Political Degree of USMB Members.

Where do you fall in the political spectrum?

• Far to the Right.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I'm on the Right.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Right-leaning moderate.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Centrist.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Left-leaning moderate.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I'm on the Left.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Far to the Left.

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sort of a useless poll without defining what each answer means - or even what each answer means to the person taking part.

Some on the 'left' think it just means pro-democracy/planet/human rights/peace/international law... but really, to assume that someone who is on the 'right' is actually AGAINST those things would be unfair and illogical.

I purposely left it up to each individual to define that for themselves.

LMAO.....what was yours again? It wasn't shockingly lower like someone else.

31%, but again, I lied on quite a few. :)

That's right, I remember now. Mine was the unmitigated 33%.

On this I scored a 3.25 to the right and a 0.21 to the bottom.

I think a lot of that is because of the way the questions are asked on the test.

I'm very close to what you are:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 3.38 (Right)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.77 (Bottom/Libertarian)

But, I agree that the questions are very limiting and don't really adequately cover the ambiguous nature of some of the topics. You could agree depending on how something was applied, that part is left out of the answers for the most part.

Very interesting test. Leans left in some of the phrasing but reveals an interesting result. I was surprised by mine. Guess the good news is that I am in the same ballpark with Pope Benedict the 16th (know nothing of him).
pcgraphpng.php

Colorado, are you going to tally your 2 polls you started today and make some kind of statement about how USMB members compare to Americans on the Political Landscape?

I guess my terroristic and extremist views tend to balance each other out.

pcgraphpngphp.png

Mine never seems to change, just sometimes more extreme:

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 7.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69

So, generally speaking, are you far right, far left, right leaning, left leaning, or centrist.

I am going to use the information from this poll and associate it with another poll that is similar, but takes into account the degree of the political spectrum of USMB members, and how USMB members perceive the political climate of the US.

After the polls die, I'll start a new thread with the results.

P.S. The polls will be public.

Centrist. I know that's a cop out but, on balance, I can't say I align more with elephants or donkeys.

I have no extremes at all. Pretty close to center.

Political Compass Printable Graph

That's like moderate, right?

Or 'fence sitter'?

I am no fence sitter as evidenced by my opinions here. I have no idea why it scores me that way, but every time I have taken it I score in that area.

It could be because I have 2 sets of ideals that guide me. One is personal and one is societal. I am strongly opposed to Abortion but as long as it is legal IT MUST not be infringed. For example.

Regarding gays, I am STRONGLY opposed to Gay Marriage and opposed to making the Gay life style seem normal. But with regards to society if a stable Gay couple wants to adopt they should have that right.

Getting the picture?
That's what I would call a fence sitter. You are either for gay marriage, or you are not. You are either for abortion or you are not. I am for neither, and will vote against any form of them whenever I have a chance to voice my vote.

Forum List

Back