Political discussion without the hate - hopefully

Delta One

Rookie
Feb 15, 2017
Hello, I am a 77 year old senior citizen, retired from the U.S. Air Force and currently living in Missouri. I am a Republican who voted for Donald Trump as the lesser of two evils but am now convinced that I made the right choice and the guy can make a difference if the liberal mania can be calmed down a bit. I am looking for a place where political discussion can be had without personal attack but I fully enjoy making disparaging comments about public people or organizations that I feel are hurting my country.

Hello, I am a 77 year old senior citizen, retired from the U.S. Air Force and currently living in Missouri. I am a Republican who voted for Donald Trump as the lesser of two evils but am now convinced that I made the right choice and the guy can make a difference if the liberal mania can be calmed down a bit. I am looking for a place where political discussion can be had without personal attack but I fully enjoy making disparaging comments about public people or organizations that I feel are hurting my country.
Welcome.

Your best bet will be the Clean Debate Zone, where people are expected to behave (pretty much) like adults.

Outside of that, it's a junior high school playground for the most part.

There are areas here where you can find mostly debate, specifically in the Clean Debate zone as opposed to the typical mud slinging. The rest of the board is mostly a free for all which is fun for some. There's also the Coffee Shop, an island where politics and personal differences/animosities are to be left at the door.
That said, welcome to the best little insane asylum on the interwebz........ :D

Welcome Delta. Some posters on here can act like adults and have good conversations with you, but there are others on here who if they disagree with you, instead of trying to come up with valid, logical points, they will immediately go for the insult without validating their point.

You'll figure out who they are after a short time here.

Welcome and have fun! Even though we are opposite politically, I promise you that if you are civil with me, I will be civil with you.

th

But have fun

Welcome Delta. Some posters on here can act like adults and have good conversations with you, but there are others on here who if they disagree with you, instead of trying to come up with valid, logical points, they will immediately go for the insult without validating their point.

Welcome and have fun! Even though we are opposite politically, I promise you that if you are civil with me, I will be civil with you.

We agree to disagree on occasion, and I hope I never insulted you. If I did, my apologies. Delta one will find out very quickly there are very few on USMB like you. As we vets say, sometimes in the heat of battle..............

We agree to disagree on occasion, and I hope I never insulted you. If I did, my apologies. Delta one will find out very quickly there are very few on USMB like you. As we vets say, sometimes in the heat of battle..............

Actually, it's very easy to tell if I've ever felt insulted by you, because if I had, I would have popped off with some of my more vulgar insults, such as lowborn polish gutter slut, or penis puffing colon jouster, or some other string of really bad stuff.

Nope, never had a problem with you Too Tall. I kinda like it when people have opposing views, because that forces me to go to Google and I learn more stuff. Sometimes I even learn that you were right and I was wrong.

Actually, it's very easy to tell if I've ever felt insulted by you, because if I had, I would have popped off with some of my more vulgar insults, such as lowborn polish gutter slut, or penis puffing colon jouster, or some other string of really bad stuff.

Nope, never had a problem with you Too Tall. I kinda like it when people have opposing views, because that forces me to go to Google and I learn more stuff. Sometimes I even learn that you were right and I was wrong.

My sentiments exactly sailor.

Thanks for that variety of responses. Gives me an idea of what to expect so I will wander around the board a bit to see if I can get some idea of where I would fit in best. I don't mind personal trashing but it gets old fast and so I prefer to avoid it now that the election is over.

Forum List

Back