keep 'em guessing seems to be their preference.

Have done a lot of work with the SEALs at BUD/S school in Coronado, CA. The many SEALs I've met there simply don't strike me as the types that are interested in medals, CMH or otherwise. In fact, you can't even get them to talk about past missions as they don't want to admit to the bad guys of the world what they've had a hand in and what they haven't. Keep 'em guessing seems to be their preference.

They are forbbin to talk about past missions it is what keeps this country safe.

If our politicians were only as humble----

A true leader does not seek out glory, it comes to him or her by their actions. A true leader gets out of the way when the rewards are handed out, because he or she knows that posterity will provide them with reward enough. A true leader doesn't do the right thing or advertise it after the fact to seek political gain, they do it for the simple virtue of the act.

I completely agree. President Obama has been nothing if not totally up front about who should be getting the praise. Unlike some who put on a flight suit and chopper in for a photo op, he's stood back and given credit where credit is due. America finally has the leader we deserve. Thank you SEALS, thank you CIA and well done Mr. President. :clap2:

Forum List

Back